Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pope Francis tells divorced woman she should be allowed Communion

Discussion in 'Religion and Lighthearted Discussion' started by fpraven88, Apr 23, 2014.

1. fpraven88

fpraven88 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +203 / 4 / -4

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...ed-woman-she-should-be-allowed-Communion.html

So you mean we shouldn't discriminate against women if they've ever had a divorce?

Huh, what a revolutionary concept.

The fact that we still have people here that would disagree with him and would have condoned and defended and protected any Pope that would've said otherwise is quite concerning.

2. everlong

everlong Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +280 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Condescending rebuttal from everybody's least favorite Opus Dei radical in 5, 4.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Well before getting too giddy, if he did say what is being speculated about:

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/07/pope-francis-pro-abortion-politicians-ineligible-for-communion/

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 15 / -9

Back to the OP...
    I believe he might include some who have not taken their vows in this category as well.

PFnV

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

• Like Like x 1
  6. fpraven88

Ratings:
    +203 / 4 / -4

Condescending irrelevant red herring from pf13 instead, apparently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Yeah and I'm not even a catholic, although I do have a sibling who is the head of a religious order.....

Funny watching lefties trying to reinvent the church they despise.

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +782 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Almost as funny as watching a rightie trying to justify a church he left behind years ago.

I mean, if you're so determined to protect it, why leave it?

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 15 / -9

I don't despise the present Catholic church. In 100 years, they'll be okay with abortion (and it will always have been so.) The church is just very slow to change. Back when I cultivated the beard I used to say "I have no problem with any organization that convinces 500 million women to kneel and worship a bearded Jewish man." Then the beard got gray, the hair mainly fell out, etc. But it was good while it lasted.

10. everlong

Ratings:
    +280 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

I despise hypocrisy not the RFC.......but the RFC is full of hypocrisy so it deserves my contempt.
    You're exactly what's wrong with politics in this country. You go the political line at all costs and in place of arguing a point on merit you throw out typical lefty/progressive when you cannot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Well it is clear from your post that you hate religion in general due to whatever atheist belief you have.

For my own part I am happy to let people believe what they believe, be it atheist, agnostic ,Christian Buddhist, Hindu, whatever. YMMV.

12. fpraven88

Ratings:
    +203 / 4 / -4

I notice that you didn't list Islam.

13. everlong

Ratings:
    +280 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

If you paid attention at all you would know I'm not atheist and that I'm very happy to let people believe what they want as long as they grant me that same right. The problem is RI Phelps Fan and people like him don't do that. He calls what I believe "Burger King" religion even though it predates his religion. He claims people like me who don't have a strict doctrine like he does are worse than Phelps and the WBC.

You're such an apologist for any conservative policy even ones you really shouldn't care about if your Taoist claims were true

• Like Like x 1
  14. SalemPats

SalemPats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +336 / 37 / -21

No Jersey Selected

Also blind

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 27 / -33

It is interesting to see one of the biggest deniers of all things religious/religion is following on the curtails of a relative, who is supposedly the head of a religious order... the reality is things will change significantly in the next 25 years in the Catholic Church.

As someone who watched and lived through the transition of St. John XXIII.. it's coming.

16. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about....especially when it comes to the RCC.

The only thing that changed during the "transition" of John 23 were devotions and disciplines. Devotions and diciplines routinely change in the church. Not a single doctrine of the RCC was contradicted by Vactican 2.

17. PP2

PP2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +741 / 7 / -4

#12 Jersey

Yet it is interesting to note that John XXIII gave very little notice when convening V2 and this caught the Curia by surprise. His reasoning was that "it was time to open the windows of the Church to let in some fresh air," and invited Christians outside the church to participate and this is scarcely within RCC doctrine as was his famous saying that 'We were all made in God's image, and thus, we are all Godly alike," which is borderline heresy.

Still waiting for your reply in the other thread.

18. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

Your answer is exactly why I didn't bother replying. You say you have a background in theology and it's obvious you do not have a background in theology based upon your answer.

You don't understand the difference between dogma, doctrine, discipline or devotion. Look them up and then come back and tell me which specific dogmas or doctrines Vatican 2 contradicted. Let me save you some time by saying that you're wasting your time looking for those contradicted doctrines. At the very least though, understanding the difference between dogma, doctrine, discipline, and devotion might help you so that's worth looking up.

BTW, as for your "borderline heresy" comment....from the Catholic Catechism:

355 "God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them."218 Man occupies a unique place in creation: (I) he is "in the image of God"; (II) in his own nature he unites the spiritual and material worlds; (III) he is created "male and female"; (IV) God established him in his friendship.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p6.htm

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  19. PP2

PP2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +741 / 7 / -4

#12 Jersey

First off, you are confusing theology with catechism. You keep quoting from catechism and that is not theology.

And yes that's borderline heresy, because while the catechism you quote from does state that Man is "in the image of God," he is still not God, and to insinuate that was to be accused and charged with heresy by the Catholic Church as many were; Meister Eckhart, for example, wouldn't differentiate between man and God and was charged with heresy (later retracted).

20. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

I'm sorry I wasted my time trying to educate you. My bad....I won't make that mistake again.