PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What difference does it make if it's '07,'11 or '14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in another thread, BB didn't want to show GB all the cards we have. We can afford to lose this game. If we meet GB again in SB, GB has little chance to win.

No offense, but this is a silly theory. BB isn't holding back against an NFC opponent because they might meet in the super bowl. That win would have put a stranglehold on home field advantage.

Well, it seems the chicken littles are staying away. It wasn't a totally ugly loss and it was against a team that is probably the best in the NFL right now, and in their house. There are no moral victories in the NFL, but it's not like the 2010 loss to the Browns or somesuch. It more reminds me of the 2004 loss at Pittsburgh.

That Pittsburgh game was a bloodbath. The GB game reminded me far more of the regular season loss to the Greatest Show on Turf in 2001. In both, we never really stopped their offense, but we contained them and showed we could hang.

That TD before the half killed us, i didn't like our coverage, i'm thinking the worst that could happen is a field goal we may have been too aggressive with man to man on that play and got burn badly. In the 4th even if gronk made that TD catch is still think Rodgers march right down the field and score with ease. If we play the packs again the best game plan is keep away,with a lot of running game, i like the way Blount punished their D.
That was the worst Defense they could have thrown out there with not much time on the clock. I wanted to strangle Patricia.

The GB game reminded me far more of the regular season loss to the Greatest Show on Turf in 2001. I
Thats exactly how I felt after yesterdays loss. Just like we they lost to the Rams in 01. I believe that was their last loss of the year. An d the Rams said they were the roughest team they played all year.
I almost feel Belichick is sort glad in the way they lost I think it humbles them and BB can get more out of them. Puts a little hate in em.
The other loss that reminds me of this game is when the Giants lost to the Pats on the last game of 07.Giants new they could beat them and couldn't wait till the next time.

I watched the game knowing it ended in a loss and nothing else.

Turns out it was about the best case scenario: low on injuries, still ahead of the other AFC teams, players humbled and hungry for revenge which could only come in the Super Bowl, and BB gets to see what the Packers did vs what the Pats expected them to do, to be able to play more aggressively in a must-win situation. No worries about playing them the second time. And would make a great Super Bowl (especially since that means the Pats appear in the game and play a team they played a close game against earlier in the season.)

We don't need to blow out teams in the playoffs to win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST