Welcome to PatsFans.com

What are your religious beliefs?

Discussion in 'Religion and Lighthearted Discussion' started by gomezcat, Aug 20, 2007.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My post was badly written in retrospect. He had commented on being in a minority as an atheist. I was just trying to clarify why that was, but didn't do a good job of it. If atheism or non-belief was not a legitimate opinion, I'd have to ban myself. :banned:

I was racking my brains to think of who was atheist on here and wasn't sure. I knew there were some on the political forum. It was a general point about atheists on patsfans.

I should just shut up now. Sorry for any confusion. :ugh:
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -10

#51 Jersey

I believe in God and believe that jesus died for our sins, but i dont believe in going to church! I can talk to god all the time and not at a man made structure!
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  3. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wow, that's convenient! :)
  4. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I was born Jewish to parents who were very orthodox - My dad died at 46 years of age and the orthodox part started to fade until I left my house in my 20s

My partial jewish beliefs stayed about the same until I got married a second time (first marriage was beyond horrid) to a wonderful Chrisitian woman which helped turn me into a Jesus believer and I gave my soul to the son of god early in our relationship and that is where I am today.

BTW: I have near front row tickets to see Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman at my local theater/concert hall on saturday,april 4th to hear them sing praises to the almighty one - Can't wait!! :singing:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  5. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Baptist - I believe Jesus Christ shed his blood on The Cross at Calvary, died, and resurrected 3 days later to pay for all of our sin debt in full. IOW - Jesus is the ONLY way to God the Father - We repent of our sins, accept Jesus as our personal savior, and understand salvation, then we will have eternal life.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Hey, another Jewish Christian! We are in good company. See the Bible :)

How was the concert? I havent been on here for a while. Time to post another video in CCM thread. lets talk some more, bro.
  7. James Madison

James Madison Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This also applies to me.
  8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +653 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Heh, people won't like me, but here goes. Born Catholic (like everyone else it seems), became an evangelical "born-again" Christian at 18 years old and did the Pastor thing. Now, after significant and careful study of the Bible, I'm an apostate who believes that Judaism is correct.

*prepares firewall for inevitable flaming*
  9. crazzycat

crazzycat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

................Christian
  10. Patriot Richard

Patriot Richard Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Christian and practicing. I am leaning towards Catholicism though through my studies of Church history and scripture history. That an Eastern Orthodoxy..basically the "old church".

Either way I believe the creed: Jesus Christ died for our sins on the Cross.
  11. crunk-colt

crunk-colt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i detest any and all religion. i long for the day that it fades out of society, too bad that will never happen. oh, and i'm an atheist :D

no, i did not sign up just for this post. this section caught my eye though.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  12. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So, what does he have to say? Is he a good conversationalist? What's his speaking style? I've tried to talk with God but he never seems to have enough time to answer. He must be a busy guy, so stop hogging him for yourself.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  13. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

With over 4 billion human beings on the planet, I would think so, too.
    As an agnostic, I don't ever try to hold conversations with God but rather my conscience.
    If he's anywhere, he's there.
  14. bradyforlife

bradyforlife Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe in ancient egyptian mythology.
  15. earlysummer84

earlysummer84 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

am a buddist. I think Buddism make people has a life untroubled and peaceful.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  16. rodentstew

rodentstew Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quite fond of Thor. I saw an avalanche while hiking in Norway a couple years ago (sounded like thunder), and I was like "a-ha. I get it".

Izinagi and Izinami have caught my attention as well. The whole 'brine spear' thing does it for me.

Buddha seems like fun (pretty peaceful), and I think Jesus would have been alright with me if we had a chance to hang out.

Shiva seems overly violent.

The Allah/Jehovah diad are like big tough guys, able to create and destroy at a whim (except they stopped talking to us a couple thousand years ago). They give us quasi free will, then punish the hell out of us for wrong-doing. That's a real challenge. They're like really stern, gruff dads who only hug you when you do exactly what they want. Is that actually free will?

Personally I think God is Mystery - always has been and always will be. With that as my definition, I do very much believe in God. Science is in the business of description (alone), and what it describes is at the fundament still unknowable - being able to identify and predict the movement of an electron does not give answer to its existence - it only describes and labels. Science is in the business of labeling Mystery. Therefore, Science is a descriptor of God. That's a noble effort.

So ultimately I am an unshakeable believer in God. I also militantly believe that no person can ever corner the market on the true path to God (although God knows we try...). To actually believe you know the one path is (to me) to have carved definition out of the undefineable. Which is of course impossible.

Thanks for asking! :)
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  17. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Not for this thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  18. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Please keep posts about the illumanati and Satan to the thread set up for that purpose. It is starting to dominate this board at the expense of anything else. Thanks.
  19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why not? Born and raised Protestant. Currently atheist.
  20. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Same, only I'd say I'm more agnostic than atheist, mostly because as I understand it atheists tend to be more "I do not believe" where as agnostic is more "who cares?"