PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is NO WAY _____ Makes This Team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Brown.

He's a candidate, sure. Another one could be Nate Washington. He's a seasoned vet with a good work ethic who was still producing last year on some level. He's my pick.

Agreed 100%. Washington's a deep threat who's been consistently productive his entire career, and last year was no exception. He provides something that no one but Dobson does, and for that reason I think there's a roster spot reserved for one of those two even though few early 53 projections factor this in (perhaps forgetting that Washington is actually pretty good).

My money is on James White, especially if they sign another back this off-season.

concensus seems to be leaning to Dobson or Kline, but there is simply no way Alfred E. Newman slips by again

concensus seems to be leaning to Dobson or Kline, but there is simply no way Alfred E. Newman slips by again

I'm a bit hesitant to include Josh Kline as a cut this season, at least right now. He has played at the "good" level in the past at times, had a great first 8-10 games where he was extended by Belichick and the team (prior to injury), and has both experience and versatility in our system. Taking it one step further, and understanding that he was one of the OL who looked poor in the AFCCG loss @ Denver (I believe that he gave up 1 sack and a couple of pressures/hits, according to Howe's analysis), he's also started in other postseason games where he's played well.

I was making the exact same argument for him at this time last summer, when about 90 percent somehow assumed that he wasn't even in the mix to start, and that he was so low on the totem pole that 2 rookies would come in and automatically take over the interior spots. As we saw, that didn't happen, and Kline made the most of his opportunity until late season injury.

The real questions are 1) whether or not guys like Jackson, Thuney, and Cooper are good enough to unseat him, 2) how he looks coming back from injury, 3) how much Belichick and Scar weigh his responsibility for some of the struggles on the OL, and 4) if he's worth keeping around as a vet who can come off the bench in an injury situation if he's beaten out.

My money is on James White, especially if they sign another back this off-season.

I may be in the minority, but I thought that White looked completely lost at times last season, lining up in the wrong spots at times, missing blocking assignments, and ultimately losing Brady's trust.

He had a couple of padded stat sheet games where he looked good in come from behind opportunities, and even had another decent game when playing ahead, but I don't believe that he has the trust that they're looking for, at least just yet. It's certainly possible that he improves upon some of those weaknesses, studies his film, and takes a step forward, but I agree with you that I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else beat him out. He's definitely one of the more intriguing roster spots to keep an eye on this summer.

That dude in the parking lot with the sign.

If that guy is still standing there come the end of July when TC begins, he may have won himself an opportunity to run a few routes one day in camp. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick uses him as motivation if some of the wideouts have a bad day.

No matter what happens to him, I admire his perseverance and tenacity, and although I understand the fact that you don't want to set a precedent for any idiot to camp out in front of the stadium, I believe that he's earned a shot at running some wind sprints and/or a few routes if it goes that far.

Any rookie with a hang nail.

In the spirit of the old Patten thread, let me just be the first to say:

THERE IS NO WAY BRANDON BOLDEN MAKES THIS TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey