PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the deal with Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
surprisingly there has been no word on him other than he is still on pup and hasnt practiced. woth the season starting in two weeks there has been no indication of where he is at in his recovery or when he may return

he hurt his knee in November. is that injury still bothering him to the point he cant even practice?

he would be a big help to have for jimmy if he can get healthy

surprisingly there has been no word on him other than he is still on pup and hasnt practiced. woth the season starting in two weeks there has been no indication of where he is at in his recovery or when he may return

he hurt his knee in November. is that injury still bothering him to the point he cant even practice?

he would be a big help to have for jimmy if he can get healthy
He had offseason surgery on his knee and ankle.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I think he doesn't play this season, he didn't even start to jog and the season starts next week.

The problem with the Danny-mobile is...

tumblr_n0lg4xBBjb1s391qwo1_250.gif

...the wheels keep falling off. o_O

I was thinking about that yesterday. I think he doesn't play this season, he didn't even start to jog and the season starts next week.
I think they would have released him if he wasn't going to play this season.

DA has been partially dressing (no pads) and working out on the lower field with guys working their way back (unlike Dion, Vollmer who are MIA), making it likely that he is progressing. It is odd to think that he won't play this year. However, since he missed TC, and we have a loaded roster, I would not be surprised to see him start the season on PUP to put healthier bodies on the 53. Hogan, Edelman, Martin, Mitchell, and perhaps Dobson/Carter at WR and C. Jones at PR.

Last edited:
I think they would have released him if he wasn't going to play this season.

He signed a new contract and BB appreciates his work ethics. So if he can't play this season there is next season, and the next one. I hope he plays from mid season on but I'm not optimistic.

Never thought I would ever say this but Aaron Dobson was Clutch Friday night made two nice plays...Danny who???

With Hogan/Edelman Amendola is now redundant. That is not to say he is not useful but ideally he is not the one on the field if we want to be the most efficient we can be (attacking all parts of the field). So while it be nice to have him back there is no rush and the PUP is a good option.

Personally I have a suspicion of this was the regular season or a playoff game he would be able to go but for now the fact that is no rush means they can wait for him to be 100% and have a few weeks rest on top of it. Also allows them to carry someone else.

Idiot candidate here. Dobson has been doing some decent blocking and that might be a discriminator needed in the early season.

Dobson has been Dobson. Hopefully he will bring it to the RS this time. And PUP DA gives you the chance to give him a shot and rest DA 100% - granted he wont be able to practice for 8 more weeks.

The issue is the "Danny who" comment. Guy has been a warrior, an elite ST player, one of the most clutch players we have had in a while and has taken 2 paycuts to remain here and plays injured.

WR is good for the first few weeks. If DA goes on the PUP and when the inevitable WR injury occurs, it will be nice to have him coming off the bench fresh after week 6.

Having Amendola start the season on PUP is really good in case of injuries from the Wide Receiver position.

Lewis and Amendola are going to be healthy shots of energy at the midway point to the offense.
I totally agree. I see no reason to rush Amendola back for the start of the regular season; he has no practice time with Garoppolo, and if we leave him on PUP, he only misses two games that Brady plays. Amendola is going to be 31 years old in November if we can cut his 19 game schedule down to 13 games I think it will only benefit us when it matters most. Everyone remembers the impact a healthy Amendola had down the stretch and in the postseason back in 2014.

Having Amendola start the season on PUP is really good in case of injuries from the Wide Receiver position.

By Thanksgiving it'll be (hopefully..)

JE
DA
Hogan
Mitchell
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call