PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whatever happened to James Beheadigbo?

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I mean that dude was really good at trying to decapitate the opposition and playing great hail mary defense.

I remember him always being "hurt."

Every. Single. Game.

The Ravens managed to get the W in spite of his awesome defense at the end of the game.

He botched that defensive play something fierce, but the dude also had 2 INTs, one of which ended a drive at midfield. Kind of a wash of very good and very bad during the course of the game.

I always felt that he was very inconsistent. I am sure that is one of the reasons he is no longer on the Pats.

Beheadigbo?

Sorry you're trying too hard..........

He botched that defensive play something fierce, but the dude also had 2 INTs, one of which ended a drive at midfield. Kind of a wash of very good and very bad during the course of the game.

But the 2 picks were brutal overthrows by Dalton, not good defensive plays other than being deep behind the receiver but not within 5 yards of the guy. Like Harmon's "Look what I found!" pick last Sunday.

Beheadigbo?

Sorry you're trying too hard..........

Yeah, this forum has a lot of really bad puns but this one might take the cake.

Ihedigbo was arguably the worst defensive back I have ever seen start for the Patriots, and he hasn't improved since leaving.

I don't really remember how he played here. I remember him for the sheer fact that he started a number of games that season which just showed how bad we were in that area. 2011 secondary was brutal. Awful play in the Bengals game.

But the 2 picks were brutal overthrows by Dalton, not good defensive plays other than being deep behind the receiver but not within 5 yards of the guy. Like Harmon's "Look what I found!" pick last Sunday.

I wasn't saying he was great, but he did hold on to the ball - twice. He was never a great defensive back, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I'll say this: he's certainly gotten nastier.

Seems like a pretty good pun to me. Behead = good name for a safety, rhymes with his seemingly unpronounceable name.

I say, he who is without wit, cast the first groan.

Ihedigbo was arguably the worst defensive back I have ever seen start for the Patriots, and he hasn't improved since leaving.
LOL...how many years have you been watching?

I don't really remember how he played here. I remember him for the sheer fact that he started a number of games that season which just showed how bad we were in that area. 2011 secondary was brutal. Awful play in the Bengals game.
Probably because he'd start the game then trip over paint and come off injured after the first drive.

Every now and then I find myself marveling about the awesome skills of NFL players and what it takes to be on the field in an NFL game.

Then I think of Ihedigbo.

Then I conclude that he must own secret pics of Harbaugh doing something really embarrassing and he's leveraging them to their fullest extent.

LOL...how many years have you been watching?

Despite your dumb machismo nostalgia, here, the facts are that the 2011 Patriots defense was the worst in team history. It was one of the worst in the history of the NFL. Ihedigbo was the worst starter on that defense. He was worse than the guys I grew up with - Harry Colon, the other Rod Smith, David Pool, Randy Robbins, Myron Guyton. Those bad Patriots teams actually had respectable defensive backfields (Hurst, Lippett, Marion, Barnett, Henderson).

Ihedigbo's a good special teams player who's been unfortunately miscast as a defensive back by two teams, now. The only worse dumpster fire I could imagine is if Nate Ebner ever had to play safety for the Patriots.

This post has offended Duane Starks

Despite your dumb machismo nostalgia, here, the facts are that the 2011 Patriots defense was the worst in team history. It was one of the worst in the history of the NFL. Ihedigbo was the worst starter on that defense. He was worse than the guys I grew up with - Harry Colon, the other Rod Smith, David Pool, Randy Robbins, Myron Guyton. Those bad Patriots teams actually had respectable defensive backfields (Hurst, Lippett, Marion, Barnett, Henderson).

Ihedigbo's a good special teams player who's been unfortunately miscast as a defensive back by two teams, now. The only worse dumpster fire I could imagine is if Nate Ebner ever had to play safety for the Patriots.
fdySfO9.jpg

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back