PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are the Jets Video Taping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to see how anyone doesn't see the hypocrisy here by Goodell and the league.

It is against the rule to film from the sidelines, unless you have our permission.

Right.

Joe and Evan on WFAN have already concluded this controversy is over, as the Jets answer puts it to sleep.

Either you cannot tape from the sidelines, your first round draft pick please and half a million, or you can.

Which is it Kommizar?

Bro .. What cha talking about Bro .. I like listening to them .. Bro ..

ILLEGAL come to our sideline if you want.

The rules were violated and it gets WORSE (when they filmed our sideline)

I talked to Ian Rappaport today on twitter. Here is the reply abiut the photo.
From @KDPPatsFan, this is the shot: twitpic.com/6ymbn1 Every team including Pats has 2 camera guys and reporter on sidelines for All Access

EDIT: Rap replied saying he was probably filming game action....note the game time is 15:00 so before play started though.

The amount of time between the 1st and 2nd quarter, and the 3rd and 4th quarter is the same amount of time you get with a TV timeout (which is short), so it's not like the players and team coaches were standing around doing nothing.

Also Schotty as the OC, would most definitely be looking at the "game action" and he is looking downfield. The camera isn't pointed downfield.

I talked to Ian Rappaport today on twitter. Here is the reply abiut the photo.

Now the question is, is either of the cameramen the Jets' offensive quality control coach, because if it is, the quality control coach is the exact person who would handle collecting and managing opposition video for competitive use.

Last edited:
Now the question is, is either of the cameramen the Jets' offensive quality control coach, because if it is, the quality control coach is the exact person who would handle collecting and managing opposition video for competitive use.

Something is still fishy to me. Schotty is looking one way and the cameraman has the camera pointing another way. The Jets have done this before. I told Ian he should have the NFL check the film from the camera to see what they were taping. Also, all the press is in the corner of the stadium during the game, not the sideline with the players. Yet, Goodell will blow Woody Johnson, swallow then cover it up for him!

That is a credentialed member of the media. The vest is what shows that he's legit. It's probably somebody recording for a show like Patriots All Access. They always have their own cameramen on the sidelines. Also there's no more signals to be taped now that defensive players have wireless communication.

I was a ringleader of the "Jets were taping too" in 2007 but this is nothing.

Also if you're going to tape the other teams signals it would be a team video assistant with a small handheld, not a broadcast quality camera.

Ah, but you forget that the green dot is only allowed on one helmet, so if you're substituting constantly, you MUST use hand signals to get the defensive calls in for the plays in which your green dot guy isn't in the game.

Besides, Bob Costas asked Goodell point blank last time if people could film with the stands, given current technology (i.e. binocular video recorders). Goodell gave a total non-answer to that question.

NFL films guys do not wear team credentials nor team specific shirts

And theres an emblem that clearly says STAFF. The cameraman definitely works for the jets. And hes right next to the coach, there's no way they can claim they were 'unaware' he was doing that thing unlike with Alosi where they contended that it was his idea alone to set up the player 'wall' on the sideline and they didn't know about it. The sad thing is that Goodell is a certified Jets lackey so nothing will come of this.

Ok So I read the so called explanation and apparently if you wear a 'lime-green' vest and claim you are filming for club-licensed programs, you can film whatever the hell you want. Why the camera would be pointed towards the Pats sidelines rather than their own players, well no explanation is given. You draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
I really hope someone keeps looking in to this cause if he works forhte jets in a coaching capacity then there is no way he can for for the jets "all access" shows but we all know because it's the jets nothing will come of it.

I know we can not get the draft pick and money back for it but god damn it that crap sucks

oh and since we know that the pats had all access people on the sidelines where were they filming at the same time cause that will end the dispute ight away if they are filmingthe pats on the field or the pats sideline then we know

Last edited:
Agreeing to a full pardon if he gets Rex Ryan fined and costs the Jets at least one first round draft choice, Bob Kraft hired Eric Mangini this morning to conduct an in-depth investigation into the videotaping conducted by the Jets staff in Foxboro during its 30-21 loss to the Patriots.

"We conducted an exhaustive search into who the best person would be to betray his former employer and get to the bottom of this clear violation of the league video-taping rules and Eric Mangini is our rat," said Bob Kraft.

Although this appears to be a non-story, it is kinda ironic that the Jets fans are getting defensive on their sites considering they cried about video evidence of cheating because they had a picture of a videographer stand on the JETS sidelines in a yellow vest pointing the camera at the Jets coaching staff. It was clear it was a Jets employee, but they still cried cheating.

Something is still fishy to me. Schotty is looking one way and the cameraman has the camera pointing another way. The Jets have done this before. I told Ian he should have the NFL check the film from the camera to see what they were taping. Also, all the press is in the corner of the stadium during the game, not the sideline with the players. Yet, Goodell will blow Woody Johnson, swallow then cover it up for him!

Schotty was likely watching another Sanchez pass fall aimlessly to to turf yards off target.

Besides, Bob Costas asked Goodell point blank last time if people could film with the stands, given current technology (i.e. binocular video recorders). Goodell gave a total non-answer to that question.

Goodell is in an impossible situation. He knows what he wants (NFL video everywhere with the associated commercial/licensing revenue it brings) and what he doesn't want (a technology arms race to get access to private, insider information) but he has no way of enforcing the difference.

He should just state the obvious. Teams have the opportunity and motive to beat the rules and the league won't try to stop them (no confiscating tapes, calling employees to testify) unless someone admits to breaking the rules. Just wear your vest and don't blatantly look like you are doing something unseemly. If you do slip up and the league's integrity is called into question, a 2007 Patriots penalty is the punishment.

The only question left is around the identity of the camera guy. If he is a media guy, no issue. If he is a coach or a quality control guy, big issue and the penalty should be enforced. It should be that black and white. Otherwise you introduce a nuance that says the league office gets to pick winners and losers based on whatever criteria they choose. Integrity...meet toilet bowl.

Last edited:
Not surprising. And I don't say that as a jab at the Jets, everybody does this. The circumstances are hilarious though.

Although this appears to be a non-story, it is kinda ironic that the Jets fans are getting defensive on their sites considering they cried about video evidence of cheating because they had a picture of a videographer stand on the JETS sidelines in a yellow vest pointing the camera at the Jets coaching staff. It was clear it was a Jets employee, but they still cried cheating.

In a way, it is bad news right now to be caught on tape coaching the Jets. Plausible deniability that you are a reason why the Jets suck goes right out the window.

Sometimes when you're on a losing streak, you do some desperate things like 'accidentally' filming toward the Patriots sideline to gain a little advantage...I hope they can seize the tapes and have a look, that should clear things up one way or the other...

someone send this to ESPN.

PFF is hardly a credible media outlet

ESPN is good b/c over 90% of the Sports world is in tune w/ it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back