PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your top 5 teams this Monday morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Vikings
5. Pats/Broncos/Jets ( I know this is cheating but it is a toss up)

1.) Saints (most complete team as of right now)
2.) Giants (deepest team as of right now)
3.) Colts (Winning on Manning's arm, but may change when they play a real team at full strength)
4.) Pats (most complete team in the AFC although I may have them too high because I can be a homer)
5.) Vikings

I seriously doubt that this will be the top five at the end of the season, but this is how I have them now.

The Jets get Calvin Pace back this week. Do you think he will make any difference for the Jets anemic blitz packages.

Yeah, it's a big help, but the main attraction is how the team bounces back from:

1) Keeping Brees from scoring a TD and STILL losing (thanks in large part to an inexperienced QB) - not to mention that you might have a more aggressive D than NO, but I think they clearly have the shiftier one.

2) Four games being almost enough tape to already diagnose what the D.

3) Sanchez painting a target on himself for going low on Vilma. Don't think that went unnoticed.

No doubt about it, watching the AFCE is fun this year so far, for various reasons. The Fish getting their crap together seems a lot more likely to me than the Jets keeping up momentum through a long season. Should be a good race this season.

===============================================

The Jets get Calvin Pace back this week. Do you think he will make any difference for the Jets anemic blitz packages.

Saints
Colts
Giants
Minn
Balt

Pace has reportedly been watching on TV as he hasn't been allowed to practice with the team, and has been having trouble figuring out Ryan's complex defensive schemes. Sounds like he could be limited for a bit until he learns the system.

===============================================

Saints
Colts
Giants
Minn
Balt

They didn't look too anemic against the Pats.

Pace (as well as the rest of the Jets LBs) is pretty poor in pass coverage (at least according to the FOA #s), I thought the Pats best strategy in that game would be to try and get LBs covering TEs or RBs. We've seen the Pats do that a lot more since Week 2, so Nov 22nd may look entirely different.

How can you have the Ravens above the Pats? If not for a fumble-return for a TD, the Pats pretty much dominated that game.

Last edited:
pace has reportedly been watching on tv as he hasn't been allowed to practice with the team, and has been having trouble figuring out ryan's complex defensive schemes. Sounds like he could be limited for a bit until he learns the system.

===================================================
:)

They didn't look too anemic against the Pats.

Pace (as well as the rest of the Jets LBs) is pretty poor in pass coverage (at least according to the FOA #s), I thought the Pats best strategy in that game would be to try and get LBs covering TEs or RBs. We've seen the Pats do that a lot more since Week 2, so Nov 22nd may look entirely different.

How can you have the Ravens above the Pats? If not for a fumble-return for a TD, the Pats pretty much dominated that game.

On a neutral field, I think the Ravens win.

You could put the Pats/Jets/Denver/Ravens @ #5

Fair enough. I'd take the Pats over the Ravens on any field, personally, as they don't have the corners to beat us. The Jets do. There's only two ways to take down a Brady-Moss team it seems: a) have great corners and blitz like crazy [Jets] b) have decent corners and have an insane pass rush with 4 guys [Giants]. Unfortunately, the Rex Ryan Jets seem to fit part A, so there will be some tough battles between those two teams.

I think it's entirely reasonable to rank the Giants, Saints, Colts and Vikings 1-4 in some order (since they are undefeated) followed by the Pats, Ravens, Jets and Broncos in some order. The Broncos are obviously undefeated but more unproven than the other 4 undefeated teams, so ranking them in the 2nd tear of top teams through 4 games is not unreasonable.

I think the Jets are better defensively than the Ravens right now (more aggressive/disruptive and better against the pass, with the Ravens better against the run), but the Ravens have a better all-around team. I think you are a year of experience for Sanchez and a legitimate WR threat away from having a top all-around team. Obviously, that won't stop you from winning a lot of games this year, and probably being a serious playoff threat.

Through 4 games Revis has to be my leading DPOY candidate. Phenomenal.

I'm listing top five besides the Pats, because frankly I can't be objective about them. Also I was on a plane for the Ravens game, and haven't seen Baltimore play this year, so don't have a good sense about them but from what I've seen and read they are formidable.

1- Giants - they look unbeatable, frankly, which tears me up inside
2- Colts - they almost lost to Miami, but then Manning just turns on his magic that guy is hot this year (again, it kills me to say it, but it is true).
3- Steelers - I know their record isn't so good, but they are coming together
4- Eagles - their depth on offense (other than running) is sick
5- Vikings - If Favre's arm can stay healthy they will make it to the NFCC game. What impressed me last night was that GB stopped the run, but Vikings were able to go to a decent passing game.

I would put the Patriots probably between the Colts and Steelers, but as I said I cannot be objective about the Pats so won't bother.

Last edited:
1) Saints

2) Giants

3) Colts

4) Jets

5) Vikings

1) Saints, the Colts and Giants haven't played anyone yet while the Saints beat the Jets and killed the Eagles in their house.

2) Vikings, as much as I hate Favre he solidifies that teams only weakness last year.

3) Giants, great team all around, ranked lower than the top 2 because they haven't played a good team yet other than maybe Dallas. SF > Dallas so the Vikings get 2.

4) Colts, Manning is always dangerous but I want to see what they do against better teams.

5) Pats, we could eaily be 2-2 or 4-0 but this team is coming together. IF the team that played this week showed up against the Jets we're 4-0

NYG
Indy
Saints
... after that, it gets cloudier...
NE
Ravens

1. Saints
2. Indy
3. Vikings
4. Pats
5. Ravens

The Giants and Broncos both really haven't faced anyone. Especially the G-Men

The Giants and Broncos both really haven't faced anyone. Especially the G-Men

Think that if you wish. The NYG have had a more than solid D for the last three years. I stand by it - they are #1... for now. Brees has not been quite as excellent in a couple of weeks. I think the NYG D stops him in a playoff game (especially in NJ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye