PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What If We Lose? What Would you Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be so crushed that I won't be able to watch the Pro Bowl. Of course, if they win, I'll be so giddy that I won't be able to find time to watch the Pro Bowl.

living in san diego will make us losing the superbowl tough because they are dying for us to lose. they would rather see eli, who told them and their team to ef off, win the superbowl than the pats. they are extremely bitter and jealous towards the pats. it would make work tough. all that said, i want them to win so they are considered the best team ever and not to spare me. i'll get over it. i'm not sure some of the players will.

If they loose I will be thankful for the greatest season by the greatest team of all time.. will not be happy.. but will be watching for the Draft news, then the mini camp news and then plan my pilgimages to the holy grotto for Training Camp.

Be as crushing a blow as any sports fan could experience. But as I said a few weeks ago, win or lose I'll always admire and respect this teams desire and heart to GO FOR IT. They're not afraid to challenge history. Many many teams and coaches would not want the pressure of trying for an undefeated season. Many would quietly be very happy to lose a game or two along the way to avoid the intense scrutiny and media spotlight of an undefeated record.
Not this team!!
Regardless of the SB the Patriots are winners in every sense of the word. They're not afraid to try. Not afraid to go for history.
That makes them champions already!

If they lose....

Go
boston-celtics.jpg

Then....Go

sox.jpg

Then Go

061118_pat_patriots.jpg

ahhhhh what the hell go Bruins.

You take some time off thinking about football - but by the time the next preseason comes around you start thinking about football again. It would make next year kinda miserable though because no matter how many games they won (up until the superbowl) the wouldn't really "count" in the eyes of the Media.

It would depend on the game itself. If it was a fair and well played game, I'd be bummed certainly, but I can't be disappointed in the fantastic season we have had the privilege to be a part of.

For those of us that remember the painful years - I can say this has been something I will never forget. The Superbowl is supposed to be a game that displays the best of the best. If the Giants somehow make less mistakes, make more plays when it matters, and perform better in this game, then the best team will indeed win and I will still be happy to be a Pats fan.

Go Pats!!!!

Hopefully, I will still feel that way if and when it happens. I curled up in a fetal position for weeks after the loss to the colts last year and had to rely on our old pal Fitzy to make me feel better. :p

Well said NEP-tune. I echo your sentiments. Only on the opposite side of the field. I won't be in the fetal position though. Knowing the G-Men have a lot of young players stepping in and stepping up for the injured. Displaying some real talent early in their careers. Going to be even better next year.

That is how the Pats will have to be beat. A near to perfect game. Score often and score alot. Keep the offense off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes