PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are the Jets Video Taping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're looking at the nfl films guy pic. Go look at the original pic on page 1.

I'm talking about original photo and video. The guy to his left is holding a long black metal pole, most likely for a boom mic. You can clearly see the audio guy holding the pole out and over to the front of the camera man. Must have been filming some kind of Jets show. It's nothing.

Last edited:
I'm talking about original photo and video. The guy to his left is holding a long black metal pole, most likely for a boom mic. You can clearly see the audio guy holding the pole out and over to the front of the camera man. Must have been filming some kind of Jets show. It's nothing.

Problem.jpg

So you can tape from the sidelines if your filming some sort of all access show ? Ok. So teams will now simply start taping all games from the sidelines claiming they were doing all access. How convenient. At the very least the league should be asking the Jets to handover the footage to ensure it wasn't filming the Pats huddle or sideline.

Jets need to lose a draft pick!

How do we know the camera was working? Maybe the guy was high and didn't know it was turned off. Or maybe he dropped acid and thought he was recording a Broadway play.

As you can actually film from the sidelines after all I assume we get our draft pick back ? Three first rounders will give us the ammo to move up and grab that monster pass rusher. Happy days.

So now you're saying the NFL is parsing the language of the rule? If the rule says no cameramen, and the Jets were not punished, then it's perfectly fine for the Patriots to think the rule gets ignored, especially since the memo used language that said teams were not to use video for gameplay.

Besides, you're totally twisting things now. I never said the Patriots were issued the largest fine ever for a cameraman in the wrong place. You're making a strawman argument. I said the NFL not caring about the Jets cameraman gave little value to the memo issued a year earlier. Jeez

Nothing I have seen shows any indication that the NFL knew anything about the Patriots catching the Jets filming in 2006 until after the Patriots were caught in September of 2007. So how is that event at all relevant to your theory?

The more I look at the original picture, the more I think this is our mystery cameraman:

6LanceTaylor.jpg

That gentleman is Lance Taylor, who is the Jets' Offensive Quality Control coach. That would sort of suggest the taping wouldn't be for any sort of "Jets All Access" show, eh?

i will be shocked if anything comes of this, because its the jets... the patriots did it because the leauge hates us...but glad florio brought this to attention...

AlbertBreer
Looked into this ... Well within the rules RT @ProFootballTalk Image of Jets employee with sideline camera creates stir profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/pho…

10charokkkkkkk

Best part:

The image, appearing on the screen for only an instant at the start of the second quarter over the shoulder of offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, seems to reflect a clear violation of league rules. (And the photo in the link hasn’t been altered; we’ve confirmed the presence of the camera via the game broadcast.)

Specifically, the NFL Game Operations Manual states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game,” and that “all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

Lets see what the commish does about this!

@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer
Re: Jets ... Here's the rule: Club video crews & video crews from television stations that produce and telecast club-licensed programming...

@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer
... may also be permitted to have a camera on the sidelines to shoot footage for those club-licensed programs only.

Part 2 of the rule: "Home & visiting club-related sideline video personnel (coaches’ shows, team programming) will wear lime green vests."

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back