PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where are our weaknesses on offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playcalling is the biggest weakness on offense as far as I'm concerned. QUOTE]

I think its more than just play calling. Play calling is just one aspect of offensive coaching and that's where I think the greatest weakness lies. CW was an excellent offensive coach. He knew the right play to call because he studied the defense continuously. He didn't need to look at some play chart and make some prescripted selection. I hope BB not having an OC means that he will be much more involved with coaching the offense - I don't see anyone else that can do this!! And I realize that this is just a hope as BB seems to spend a lot of time during a game coaching the defense with his back to what the offense is doing. :(

i would say the OL is the biggest Weaknesse if mankins is not there and if neal can't stay healthy

I'll second this and add there is no way Neal will stay healthy. He plays in a
tough world, gives his all, and at times luck does not go his way. Every time
Neal winds up injured the OL suffers greatly.

According to Pro Football Focus, whe have the fifth ranked pass blocking line and second ranked run blocking.

The only ranking that matters is the patsfans ranking which ranks our OL in the bottom third in both pass blocking and run blocking.

According to Pro Football Focus, whe have the fifth ranked pass blocking line and second ranked run blocking.

The only ranking that matters is the patsfans ranking which ranks our OL in the bottom third in both pass blocking and run blocking.

That's what I figured. :bricks:

Measuring pass protection on sacks allowed is an ignorant way to do that.

So if Brady is able to throw the ball away because he has LBs running towards him, we don't count that as bad pass protection because there was no sack, right? :rolleyes:

Exactly!!!!!

I will admit that my memory may be little bit biased since the last game I saw on TV was a huge play off loss at home to the shabby old Baltimore Ravens. Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and their buddies were all over Brady. On the other hand their O-line moved the ball up and down the field at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back