PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola is ready to go for Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Patriots’ depth chart at wide receiver is a bit slim, but the good news is it sounds like Danny Amendola is healthy to start the 2016 season.

Amendola battled a knee injury throughout training camp and looked destined to start the year on the PUP. But he made the 53-man roster on Saturday and made his return to practice the following day, making many wonder if he could be on the field when the Patriots open the season Sunday night in Arizona.

Danny Amendola 'Ready To Roll' For Patriots

yay!

Well glad to hear it. However i 100% expect this game to be carried by the TEs and RBs on offense when it comes to catching the passes.

Good news, Garrapolo needs all the help he can get and having both the two TE offense as well as Edelman and Amendola gives him great choices.

Great news!! 10-15 snaps to ease back into it. Going to see a lot of 2 TE sets in this game anyways.

Good news yes, but I sense the possibility of turn overs given a roster with so many guys who for all intents and purposes missed the whole pre-season--and all on the offensive side of the ball. Luckily they are all experienced.

I guess this safely puts him in the “trade him“ camp ...

DA seems to have a knack of stepping up and making plays when we are struggling. Him, JE11, Gronk and Bennett have the potential to be a nightmare.

I hope so, without having lasting injuries, he is an important part of our passing strategy with a in process QB.

Good news yes, but I sense the possibility of turn overs given a roster with so many guys who for all intents and purposes missed the whole pre-season--and all on the offensive side of the ball. Luckily they are all experienced.

I drive a sports car, that despite being 10 years old, is still a high performance machine. It has to be finely tuned. The engine timing has to be perfect, and the wheel alignment perfect. When everything is tuned and aligned, it is a beautiful thing to drive.

My wife drives a 10 year old Ford Expedition that we call it "The Barge". Its acceleration is slow as molasses. The engine timing never seems right. The wheel alignment, well, just make sure they point forward. If it lost a spark plug, we probably would hardly notice. So: it is the opposite of a high performance machine, but it always "barges" on ahead regardless of its timing and alignment.

Maybe DA missing the pre-season will be OK. If his timing and alignment (route running) are off, well, BB will be driving The Barge anyway in the first four weeks, perhaps split second perfection isn't required.

....Then, in Week 5, it will be time for him to take the cover off of the Ferrari, and by then hopefully DA's timing and alignment will be perfect. :D

I really thought he would start the year on PUP...i like it

And...here come the patsfans.com medical skeptics...3,2,1..

I'm not skeptical on this one. I fully believe they held him out to decrease the odds of injury before the start of the regular season. May be a smart move, especially if he was nursing something. But he'll be rusty. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop one or two at the beginning of the game.

I wish Danny was sent to PUP list for half the year he's been injured every years he's been here. Just like Dion Lewis I would rather have Amendola later rather than sooner. I really hope Devin Lucien knows the Playbook inside out wouldn't surprise me if he ends up playing sooner Dola is "Fragile".

Any news on Malcom Mitchell?? I hope we ain't going into the game with only Three WR's active. And Matthew Slater deosn't count as a WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back