Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

At least what record will we need to earn the #1 seed?

• 15-1

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 14-2

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • 13-3

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • 12-4

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • 11-5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 10-6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Generally, what record do you think we'll need to earn the #1 seed? The Patriots could go 15-1, in theory, but this poll is asking what the minimum number of games they will need to win to clinch #1. If you believe multiple teams will share this record with the Patriots, but the Patriots will have all the tiebreakers, please enter that amount. For example, we could get the #1 at 11-5 in a four way tie with other teams and our tiebreakers would give us the #1 (or otherwise we'd need a 12-4 record to get #1). Please excuse any ties as part of the poll, as they are rare with the exception of tonight's game.

I am posting this poll because of the losses pilling up among the AFC's elite. For instance, I could see Denver, Oakland, and Pittsburgh maxing out at 11-5 or 12-4 at best. It'd be nice to have a realistic goal to achieve the #1 without full blown panic if we lose 1-2 more games this year.

15-1 is a possible condition to get the #1 if you believe Denver has the capacity to win out (including against us).

Last edited:
If Vollmer can return and be 75 to 80% of his abilities....... I like our chances against any team in any stadium...... I think we all expect to see Lewis soon but unknown how dynamic he will be post surgery

Well we already own tiebreakers against 2 current division leaders, the Texans and Steelers. We only play the Broncos in the AFC West, but it's doubtful they'll be at the top of that division so that tiebreaker probably doesn't matter even if we lose that game.

I think 12-4 should do it. The Steelers already have 3 losses, the Texans still have to play and could potentially be 5-2 but they currently have a -19 point differential which hints that they won't be a powerhouse. They might win that terrible division with a 9-7 or 10-6 year, but not close to a top seed.

So it really comes down to the AFC West, and I don't see Oakland going 7-2 down the stretch in that division. KC and Denver are still competitive, and even San Diego is looking frisky. The Raiders still have road games against all 3 division foes.

Chose 13-3. I think another team might get to 12-4. If that team is DEN, and that one of those 12 is a win vs Pats...

Chose 13-3. I think another team might get to 12-4. If that team is DEN, and that one of those 12 is a win vs Pats...

I thought about Denver because they have a pretty easy schedule. But that means Trevor Semen (that's how I'm pronouncing it) is going 8-2. I just can't see it.

Generally, what record do you think we'll need to earn the #1 seed? The Patriots could go 15-1, in theory, but this poll is asking what the minimum number of games they will need to win to clinch #1. If you believe multiple teams will share this record with the Patriots, but the Patriots will have all the tiebreakers, please enter that amount. For example, we could get the #1 at 11-5 in a four way tie with other teams and our tiebreakers would give us the #1 (or otherwise we'd need a 12-4 record to get #1). Please excuse any ties as part of the poll, as they are rare with the exception of tonight's game.

I am posting this poll because of the losses pilling up among the AFC's elite. For instance, I could see Denver, Oakland, and Pittsburgh maxing out at 11-5 or 12-4 at best. It'd be nice to have a realistic goal to achieve the #1 without full blown panic if we lose 1-2 more games this year.

15-1 is a possible condition to get the #1 if you believe Denver has the capacity to win out (including against us).

I voted 12-4, which will probably be their record at the end of the season. I see the following losses:
@Jets (back to back road, cross country flight, Jets coming off bye);
@Denver (short week, bad officiating as usual whenever we play there)
@Miami (1st seed clinched making final game irrelevant).

@ Bills and vs. Seahawks games will be challenging but I feel good about both since McCoy is hobbled and we get Seahawks at home after our bye week.

11-5 is probably worst case scenario but actually might be enough for 1 seed.

As zen master says, "we shall see."

Well we already own tiebreakers against 2 current division leaders, the Texans and Steelers. We only play the Broncos in the AFC West, but it's doubtful they'll be at the top of that division so that tiebreaker probably doesn't matter even if we lose that game.

I think 12-4 should do it. The Steelers already have 3 losses, the Texans still have to play and could potentially be 5-2 but they currently have a -19 point differential which hints that they won't be a powerhouse. They might win that terrible division with a 9-7 or 10-6 year, but not close to a top seed.

So it really comes down to the AFC West, and I don't see Oakland going 7-2 down the stretch in that division. KC and Denver are still competitive, and even San Diego is looking frisky. The Raiders still have road games against all 3 division foes.
On top of that, so far this season, KC, Denver, and Oakland have all not played one game against each other. (All in division games have been with SD for all of them) So they all have extra built in losses. The Pats are in an incredibly good spot but let's face it.... this is a major "opportunity" year, the AFC is in shambles.

EDIT: I was wrong about this. KC and Oak have played one time already

Last edited:
On top of that, so far this season, KC, Denver, and Oakland have all not played one game against each other. (All in division games have been with SD for all of them) So they all have extra built in losses. The Pats are in an incredibly good spot but let's face it.... this is a major "opportunity" year, the AFC is in shambles.
I actually see the Pats at 15-1... though I am sure that will unexpectadly drop at least one more game and go 14-2, 13-3 at the worst. All will get the number 1 seed the way things are shaping up. If I did not know that the Bills suck in my heart I would call next week the only "must win" regular season game left for them. (Can't get swept by the Bills, we can bury the division next week for the most part)

Oops. I was actually wrong about this.. oh well. SOrry. Oakland and Chiefs have played each other once.

I'm hoping it will take just 8 more weeks (and we have a week 9 bye)

The division winners of the AFC North and South will probably have no better than an 11-5 record at best and we probably will have the advantage of any tie-breaker scenarios against them.

I'm very curious what record the AFC West winner will have. Given how competitive that division appears to be, I'd be shocked if the AFCW winner was any better than 11-5.

After watching yesterdays game I thought this team could go 14-2 with a dump game at the end of the season.

After reading the Game day threads I thought this team won't even win the division. :eek:

I think 12-4 could get it with some possible tie breakers and 13-3 will get it outright.

12-4 is probably good enough. It's hard to believe it but the Raiders look like an actual threat. If you take a close look at their roster, I'd argue it is not too far off in talent from ours besides the obvious stars we have.

As for the Faders...Their coach is Del Rio...nuff said....

Prediction:
AFCE- Patriots 12-4
AFCW- Raiders 11-5
AFCN- Steelers 10-6
AFCS-Texans 9-7

The way the teams are playing in the South, I can see a team winning that division with a under 500 record.

one more win then the next best team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft