Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

At least what record will we need to earn the #1 seed?

• 15-1

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 14-2

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • 13-3

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • 12-4

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • 11-5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 10-6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
12-4 will do it provided we win the key games needed as well for tie breakers. In the following 11-5 could do it but i don't think we likely win the tie breakers we need to going 11-5.

How teams finish in reality

AFCE

Pats 13-3
Bills 8-8
Dolphins 7-9
Jets 5-11

AFCN

Steelers 11-5
Ravens 8-8
Bengals 8-8
Browns 3-13

AFCS

Colts 8-8
Houston 8-8
Titans 6-10
Jags 4-12

AFCW

Broncos 11-5
Raiders 10-6
Chiefs 9-7
Chargers 7-9

Something like that.

So Pats #1 Steelers #2 Broncos #3 Colts #4 Raiders #5 Chiefs #6 (surprisingly 3 teams from the West and the Bills kind of implode as i believe they are playing above their head right now.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. I think the Pats will be better than 12-4, more like 14-2 or 13-3.

I think they're going to clinch the #1 seed in December making the last few games irrelevant. We can expect a few more losses just based on the schedule we have to play. I don't care how sh*tty the Jets look now, we're playing them on the road after their bye and right after we have to fly to and from San Fran--that's a huge advantage for them and I'd be shocked if we could overcome that.

We're playing Denver on the road following a monday night game against the ratbirds. A short week with a cross country travel to play in thin air.

Following that, we have to play the Jets on a Saturday.

That's a pretty tough stretch there and it's hard to see us not lose a few more this year.

I'd be thrilled if we were 11-2 by week 14 when we head to Denver. Denver will probably be at 9-4 or 8-5 so a loss here won't be that big a deal. We then go on to beat the Jets the next week and phone it in the week after in Miami for a 12-4 record.

13-3 should be just fine for the number one spot, which is good because it gives us a little wiggle room if they drop a couple games ( Although I really can't see that happening) Call me crazy but I feel like the toughest remaining game on our schedule is next week @ Buf. I just don't see Denver being an issue in Denver this season IF they continue to look so totally inept on offense. Seattle looks VERY beatable, and the game is at Gillette, so I am not concerned about that one really..We shall see how it shakes out. It's always nice to have them in control of their own destiny.

The funny thing is that even if the last 1-2 games are irrelevant this year, we'll still have a great shot to win them. We could be playing without Brady and without Gronk... Sound familiar?

12-4 and we'd be very likely to have it. I see Denver and Pittsburgh both finishing 11-5.

13-3 and we get it for certain, which is what I think we'll finish. Think we lose to Miami week 17 and lose one somewhere in the middle here.

Win more games than every other team in the AFC. Duuuuuuuuuuuuh....o_O

I said 12--4 because I interpreted the question as asking what record would be the least winning record that could get them the #1 seed.

But, to be a lock, I'd say 13--3, which I don't think is out of the question.

I'm assuming that they will not lose to Buffalo on Sunday under any conceivable circumstances. So, they would go into the Bye 7--1, which means they could get to 13--3 by going 6--2 in the second half of the season.

Denver, right now, today, does not look like a team that is going to beat them...but with that D, those could be famous last words.

They get Seattle at home after a Bye week...it will be a tough game, but I think they pull it out.

That leaves two road Division games, which you can never put in the W column until the clock reads 0:00. They get the Jets after a cross country trip to play SF...

If the Jets beat the Ravens at home with a one-two punch of Smith and Fitzpatrick...well...that means I have trouble seeing the Pats losing to them in Foxboro.

I don't see them losing to the Rams.

The 49'ers will be playing their SB at home in a nationally televised late afternoon game...

This year, I'm betting they show up for a late season game in Miami...

Somewhere in there they'll lose two games. If they go 5--3, things could be tight, but they already have two tie breakers over division leaders.

12-4 is probably good enough. It's hard to believe it but the Raiders look like an actual threat. If you take a close look at their roster, I'd argue it is not too far off in talent from ours besides the obvious stars we have.
I guess the question about the Raiders is how well they play on the road in a tough environment. If they win in Denver, we'll know they are for real.

One game at a time. The jests always play us tough. At miami's never easy. Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye