PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker out for the rest of the regular season due to concussions

Stay healthy Wes. Hope you are OK to get back for your only January game.

I never said it wasn't a big deal, I was commenting on the title which was inaccurate

"Wes Welker out for the rest of the regular season due to concussions"

The title says that Wes Welker is out- check
The title says that he is out for the rest of the regular season (two games are left)- check
The title days that it is because of concussions- check

what is inaccurate about the title (or was the title changed?)???

Not sure where im going with this, but if everything stays as is

Durable welker will have played 1 more game this season than "glass" amendola

Be well, Wes. Be well.

I'm looking for video of the hit and not finding it. Instead, it seems there's video of 2 other dirty hits Pollard has put on Welker in his career.

Pollard is one of the VERY few football players it would please me to see severely injured.

I'm looking for video of the hit and not finding it. Instead, it seems there's video of 2 other dirty hits Pollard has put on Welker in his career.

Pollard is one of the VERY few football players it would please me to see severely injured.
Pollard didn't give Welker his latest concussion. That hit was from George Wilson. You can find it here at about :46 seconds in.

Pollard didn't give Welker his latest concussion. That hit was from George Wilson. You can find it here at about :46 seconds in.

Good looking out. That was my mistake. Still a hellacious hit that could have caused Welker to break his neck. Again, Manning had no business putting Welker in that position. It's the reason why all of his slot receivers will be drooling on bibbs by the time they're in their 50's.

Welker most likely never plays another down. If he does it'll be for a game or two at minimal effectiveness and then he'll retire.

Welker most likely never plays another down. If he does it'll be for a game or two at minimal effectiveness and then he'll retire.

He'll be back by the playoffs, methinks. These next two games are viewed by the Broncos as games that they should easily win (though I think they might be close to upset alert against Houston). Welker is too important to that offense to have suffer a third concussion in games that the Broncos should win without him if they are truly championship caliber. That said, he's going to need to keep his head on a swivel during the playoffs. All the pride and balls in the world aren't going to help him if he gets rocked again, and we all know that Manning will gladly put him in that position instead of living to fight another down.

I believe he will be playing January 11 or 12 in the playoffs. Who knows right now if this is DEN trying to protect their asset for the playoffs or because WW is truly having bad concussion symptoms that wouldn't get any better for the next few weeks.

So if amendola plays the rest of the season, and welker (according to espn won't) amendola will have missed 1 more game then welker this season, right?

That's really a shame. Welker is one of my favorite players in football. He's such a warrior, hopefully this doesn't effect the rest of his career. Great work ethic, I'll never forget how hard he worked to be ready for game 1 after blowing out his knee the prior year in game 16.

Really feel bad for Wes, hope he doesn't have lingering problems when he does decide to hang up the cleats. Looks like he'll only have one more game left this season if the title is correct. Hope he manages to avoid any big hits.

Let's not act like this is nothing. The guy couldn't get cleared last week or this week by a neurologist. That is a pretty big deal. That means he is still probably experiencing concussion symptom.

They may be shutting him down for a precaution, but it could be that they don't expect to clear him next week either which brings to doubt his availability in the playoffs.

Hopefully the Denver doctors will go the extra yard in protecting Welker from himself.

So if amendola plays the rest of the season, and welker (according to espn won't) amendola will have missed 1 more game then welker this season, right?

Not only that, but if Danny has two games like he did last Sunday, he'll finish with only 2 less catches and about 60 more yards on the season.

Makes sense, in a way. The Broncos shouldn't have any trouble winning out, so why not get Welker 3 more uninterrupted weeks of rest? If they put him on the field next week and he gets another, suddenly his availability for the playoffs is looking unlikely.

Not only that, but if Danny has two games like he did last Sunday, he'll finish with only 2 less catches and about 60 more yards on the season.

Wouldn't that be something if it ended up that way. I tell you what, we have a stud in Edelman and amendola.

That said, I'll take the 28 year old breakout Minitron over a 33 year old Wes in 2014 every time.

Then enjoy his next two regular season games because odds are NE will be in his rear view mirror next season. The WR $$$ are spoken for...it would appear

He might even get that third TD

Haha. Here are Amendola's projected final regular season stats, compared with Welker's:

Amendola: 12 g, 58 rec, 662 yds, 2 td
Welker: 13 g, 73 rec, 778 yds, 10 td

So the production level is still hugely in Welker's favor.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back