PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I Expect From Day Two: not much

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I expect three players who might contribute in 2007. Since 2001, bb has gotten use about that each year, about one of which becomes a real competitor: Brady, Pass, Givens, Koppen, plus one I missed.

The point I'm trying to make is that even the draft genious doesn't do really well on Day Two. Or perhaps, it is great to get three players with real potential, out of which one works out.

I expect bb to address the front seven, and perhaps pick up a backup OL.

But this draft is deep. Looking at my list, it seems that we could get three solid players at 106, 118 and 136.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
I expect three players who might contribute in 2007. Since 2001, bb has gotten use about that each year, about one of which becomes a real competitor: Brady, Pass, Givens, Koppen, plus one I missed.

The point I'm trying to make is that even the draft genious doesn't do really well on Day Two. Or perhaps, it is great to get three players with real potential, out of which one works out.
Darnel Bing with 4a? That would be crazy value.

Yes there is still value as #98 is picked tomorrow.

At 106, we are guaranteed one off my list, or one of the safeties: Bing, Slay or Simpson.

My fav's
Demetrius Williams WR
Watson NT
Jean-Gilles OG/OT
Harris DE
O'Callighan OG/OT
Anderson DE
Hass WR
Dobbins LB (forgot the first time)

Last edited:
I vote for anyone names Slay.

mgteich said:

At 106, we are guaranteed one off my list, or one of the safeties: Bing, Slay or Simpson.

My fav's
Demetrius Williams WR
Watson NT
Jean-Gilles OG/OT
Harris DE
O'Callighan OG/OT
Anderson DE
Hass WR
I'd like to see Hass, that's for sure. And there are three backup NTs waiting: Babatunde Oshimowo. Montancvious Stanly, and Cofield. It wouldn't bother me if they traded out for some picks next year, and in fact BB said in his press conference at 10:30 that the early fourth round pick is very desirable around the league.

The early fourth is indeed very desirable, and tough. Everyone has spent all night reviewing their lists, and checking them twice, and coming up with revised Day Two value groupings. The first few picks of the fourth tend to be pretty good players. I'd be fine giving up the fifth to move up the second fourth to near the top of the 4th and guarantee us two solid picks.

spacecrime said:
I'd like to see Hass, that's for sure. And there are three backup NTs waiting: Babatunde Oshimowo. Montancvious Stanly, and Cofield. It wouldn't bother me if they traded out for some picks next year, and in fact BB said in his press conference at 10:30 that the early fourth round pick is very desirable around the league.

We have more picks than usual so we should get more than three eventual starters

mgteich said:

My fav's
Demetrius Williams WR
Watson NT
Jean-Gilles OG/OT
Harris DE
O'Callighan OG/OT
Anderson DE
Hass WR
Dobbins LB (forgot the first time)

Jean-Giles was supposedly the best guard in the draft but not very mobile for us, IIRC. How was O'Callighan?

One of them, Watson or Oshinowo, and Anderson or Dobbins.

Too bad about Schlegel.

jczxohn1 said:
Jean-Giles was supposedly the best guard in the draft but not very mobile for us, IIRC. How was O'Callighan?

Too bad about Schlegel.
Wasnt O'Callihan like 6'8'' with horrible knee and back problems? Very strong but too tall i heard many times, but i might have the wrong guy.

We will trade our tradeable picks for a previously drafted player...with the two comp a safety and a lb/de

SeanBruschi54 said:
Wasnt O'Callihan like 6'8'' with horrible knee and back problems? Very strong but too tall i heard many times, but i might have the wrong guy.
You are thinking of Ed "too tall" Jones

jczxohn1 said:

Too bad about Schlegel.

I too would have liked to have seen Schlegel. But Dobbins also sounds like a promising run stopper, and I'd love to see him on the board.

I'm very surprised about Jean-Gilles not having been taken yet. Some boards I saw had him as a first-rounder! Thought the Colts might grab him, but they went with a rather smallish LB. And the Panthers fell in love with the reportedly undersized Butler.

What do people think about Bing? Can he pick up our defense? Scouting reports said he was a bit slow on the uptake.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Our radio announcers, Santos and Cappelletti will NEVER allow them to draft players named Babatande or Montancviious. :D

Heh...you know, I must admit to having a certain foolish misgiving myself about certain players *strictly* as a result of their name. Call it the Ronnie Lott test. I think, "Can I imagine this guy's name being on the wall at the Hall? Is his name tough, smooth, and cool? Does he sound like a football player?" Certain names just seem way too complicated, bizarre, or hilarious.

Good thing I'm not a GM.

That being said, I like West African names like Babatunde. Nigerian names are very cool, and very football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft