PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is wrong with Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be asking that question to Felger, Borges, Mort, and a host of other mediots, who now act as if they have missing 2 weeks from their memory bank.

1.) The bashing of the media on this site is ridiculous. This team earned its early season criticism.

2.) Calling out Felger on this issue is a mistake. His position has been that Brady has declined a little, but is still an excellent QB, and capable of winning another Super Bowl. He has not been on the "huge decline" bandwagon.

1.) The bashing of the media on this site is ridiculous. This team earned its early season criticism.

2.) Calling out Felger on this issue is a mistake. His position has been that Brady has declined a little, but is still an excellent QB, and capable of winning another Super Bowl. He has not been on the "huge decline" bandwagon.
Dues, thanks for taking one for "us" by reading through all that trash and keeping us up to date.

as to point #1, the media (boston-centric media that is) mostly deserves it. and notice how the term used is media and not reporters as reporters are suppose to give you unbiased information. I certainly don't mind the "devil advocates" role (that you just expressed), but these media members earn a living by putting down others for their own purpose, not to inform, educate or drive up interest on anything other than their careers/self-interest.

Dues, thanks for taking one for "us" by reading through all that trash and keeping us up to date.

as to point #1, the media (boston-centric media that is) mostly deserves it. and notice how the term used is media and not reporters as reporters are suppose to give you unbiased information. I certainly don't mind the "devil advocates" role (that you just expressed), but these media members earn a living by putting down others for their own purpose, not to inform, educate or drive up interest on anything other than their careers/self-interest.

The media doesn't deserve it. It's doing its job, just as it generally has. The Patsfans.com homer crew has been wrong a WHOLE lot more than has the media. And that's an impressive accomplishment when you consider that the homer crew is cheering for the Brady led Patriots.

So you object to bashing the profession bashers?:eek: Felger runs his mouth so often that it depends on which minute you hear him.
Yes this team did earn the early season criticism, but not the rumor, speculation, and out right lies the media was spreading. But defend them if it makes you feel better.

So you object to bashing the profession bashers?:eek: Felger runs his mouth so often that it depends on which minute you hear him.
Yes this team did earn the early season criticism, but not the rumor, speculation, and out right lies the media was spreading. But defend them if it makes you feel better.

I consider Felger to be the worst daytime host on either channel/station, but you are way off base with your post. He's been talking about a slight decline for Brady for some time.

As for the rest: the fact that you're posting "rumor, speculation and outright lies" should have been enough to tell yourself that your post was a poor one. Rumors and speculation are part of the job, and "outright lies" is something your accusing of without any evidence beyond getting a story wrong, which is not the same thing as lying.

Last edited:
The media doesn't deserve it. It's doing its job, just as it generally has. The Patsfans.com homer crew has been wrong a WHOLE lot more than has the media. And that's an impressive accomplishment when you consider that the homer crew is cheering for the Brady led Patriots.

Deus, I am a media hater in general. Sports media, News media, whatever media, I hate them all the same. I don't trust them, I don't believe any of their drivel. They all have an agenda IMHO. I get my sports news from this website. I go to the weather channel to get my weather report. Other than that, I avoid the media as much as possible. But that's just me. I can't speak for the rest of Patriot Nation. ;)

Deus, I am a media hater in general. Sports media, News media, whatever media, I hate them all the same. I don't trust them, I don't believe any of their drivel. They all have an agenda IMHO. I get my sports news from this website. I go to the weather channel to get my weather report. Other than that, I avoid the media as much as possible. But that's just me. I can't speak for the rest of Patriot Nation. ;)

This website gets the vast majority of its sports news from the media.

This website gets the vast majority of its sports news from the media.

I know. They do all the work so that I don't have to visit any media websites. :D
It doesn't mean that I believe what is posted. The ignore button is a wonderful invention. Thank you Ian.

What happened to you?

The media should state what is opinion vs fact. And how do you know what is the truth vs what is a lie? Do you honestly believed all "unnamed" resources are actually valid? Maybe i'm too jaded, I don't listen to felgar, mazz, et al as I don't live I the boston area. Obviously, I hear about 20 bad examples vs the occasionally good one from the "pool of media" that constantly has a negative patriots twist.

And as a person living in another area, I don't see the "harshness" from my local media for their team. Even though, that team hasn't always been great, has had expectations of doing well. So, I do notice a difference.

What happened to you?

Nothing, but thanks for your concern.

The media should state what is opinion vs fact.

The U.S. media has never been restricted to what you state.

And how do you know what is the truth vs what is a lie?

I didn't accuse the media of lying. Take up this particular question with Patsnutme.

Do you honestly believed all "unnamed" resources are actually valid?

Absolutely not

Maybe i'm too jaded, I don't listen to felgar, mazz, et al as I don't live I the boston area. Obviously, I hear about 20 bad examples vs the occasionally good one from the "pool of media" that constantly has a negative patriots twist.

Felger's a crap stirrer who'll say pretty much anything if he thinks it'll get him ratings and/or notice. IMO, he's the worst of the afternoon hosts on the two stations (98.5/WEEI), though, to be fair, I don't listen to WEEI from 10-2 very often, and it's possible that one or both of the two new guys are worse.

That being said, Bagging on Felger over the Brady thing is ignorant. He's been opining about Brady having some small amount of decline for a couple of years, but he's still got Brady as a quality QB who could win another SB. He's not one of those who started talking about a possible "steep decline".

And as a person living in another area, I don't see the "harshness" from my local media for their team. Even though, that team hasn't always been great, has had expectations of doing well. So, I do notice a difference.

The northeast is notorious for having a much harsher media approach than the rest of the country. That's not anything new, and it sure as hell is not something restricted to New England Patriots coverage.

Last edited:
I hate the Boston sports media, but not because of any criticism of the Pats' performances from weeks 1-4. Most of those criticisms were legitimate, for once. It's when they still find nits to pick after performances like the last two weeks' that I can't stand them, and maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I haven't seen much of that from them.

Brady-o-lantern.jpg

Brady-O-Lantern at Roger Williams Park zoo in Providence RI

Tom Brady is the GOAT and when he retires they better put a statue of him outside of the Razor. he played that game on a bad ankle. I hope everybody realizes how lucky we are to have been able to see him play.

Would love to see one in Boston somewhere actually.

You know, after hearing how dominant Orr, Russell, and Williams were all of our lives its nice that we got to have our own that we can tell a whole generation about. He is certainly on the Mt Rushmore of Boston sports as he is (or can be strongly considered) the GOAT at his position as the others clearly are #1 at theirs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

His QB rating after 6 weeks is 13th among 33 eligible quarterbacks. It's encouraging to see his completion percentage at 62.7%. With players like LaFell, Tyms and Wright emerging, these numbers will improve as the season progresses.

If the storm is as bad as they're predicting, he'll miss a chance to pile up stats against the Jets to rise up the chart.

Russell and Williams both had HUGE problems/issues with the Boston sports media. Orr did not, although it still sickens me that he agent kept the Bruins final offer to him (which included an ownerships stake) from him before he left.

This year is the first time that Brady has faced any issues with the media. So when compared to Russell and Williams, he has had it much easier.

So to sum up the Boston sports media, they had issues with a basketball superstar who won 13 World Championships, and a man who would have either broken or come close to the Home Run record if he hadn't on two different occasions suspended his major league career to go and fight for his country.

....and what exactly has Felger et al every really accomplished in their lives????

I'm sure like the three above, one day there will be a statue of Brady in Foxboro.

That is true. Russell was very gruff and never really known to be a nice guy but the fact that Williams left baseball to go to war makes his treatment by the media odd.

The Boston media hasn't changed.

I hate the Boston sports media, but not because of any criticism of the Pats' performances from weeks 1-4. Most of those criticisms were legitimate, for once. It's when they still find nits to pick after performances like the last two weeks' that I can't stand them, and maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I haven't seen much of that from them.
One of my major irritations with the local media is this: before virtually every game, the next opponent is dangerous and to be feared. Once beaten, those same teams now suck, were always "tomato cans" (Shank the Dope's favorite) and will be crappy - until, of course, they're again upcoming on the schedule. Even the fairest and best of the lot do it to some degree.

#BEL12VE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back