PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the front 4 going to look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to be switching from 3-4 to 4-3. I think Brace may be the odd man out on the 45 man game roster. Pryor is ahead of him.

3-4 1st and 2nd down Warren Wilfork and Green with Ninkovich and Thomas outside
3rd and long Burgess, Wilfork, Green Thomas, Mayo, Guyton 5DB's

4-3 1st and 2nd down Warren Wilfork Green Pryor
3rd and long Burgess, Wright, Green, Banta-Cain Mayo and Thomas 5DBs

is brace better than pryor at this point?

Why do you think trading Seymour will help Wilfork want to sign with the patriots in 2010?

Of last year???? not so much.

I thyink the ability to stunt will be pretty good. Plus it's a fairly new look and will be easy to disguise schemes this years. Big Sey hurt, but to pick up a 1st for him is to good to pass up, plus if we extend Vince...... It's even better.

Making a prediction consider this
Burgess is a little small DE and gets injured a tonne playing full time as a end so i do not see why everyone wants him to play DE all the time
so he can get injured again !!!

We still have a stable of awesome DT in vince ,ty , green ,wright ,pyor
so why play 4-3 where you can only have 2 of the above on the field.

bizzare logic

I will 3 of the above with green and ad on one side over the tackle and then play woods/Banta on the other side.Using burgess and Rob Nov...
as pass rush spl.

The base d on 1st down will still be a 3-4 to stop the run. The starters

Warren Wilfolk Brace, Pryor to rotate at NT, Green, Wright To rotate at DE

AD MAyo Guyton Woods.

However with the # of pts the O will score we will spend > 50% of our time in a nickle or dime package. In the nickle we will play 4-2-5, AD & Mayo will be the LB's. Take your pick on the DL lots of rotation to keep the big guys fresh.

DT rotation: Wilfolk, Pryor, Brace, Wright take 2
DE rotation: Burgess, BantaCain Take 1
DE Green Wright Take 1

The depth on the DL (especially the surprise emergence of Pryor), allow the trading of Seymour without (Hopefilly IMO) too much damage to the D overall.

Interesting that of all the threads and all the hyperbole on the Seymour trade, this is the one thread that helps me understand that this year, of all years, is when they could move Seymour with the least detriment to the defense.

he said passing downs...definite passing down im going with

DE-Burgess/adalius
DT-Mike Wright/Jarvis Green
DT-Myron Pryor
DE-Tully Banta Cain/adalius thomas

Wilfork and Brace on a passing down only to draw a double team and free up a safety or lb blitzing...

WE HAVE SCAAAAARRY VERSATILITY! Run stoppers, pass rushers, and 3-4, 4-3, nickel, and dime greatness! And we obviously have faith in BB and Pees to devise a scary pressure scheme on passing downs.

Great point. With so much talk today on 3-4/4-3/ zone blitzes/ speed rushers.... you almost think this is going to be the post 3-4/4-3 defense where you could see anything. Interesting that dedicated fans can be here and only speculate what we are going to see.

It's interesting that the league moves to a two RB system and BB goes to a four or five back system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST