PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What If We Lose? What Would you Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
id be pretty devastated at first. 18 straight wins all for nothing.
but it wont last too long. #1 - the sb winner still wasnt the colts or steelers, 2 teams i cannot stand to win. #2 - i know we'll be right back here next year and with brady/belicek not goin anywhere soon for many years to come. there will be more titles

If we lost, I would be on this site in a second. After getting beat by the Colts last year, it really helped knowing that everyone else felt the same way I did. Everybody over here in Seahawk country is used to losing. GO PATS!!!

Last edited:
I'd do same thing as last year after Colts loss. I'd steal some old ladies purse, go to the dog fights and smash some mailboxes.

It would depend on the game itself. If it was a fair and well played game, I'd be bummed certainly, but I can't be disappointed in the fantastic season we have had the privilege to be a part of.

For those of us that remember the painful years - I can say this has been something I will never forget. The Superbowl is supposed to be a game that displays the best of the best. If the Giants somehow make less mistakes, make more plays when it matters, and perform better in this game, then the best team will indeed win and I will still be happy to be a Pats fan.

Go Pats!!!!

Hopefully, I will still feel that way if and when it happens. I curled up in a fetal position for weeks after the loss to the colts last year and had to rely on our old pal Fitzy to make me feel better. :p

How disappointed, dejected, and outright depressed would you be if we lost? I'm not saying I am panicking, because really I'm not, but there's so much positive energy around here lately it's like some people overlook our weaknesses.

The same friggin thing I do every day ... go to work.

I'd beg the mods to ban MRBLAZE.

and then punch myself in the testicles.

I'd beg the mods to ban MRBLAZE.

and then punch myself in the testicles.

Come on. Mr Blaze is cool. He just puffed a little too much and got paranoid for a while. When he comes down he will realize we can't lose. It's our destiny. We have too much heart and brains on this team.

I put myself down for the day after off from work. Hopefully to celebrate. I'm not even going to consider losing even though it is a possibility.

Come on. Mr Blaze is cool. He just puffed a little too much and got paranoid for a while. When he comes down he will realize we can't lose. It's our destiny. We have too much heart and brains on this team.

I know, I jest.

I'm not one of the ballwashing fanboys who think that nothing bad/negative can ever be said about a team, I think that part of being a fan is realizing that there is always room for improvement (Belichick would agree).

I just get shivers when these hypotheticals come out. A couple of weeks ago before the JAX game someone started a thread called "Official Pats/Colts Discussion" and I gagged.

Personally, I just dont like threads like this, but difference of opinion is what fuels discussion on this board.

How disappointed, dejected, and outright depressed would you be if we lost? I'm not saying I am panicking, because really I'm not, but there's so much positive energy around here lately it's like some people overlook our weaknesses.
Seriously, does your brain hurt?

Hourly flush my system with alcohol for 7 days...

I'd congratulate the Giants, and move on to something that's actually important in my personal life.

Folks, the financial system of the world is teetering on the brink of collapse, our topsoil is eroding, our water is disappearing, we're on course for spending all our money on foreign wars and welfare states for 100 years, we're swagering around the world polluting it with DU, the comptroller of the GAO says (on Glenn Beck) that we're 53 trillion dollars in debt, the dollar is crashing, Merrill Lynch lost 10 billiion in a quarter, and I'm supposed to worry about the Patriots losing a game?

I'll worry during the game. After that game I really won't be able to say that it rose to the level of importance like what is facing us all right now.

Uh-oh, another Pats fan strays off the reservation. Better grab him and stuff him in the cellar till the game's over.

Now you're getting the idea!! My, you're a quick learner!;)

I'd congratulate the Giants, and move on to something that's actually important in my personal life.

Folks, the financial system of the world is teetering on the brink of collapse, our topsoil is eroding, our water is disappearing, we're on course for spending all our money on foreign wars and welfare states for 100 years, we're swagering around the world polluting it with DU, the comptroller of the GAO says (on Glenn Beck) that we're 53 trillion dollars in debt, the dollar is crashing, Merrill Lynch lost 10 billiion in a quarter, and I'm supposed to worry about the Patriots losing a game?

I'll worry during the game. After that game I really won't be able to say that it rose to the level of importance like what is facing us all right now.

All your comments remind how grateful I am to live my life "One day at a time". there's an old saying that goes, "If you have one leg on yesterday and the other on tomorrow, you'll piss all over today"...sorta corny, but you get the idea.

Worry never changes anything, but it's human nature. Thanks for "almost" bringing me down!;)

sucks13rz9.jpg

I havent considered the possibility of us losing for at least 3 months.
I cant answer your question, because it is an impossibility in my mind.

Doesn't the mentality of our team rub off on you at all? Doesn't "One game at a time" mean anything to you? Seriously, that was the most ignorant, downright stupid comment I've seen on this board in a long time.

I would wake up in a cold sweat, and then realize that the Super Bowl is still 2 weeks away. :)

If they lose I'm hunting you down for starting this bad karma crap thread.

Line me up too! What were u thinking?!??! Seriously, u don't think we know about our team's "weaknesses"? Every team has them it is just that the PATS are the best at not letting it be in the forefront to cost them a game!

So, positive thinking like Coach B would do is the only way to go = we can not lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would cash my million dollar pay check; fool around with my super model girlfriend, go on vacation to some place in Europe, make some more bling endorsing products I don't use; go golfing and then laugh at all the Pat fans who took the game so seriously.

O wait...that's what Tom would do.

I for one never overlook the chances of a loss. No team is unbeatable. If we lose, it'll hurt. However, after a day or two I realize that it's a just a game and that the sun still comes up each morning. Then I'll start thinking more about the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back