PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: "The Competition At WR Is As Good As It's Been Since I've Got Here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin, Washington, Lucien, Dobson, Carter, and Harper all battling for 1 spot..
Come on, we all know BB will cut anybody (except maybe #12). Ask Milloy. Or Seymour. Or Easley. If Jules or 'Dola start believing they've got a roster spot locked up before they come off PUP they're likely to be gone. Better a year early than a year late. Yeah it's most likely we know the top four WRs, but things can change quickly. Hogan may be starting the season on IR. Jules or 'Dola might have a setback in their rehab. Somebody else might get injured. There are five roster slots up for grabs, probably half of them are still in play.

Just a side note, but has anyone else noticed the lack of posts from perpetually crucial posters who point out where BB screwed up?

Maybe TC is going too well at the moment.
I thought of that just yesterday in the Day 4 thread. It's great. But I'm sure they'll come in droves the first time Cy. Jones gives up a first down or muffs a punt...the first time a guy gets past Thuney...the first time Mitchell catches a pass but fails to get the first down. Lol. One poster already called Valentine a bust, and I think it was even before mandatory OTA's. Lol
It's early yet. They'll come. We haven't heard the last of 'em.

I thought of that just yesterday in the Day 4 thread. It's great. But I'm sure they'll come in droves the first time Cy. Jones gives up a first down or muffs a punt...the first time a guy gets past Thuney...the first time Mitchell catches a pass but fails to get the first down. Lol. One poster already called Valentine a bust, and I think it was even before mandatory OTA's. Lol
It's early yet. They'll come. We haven't heard the last of 'em.
They're getting ready for the QB controversy when JimmyG lights it up for the first couple of games. Or for the lynch mob going after BB if JG falls flat. Either way they've got a distraction, but only for the moment.

I'm listening to 98.5 and they're saying how Brady has been spending a lot of extra time with Dobson and hire encouraging he's been. That's encouraging. Maybe if the GOAT shows some confidence in him consistently, then Dobson will find the confidence he's seemingly lost in himself.
I don't think BB is big on players' feelings. As a matter of fact, I'd bet he's the type that if you're insecure, he beats on you more

Old fashioned kind of guy/coach

That's why I love him!

Unfortunately for them it also comes in a year where there will be TWO TE's to feed, plus the necessity to carry 3 QB's and Matthew Slater, so there are, at best, only 5 jobs open, and 3 are locks (4 if you count the rookie). And that might even shrink again when Brady comes back. Don't forget that both Gronk and Bennett have the ability to go wide, which further shrinks the need for WR's.

could we carry 7 wr this year? We can certainly keep someone an extra 4 games since Brady won't count vs 53.

Come on, we all know BB will cut anybody (except maybe #12). Ask Milloy. Or Seymour. Or Easley. If Jules or 'Dola start believing they've got a roster spot locked up before they come off PUP they're likely to be gone.

In general, yes, but I think it is a little different when you have history and chemistry with the QB.

With the paycut he took this offseason, plus his experience in Brady's offense and his special teams value, Amendola is a lock.
hope you are right, but with Bill everything is possible.

I don't think BB is big on players' feelings. As a matter of fact, I'd bet he's the type that if you're insecure, he beats on you more

Old fashioned kind of guy/coach

That's why I love him!
I'm not quite sure if this was just a thought or somehow a direct response to my post since I don't see a correlation, but I do agree that BB is a results guy. I don't think I agree with your sentiment that he "beats you down more" though. There's a difference between being tough and being an ***hole which, to me, describes what beating up on someone means. I don't think so many guys would speak so fondly of him if he made it his mission to simply beat up on guys. You might be confusing him with Parcells, who I think might have been much more prone to that sort of thing. BB pushes buttons in a somewhat different way.

I'm not quite sure if this was just a thought or somehow a direct response to my post since I don't see a correlation, but I do agree that BB is a results guy. I don't think I agree with your sentiment that he "beats you down more" though. There's a difference between being tough and being an ***hole which, to me, describes what beating up on someone means. I don't think so many guys would speak so fondly of him if he made it his mission to simply beat up on guys. You might be confusing him with Parcells, who I think might have been much more prone to that sort of thing. BB pushes buttons in a somewhat different way.
I meant if a guy acts wimpy and insecure, he will beat on them. But I hope Dobsn isn't like that. Those kinds of people don't play in the NFL unless they're kickers

I meant if a guy acts wimpy and insecure, he will beat on them. But I hope Dobsn isn't like that. Those kinds of people don't play in the NFL unless they're kickers
Woah, I'm a bit disappointed about your kickers comment considering our last kicker was tough as balls and probably the most clutch ever and our current kicker ain't a slouch either. Take that back. Lol

With the paycut he took this offseason, plus his experience in Brady's offense and his special teams value, Amendola is a lock.

I have long favored the term near-lock, for obvious reasons of BB-being-BB.

I think one or the other reporter uses it now too.

Why is Hogan a lock..Seems we have 3 guys all playing the same role in Julian, Dola and Hogan. Having some speed with a deep threat might be nice. Harper also plays a similar role. If Dobson can keep healthy and get sure hands he may be worth keeping on with Mitchell

Why is Hogan a lock..Seems we have 3 guys all playing the same role in Julian, Dola and Hogan. Having some speed with a deep threat might be nice. Harper also plays a similar role. If Dobson can keep healthy and get sure hands he may be worth keeping on with Mitchell
the patriots already paid him $5m and are on the hook for another $2.5m guaranteed in 2017. if they cut him, that $2.5m gets accelerated into this year's cap. they're not going to cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents