Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My gut says tomorrow (Friday, round 2).

My gut says tomorrow (Friday, round 2).

Agree. This draft class is not good. Better than 2007 but not by enough. The key is going to be the level of 2014 compensation that can be extracted from the picks the Pats have. Would love to see the perpetual 2nd round dividend start up again, but I'm not sure anyone is giving up a future 1st for #29. Realistically I'm hoping for a 2nd from a team that has unlimited downward potential.

I voted for trade down, but a trade up wouldn't surprise me at all. It seems like every team wants to trade down this year which could lead to some excellent value in trading up. However, I'd be more confident if we had more picks.

Last year a 3rd rounder moved us from #27 to #21. Could it get us into the high teens this year? There could be a real buyers market tonight.

Here's my three step plan for the night:

1) Watch the Red Sox game until it's over or the draft reaches pick 15 (whichever comes first).

2) Watch the draft until the Pats trade out of the first round.

3) Come here and entertain myself with the inevitable ragefest :D

They'll trade down and pick up and additional 2nd and 3rd. Hopefully the 2nd is an early one.

Hoping for the end of round 2 here. I think this draft blows and would love to be the team in the right place that we could trade #29 to a team for their #1 next year and whatever pick this year they're good enough to give us. Like in 2006 when we got a #4 and a #1 the next year.

There will be no first round. Every team is trading out of it.

Hoping for the end of round 2 here. I think this draft blows and would love to be the team in the right place that we could trade #29 to a team for their #1 next year and whatever pick this year they're good enough to give us. Like in 2006 when we got a #4 and a #1 the next year.

It's not all that good at the top, but it's deep. I wouldn't mind a #1 next year, though. I don't think they'll go that route, personally. I think if they trade down, it'll be for a 2nd and 3rd this year, giving them four picks on Friday.

They'll trade down and pick up and additional 2nd and 3rd. Hopefully the 2nd is an early one.

I expect a couple of move downs, the first to philly at 35 and then to St Louis at 46, with Philly picking up a qb and the rams Eddie Lacy

I think they will trade back with teams rushing to get into the end of the first for a qb. Hopefully they are able to get a second this year and a first next year.

The Patriots have singlehandedly conditioned me to not get excited about the NFL draft. They might as well call it the NFL Meh.

Rob Gronkowski drafted by Pats on Vimeo

It's not all bad!

What about when they traded up 2x last year? That was pretty unusual / cool

I can see why even with his shenanigans its hard to stay mad at him.....I can see BB trying to scold him and all Gronk is trying to do is hug the coach......'I know coach, but if just hug, I'll be OK'

from the moment he first put that helmet on while on the stage......

I think they MAy trade down. First pick will be a DE or CB and they board will go in panic mode

Rob Gronkowski drafted by Pats on Vimeo

It's not all bad!

What about when they traded up 2x last year? That was pretty unusual / cool

Last year was bizarre. A real high after the first round followed by the let down of, at the time, the Tavon Wilson pick. And then the high of the Bequette pick at the end of day two, then another so-so day 3 saved by the Dennard pick. Real roller-coaster last year.

Last year was bizarre. A real high after the first round followed by the let down of, at the time, the Tavon Wilson pick. And then the high of the Bequette pick at the end of day two, then another so-so day 3 saved by the Dennard pick. Real roller-coaster last year.

Then it's less than the NFL "Meh" as Tune feels... but you're a draft guy through and through so I don't think it'd bore you, regardless.

I was super excited when they drafted Wilfork.

Maroney pick was awesome

and last year

those are my first round faulk yeah style

Belichick rarely stays put when he has 10 picks or more in the draft,what makes some people think he will do it now or even crazier to think he will try and move up?

When all is said and done,I expect him to have about 8 picks in this draft and possibly none until late in the second or early third round.

The first draft day will be Patriot-less IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference