PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think this kid has a HUGE uphill battle. Best case scenario IMO, is the practice squad. I think Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Martin & Washington would be the front runners. I think it would be tough for him to beat out Dobson (if Dobson is healthy and productive). So Dobson is really fighting Martin & Washington for the 6th slot. I even think Harper is ahead of Carter (whom the Pats cut once before)

So I'd think Carter is fighting Lucien for the 8th slot. So many things would have to fall in place for Carter to even get a sniff at the 53 man roster. A GREAT camp, Edelman and Amendola starting the season on the PUP list, bad camps and/or injuries to his competition. All that would have to happen.

His chances really declined after the signings of Hogan and Washington and the drafting of Mitchell & Lucien. I like the kid's measurables, pretty damned explosive, but I think he has no shot to make this team. All 7 guys ahead of him are just better players/prospects.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Martin, I really like what he brings to the table. Reminds me of a bigger Deion Branch. Let's see what he does with a year in the Pat's offense.

IF Dobson is healthy and productive ....never has been never will. The only way this guy is "healthy and productive" is stocking shelves at CVS....and even then there's a good chance he'd get a rotator cuff tear stacking the canned peas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST