PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do YOU realistically see for the New England Patriots...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you think?

• Make the playoffs and lose for a couple of years

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Consistently make runs in the playoffs, no Super Bowls

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Consistently make playoffs, but win one Super Bowl

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • Consistently make playoffs, win two Super Bowls

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Consistently make playoffs, win more than two SBs

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about this decision. If the Patriots re-sign Graham, then David Thomas rots on the bench for the remainder of his rookie contract.

Not so.
How many games per year do Graham and Watson miss due to injury?
How important did "depth at position" look during that Colts playoff game? (i.e. at ILB and Safety).

We need all three of those TE's. Even with Graham signed, none of them will break the Pats' cap.

A lot depends on our draft this year. If we hit on some stars I think we have the ammo to win 2 Superbowls in the next 4 years. We also need be aggressive with resigning our free agents (Asante!!) and getting some new blood in here via the free agent market (Vet LB/Vet Receiver). So there are too many factors to make a clear prediction. But if everything goes RIGHT then 2 Superbowls is not out of the realms of possibility considering that we just came off beating San Diego @ San Diego and we were within 3:30 minutes of beating the Colts but did not wrap it up.

BelichickFan hit it on the head, can't let some of the FA's geat away, and if #22 wants out, then better "tag" him and start the trade talks.
I agree with that too. My optimism assumes the cap space will be used wisely to retain and/or replenish our talent. Samuel is a big part of that. BTW I don't have a problem with using the franchise tag on him. He has only had one year of #1 CB performance. If we tag him he will need to continue to produce because he will still be playing for a contract. IF he can do so two years in a row then by God give him a big contract!

Who really knows? But we are definitley going to be Superbowl contenders for years to come. We have so much cap space, young talented players and two first round draft picks. Sign Samuel and you have one of the best young CB's in the NFL. Honestly I think we have a brighter future than any of the teams in the AFC. I have no doubt about that.

As we come to the last 3rd of Brady's career, I'd like to see the Patriots start putting all their eggs in one basket (i.e. start paying up for their own FAs, Wilfork, Warren, Samuel, etc.).

Brady is so key to the Patriots. 6 years from now when he's gone, we'll be in rebuildng mode, I don't care how they've managed the talent. It's hard to get a solid QB in there.

Not so.
Yeah, with Thomas playing if either Watson or Graham is hurt, there's likely to be plenty of playing time for him.

Not so.
How important did "depth at position" look during that Colts playoff game? (i.e. at ILB and Safety).

We need all three of those TE's. Even with Graham signed, none of them will break the Pats' cap.
How much will the Patriots offer Graham during the off-season? Considering the lack of depth at the linebacker position, would you rather sign Adalius Thomas or Daniel Graham?

Not so.

So where does Garrett Mills fit into the picture?

i voted option # 4 - and i think that will be the right one

So where does Garrett Mills fit into the picture?
Unfortunenatly I, personally; don't see Mills fit in our offensive system. Honestly, is he a FB or a TE, seems a little on the small side for either, who knows, he realy hasn't been involved in too many plays to get any feel on him, and being on IR your first year doesn't really help your chances a whole lot...

Honestly, I thought we could have traded Hill for a decent ILB to help out, what good has he been??? (sorry to get off topic, but thinking about players on this team and where they fit just hit me about him) but for the life of me I just don't know why the FO has kept him this long???

PD

Honestly, I thought we could have traded Hill for a decent ILB to help out, what good has he been??? (sorry to get off topic, but thinking about players on this team and where they fit just hit me about him) but for the life of me I just don't know why the FO has kept him this long???
I serious doubt you could get a bag of potato chips for Marquise Hill these days. Or the New England Patriots could trade our bust for another team's bust as was the case with Bethel Johnson last year.

As for realistically envisioning where the New England Patriots will be for the next five years, this year's free agent signings (especially with the additional cap space) and draft will be a major factor on the future of the franchise.

I serious doubt you could get a bag of potato chips for Marquise Hill these days. Or the New England Patriots could trade our bust for another team's bust as was the case with Bethel Johnson last year.

As for realistically envisioning where the New England Patriots will be for the next five years, this year's free agent signings (especially with the additional cap space) and draft will be a major factor on the future of the franchise.

I whole heartedly agree, It still hits me as NO CLUE why he is on the roster...anyway I agree, I selected more than 2, ok we all know how close we came this year, 4 more yards, yada yada...

Ok, so Brady is here until 2010, and BB till 2008, possible to go back-to-back in '08 and '09, maybe a SB this year, but we are on the road to the west coast this year, that will put a heavy strain on any east coast team.

If Asante is here with Graham, Teddy stays on one more year ( Imagine, super bowl 42 in Arizona and Teddy wins it near his alma mader) and we develop a good draft at ILB and 1 corner we got plenty of Cash and a lot of Good FA out there to pick from. BB will probably sign on until 2010 so he can go out with Brady...THE #1 QB of all time......

Just my opinion.

PD

How much will the Patriots offer Graham during the off-season? Considering the lack of depth at the linebacker position, would you rather sign Adalius Thomas or Daniel Graham?

I'd rather sign Graham and London Fletcher - rather than overpaying for a guy who plays in a Linebacker friendly system. I'm not saying he isn't good, but apples to apples give me Fletcher, he just seems to have the personality of a Patriot too.

We absolutely can but I do think we have to be a little more aggresive in getting our guys signed. I don't mean going nuts but I expect :

- Graham to be re-signed.
- Samuel to be re-signed or F&Ted for at least a #2 pick.
- London Fletcher (or equivalent) signed.

That is totally reasonable and along with our two #1s will set us up nicely. Definitely would put us in a solid position for another SB. If we let Graham and Samuel walk for comp picks - shame on Belichick/Pioli/Kraft.

I agree, it's time to make another run and make some solid investments in players.

I am going to play the devil's advocate here. We here in NE have been extremely spoiled by our team having won THREE SUPERBOWLS.....in 6 years....That is technically UNHEARD of in this league.

Look how many YEARS it takes MOST NFL teams to get back to the SB (Never mind WIN it).......Look at Indy (Was it 70 something?).......The Jets last win was in 69 wasn't it? The doofins.....72?........You can go on and on....and some have NEVER won......

So I think that we are being a bit arrogant...and unrealistic to think that we will win 2 more SB's in Brady's career. Besides having incredible talent on a team....you must have some LUCK (IE....Indy's relatively soft schedule...set them up for a home field advantage...WHICH is HUGE)....NO injuries........Good coaching decisions at pivotal times.......etc etc.....

I voted for one SB....since there was NO amount of "years" listed in the poll.......and figure it to happen within the next ten years........I am not sure that this team will win another one...in Brady's career here (which is hard for me to even think about...however he will always have those 3 rings)....Hope I am wrong......One man's opinion.......

I think under the BB / TB era, we will win ONE more Super Bowl (and I thought it would be this year 2006). I say we probably win one more within the next 3 or 4 years, and that will be the end of the run. I think BB retires after he wins his 4th. That would cement him in with the best of all time. Of course, there is no way to know how we will fare with the next coach and QB to replace TB. But, under the BB / TB era, look for consistently making post season, winning the AFC-East more often than not, one more SB, then we close the books on this era.

EZ76

pats win at least one more

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes