PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Stupidest Thing You've ever Thought/Said about the Patriots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1999 when they hired BB, I asked my brother if Kraft had made a mistake, "did he think he was hiring Brian Billick?"

In 2001 during the Mo Lewis/Bledsoe game I asked, "who the hell is Brady? What about Damon Huard?"

huskeralk said:
Where are the "Bishop should be our starting qb" people. :D

Great topic!

I've got two...

Talking to my good friend SteveP, I said,

"Why the F did they waste a draft pick on a QB when they have Bledsoe and Michael Bishop (the QB of the future)!

Again talking to my friend SteveP, I said,

"I totally disagree with you Steve, I think Bobby Grier is doing a great job as GM!"

In defense of the Bishop fan club, they were talking about that on the radio the other day and someone pointed out that most of it was driven by the fact that people just wanted Bledsoe gone. They didn't really care how or who replaced him. I can understand that because he drove me to that point to.

Once upon a time I convinced myself that Parcells was stifling Drew's growth and development and he might just flourish under a less controlling HC like Pete.

December 2002 at the Razor - late 4th quarter during an embarrasing loss to the Jets, I walked up to Santa Claus (he was standing by the lighthouse) and told him "all I want for Christmas is Drew Bledsoe back."

Let's see

"Belichoke? The douche who got kicked out of Cleveland? Is our coach? Excuse me while I gouge my eyes out."

"Sit Brady, this is Bledsoe's team, you don't lose your job to injury, this isn't some Wally Pipp BS"

"Why trade for Dillon, he's old. Draft Stephen Jackson and go young." (this might not be a mistake, but Dillon's first year here was amazing, so it shut me up.)

"Tony Simmons, the future of the Pats offense, speed kills."

I got some more I can think of, but these are some of the top ones.

The stupidest things I find myself saying is when I read aloud some of your posts...Ha ha Jk ...um I cant recall being wrong..oh yeah when Brady was drafted I was like when this kid replaces Bledsoe we will be lucky to win 2 superbowls with him...D'oh!

"Tom Brady ??? We're doomed!!! Why don't they just through Greg out there, or Peter?" And then I immediately thought of next year's draft pick.

Oh yeah, and then theres "Curtis Martin will never go to the Jets!"

1. "Bledsoe should start"

2. "Belichick busted in Cleveland"

3. Hopefully it won't end up being stupid, but ever since the Denver loss I am convinced that Brady will be MVP this year.

After starting 0-2....fire Belihick that guy has no idea what he's doing

Sit Tom Brady for the Super Bowl in New Orleans

After all he's just a rookie....

I can't believe it, Manny Lawson fell right into our lap. Whew, I'm glad that's over.:D

last offseason was great with biesel, terrel, and starks.... yeah, that didnt go exactly as hoped, but I am still holding my breath that biesel at least becomes a solid contributer

Last edited:
Why do they need a new stadium? I had so many good times at Schaefer!

After we drafted Brady, I remember the ESPN analyst saying "Michigan football will never be the same, the Patriots have selected Tom Brady". I immediatly thought "sucks to be him he'll never see the field"

During the first game against the Jets in 2001 and Drew went down I thought "what we really need is the off-season again"

"Who the hell does this Belichick guy think he is coming in and releasing Ben Coates?

stinkypete said:
December 2002 at the Razor - late 4th quarter during an embarrasing loss to the Jets, I walked up to Santa Claus (he was standing by the lighthouse) and told him "all I want for Christmas is Drew Bledsoe back."

Thanks for that, Stinky.

I was watching that same game here on the TV. They showed close-ups of Brady after he came off having thrown an int and he looked like a six year-old whose puppy had just been run over. When Pennington had thrown an int a bit earlier he came off looking angry and ready to fight. I thought "Well, Brady's OK when things are going his way, but he doesn't have the heart that Pennington has".
:bricks:

(By the way, a number of our keenest posters haven't contributed to this thread -- I guess it's because they've never been wrong. :D )

Mike the Brit said:
Thanks for that, Stinky.

(By the way, a number of our keenest posters haven't contributed to this thread -- I guess it's because they've never been wrong. :D )

Yep, I noticed that too. Some people on this board are noticeably reticent when it comes to posting on "crow eating threads" and the like.

OK, where should I begin? This is by no means an exhaustive list.

"That Tony Eason looks like a good QB", though in my defence I had only started to watch football.

"We are coming back", sometime in the third quarter of the Green Bay SB.

Corey Dillon is a BAD move for the team and will be bad news in the locker-room. I felt validated after his first preseason. Ouch.

I was hoping that we would keep the score respectable for the Rams Superbowl. Never in a million years did I expect the Pats to win.

As good as BB and the coaching staff are, there is no way that the 2005 team will make the playoffs with so many injuries.

Ben Watson? WTF?

"I don't see any receivers I like in the 2006 draft".

There was one I got right, though. I believed that the long term good of the team was served by cutting Lawyer Milloy, when he was asking such a large price to stay. I understood that bit of the philosophy. I did expect it to have a bigger effect on the season though.

Jimke said:
They just cut Lawyer Milloy. They'll be lucky to win one game

this year.

After they cut Lawyer, I said I was never watching a Patriots game again! Yeah...right.

When the Patriots drove the ball and scored the first three points in the Super Bowl against the Chicago Bears, I kept saying to everyone in the room, "The Patriots are going to win this game." And I believed it.

After Brady was drafted, I told my brother-in-law "wow, I can't believe no one else drafted him. He'll be a starter in this league. Did you see him tear up that Alabama team in the bowl game?"
He looked at me like that was the stupidest thing I ever said.

This is actually something I've done. This is a hard one for me to admit...

During the Oakland game, (you know the one - playoffs, in the snow) I was sitting about three rows from the field right on the goal line. It was cold - I mean real cold, and as the game went on I was continually sipping from the flasks we had smuggled into the game to "keep warm." Nothing had happend on our side of the field for most of the day. Around the end of the third quarter, I realize that I've had way too much to drink and need to get the hell out of here before I get sick all over the guy in front of me. We made it back out to the parking lot (which by this time resembled a revolutionary war army camp - rows and rows of tents covered in snow) just in time to see the tuck rule on tv, and Adams kick through the snow. I distinctly remember saying "boy that sure looked like a fumble to me!" - Doah, blame the wild turkey.

What the hell are we doing hiring that no personality loser coach from Cleveland? The Pats are returning to the dark days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents