PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are the Jets Video Taping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why it's so hard to believe that Belichick misinterpreted the rule when the league doesn't even know what the hell the rules are. At this point it seems the only error was that the Pats didnt put Estrella in a green vest.

Am I wrong, or are defensive signals now defunct because of the designated defender's helmet radio? :confused:

This has probably been addressed - but if a coordinator is verbally calling in the signals (rather than using hand signals etc.) it's still of interest to an opposing team.

The reason they try to cover their mouths is because they know there's a dozen cameras in the stands and elsewhere. Telecscopic microphones and telephoto lenses are probably more than enough to capture the audio of the call itself (which as an audiophile you probably know the ambient noise can be cleaned out)

Would this allow the Jets to know the plays instantly? No of course not. Some asserted that's what the Patriots were doing and obviously that's near impossible.

Would it help to analyze play calling in certain situations and help for a future game. I'd say so.

I mean it's not like someone has invented wireless real time video or something. No that couldn't be so. :rolleyes:

What is Schott holding? An enlarged clipboard or an electronic device?

Remember,

-This team was videotaping in 2006.
-This team minor coaches were involved in Trip Gate. Guess he was attending ST meetings W. Westhoff.
-Now this. I for one, don't believe they were taping their Safeties.

Why the heck would do want a field level angle of your safeties when the coaches, via their printer on the field, have instant access to pics of pre snap, snap and post snap pics of aerial view...which is a LOT better than field level view. It's BS. They are hiding behind a idiotic loophole.

Last edited:
Bottom line, even if the Jets were taping us it wouldn't matter because there's nothing to 'spy' on anymore. Everything's done with mics in the helmets and headsets, there's no signals anymore. Something like spygate will never happen during games again.

This whole incident shows how stupid and overly harsh the 2007 penalties for taping were.

Bingo! We have Bingo!

Bottom line, even if the Jets were taping us it wouldn't matter because there's nothing to 'spy' on anymore. Everything's done with mics in the helmets and headsets, there's no signals anymore. Something like spygate will never happen during games again.

This isn't true. When the new rules were made, Belichick complained to the NFL that teams that substitute frequently would be penalized because only certain designated players are allowed to wear a mic. Mayo was one such player for the Patriots. When the Patriots go to a dime and the MLB is off the field, they have to use hand signals to call the play in.

I don't get why it's so hard to believe that Belichick misinterpreted the rule when the league doesn't even know what the hell the rules are. At this point it seems the only error was that the Pats didnt put Estrella in a green vest.

I'm pretty sure he understood the rule but was confident enough in the murkiness that he had a reasonable loophole. As you said, the league doesn't seem to exactly know what the rules are, or at least, they haven't fully thought them through.

Nothing will happen, they were caught taping last year or the year before and Nothing happened. Goody says its alright cause the rats are his team.

Last edited:
I've a couple questions.

1. Is it true that the Patriot camera-man was standing in plain view? Does anyone know exactly where he was filming from?

2. Is it true that he was wearing Patriot Staff identification?

What were the Jests taping....Their Demise.

wow .. I had to delete that pic from my photo bucket account .. ate up my allowed bandwidth .. in two days that photo was viewed over 160k times .. barstool alone was viewed 99k .. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back