PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Washington Redskins Safety Laron Landry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
The only thing I know about him when I watch Redskins games is receivers and tight ends make big plays on him a lot.
do-not-want-dog.jpg

Celticboy04

I agree with everyone else, your strong safety is your hitter, blitzer and run support guy. We already have that in Chung, we need a true FS, someone who is a ball hawk and a pick 6 threat

We already had LaRon Landry on our roster a couple years ago and we got him at 1/5th the price. His name was Jarrad Page. He hits hard, is great in the box, and offers absolutely nothing in coverage.

What about Washington Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman?

Unlike TB, Grossman knows how to beat the Giants. Normally the #1 backup behind Brady against every other team, Grossman could start against the Giants if they meet again in the Super Bowl. After all, that would probably give the Pats the best chance to win.

Unlike TB, Grossman knows how to beat the Giants. Normally the #1 backup behind Brady against every other team, Grossman could start against the Giants if they meet again in the Super Bowl. After all, that would probably give the Pats the best chance to win.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious.

Last edited:

Sign him!!!

Branch
Goldson
Griffin
Landry

That's my order for the so-called 'top' safeties available, adjusted for expected salary requests and the like. Branch intrigues me because he'd put some real speed into that secondary.

I mentioned Branch a couple of weeks ago too. He'd complement Chung really well, good in coverage, and can play close to the LoS. He'd look fantastic in a Pats uniform.

Why can't there be an Earl Thomas type prospect in the draft...damn.

Landry: Nope, too injury prone, got Chung.
Branch: Not familar with
Griffin: Not familiar with
Goldson: This guy is interesting, there are people that say he's overrated and terrible in coverage, the front 7 makes him look good. Sciz mentioned this as well. Others think he's
one hell of a safety.

Draft: None to start, but I like Iloka.

FS is a need. CB is a need. OLB/DE is a need. Quality DE is a need.
Pretty much that entire defensive side could use a boost in talent.
On the offensive side? We just need a field stretcher and to resign Welker.

Landry is too injury prone to risk the money. Could you imagine wanting to pay Dowling 6/60 and risk him missing half the season? Yeaaaah.

Achilles heel injuries are never good. He has opted not to have surgery on it for the 2nd season in a row. It's a problem that is likely to come back at any time during the season. No thanks and besides he's not the guy we need back there anyway. Need a center fielder with speed.

Branch
Goldson
Griffin
Landry

That's my order for the so-called 'top' safeties available, adjusted for expected salary requests and the like. Branch intrigues me because he'd put some real speed into that secondary.
Branch is a strong safety like Landry and Chung. He might be fast, but he has issues in coverage, especially man, and the last thing the Patriots need is yet another DB who can't play man. The Raiders keep him in the box. I'd pass. Not the kind of safety the Patriots need.

Goldson is the best coverage safety of those four. He's very good. Griffin is talented but inconsistent. Landry is another SS type with lots of injury problems.

The free agent crop for FS is weak this year. Goldson, DeCoud, and James Sanders are the biggest names. Not very impressive. Ninja's Babineaux idea appeals to me, but I can't remember seeing him play.

Still, adding almost anyone at this point would be an upgrade.

Last edited:
I'm going to start off by saying I haven't seen much of him being a Redskin and all. But, what I have seen is a little reminiscent of Rodney. He might not complement Chung very well, but he definitely brings a certain meanness, a physical nastiness that we've definitely lacked in the defensive secondary since Rodney left. He definitely seems to lunge too much, and not wrap up enough, which is pretty evident throughout the league obviously. But, he definitely closes very fast and plays with an edge.

If we could have him on a 2 or 3 year show me what you got type deal would you do it?

definitely, he could help.

Branch is a strong safety like Landry and Chung. He might be fast, but he has issues in coverage, especially man, and the last thing the Patriots need is yet another DB who can't play man. The Raiders keep him in the box. I'd pass. Not the kind of safety the Patriots need.

Goldson is the best coverage safety of those four. He's very good. Griffin is talented but inconsistent. Landry is another SS type with lots of injury problems.

The free agent crop for FS is weak this year. Goldson, DeCoud, and James Sanders are the biggest names. Not very impressive. Ninja's Babineaux idea appeals to me, but I can't remember seeing him play.

Still, adding almost anyone at this point would be an upgrade.

My guess, is Griffen.

Laron Landry - ton of talent, would be great for a low cost one year deal but there is one problem...Nobody knows if he can even play 1/2 of a season next year because of the Achilles problems. Landry is a project and the Pats need something different in a versatile, durable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News