PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welkah revisited:

It's not that I miss him ... it's that he went to Manning in Denver that hurts.

Last edited:
Anyone that claims they do not miss Welker is ****ing delusional.

I like Amendola's potential, but Welker did a lot for this team and is obviously capable of still performing at a very high level.
I don't miss Welker in the slightest. I resent the Patriots injury predicament.

Wes is a great player. The Patriots chose to go in a different direction. In business, it happens all the time. I accepted that Welker was moving on some time ago much like Woodhead (who still looks fantastic)

Pats made him an offer, he turned down and instead basically begged the Broncos to give him a deal comparable to what the Pats were asking.

If Welker really wanted to be here, he would be here. He'll end up probably making less with Denver than he would have if he stayed here.

If the Patriots offer was an insult to him and is the reason why he didn't come back then he would be in Tennessee right now because they reportedly offered him the most.

It takes two to tangle.

Both sides agree that Welker gave the Patriots the opportunity to match the Broncos offer, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information.

You mean Welkah rererererererererererererereVisited.......:bricks:

I like Amendola's potential, but Welker did a lot for this team and is obviously capable of still performing at a very high level.

The TE duo is what we're really missing. That said, take a look at the other weapons Peyton has at his disposal, the attention they command make things easier for Welker.

Finally, the Pats offered him more money than the Donkeys.

I miss Welker, but anyone who says thus far the loss of Welker has hurt this team is delusional. I would rather have him here, but the Pats' record would be the same with or without him thus far. Talk to me if the Pats lose a few games.

I am glad Wes welker is gone. You guys love this guy, but guess what, he drops the most important passes in the most important games. I could care less if welker has 1000 catches, he just likes to forget how to catch in the big games. And because welker is gone, we will actually have a more unpredictable offense. Which is better.

If you mean unpredictable in that its hard to guess if they'll score 14, 17, 20 or 23....thrn you're right

Clearly you are delusional. The Pats miss having a competent tight end who can block and catch passes more than they miss Welker. You might actually want to watch the games because you're missing out..

BTW, It should be noted that Welker has 1 fewer drop than the Dobson and Thompkins, combined..

Maybe because there are real live Pats fans out there that are angry our all time #1 receiver (and a good guy) was let go for trivial reasons and our team right now looks anemic in the offense dept? How's that for starters?

Good starters. We are not real live pats fans.

It's not that I miss him ... it's that he went to Manning in Denver that hurts.

I would agree here. Welker's addition to the Broncos has hurt the Pats more thus far than his absence from the team. Maybe without him, the Broncos offense struggles.

The Pats never used him as a red zone target on a consistent basis like the Broncos are. I doubt the Pats would be using him that way this year if he reupped with the Pats.

Honestly I wouldn't put it past Manning and Welker to have had a conversation about breaking Brady and Moss record.

the pats don't need welker. however, him going to denver is the problem.

now THIS is the thread of the year

I would agree here. Welker's addition to the Broncos has hurt the Pats more thus far than his absence from the team. Maybe without him, the Broncos offense struggles.

Swap all the pats current offensive weapons with them except welker and then see. He isn't their missing piece but a great complimentary piece.

Each NFL team has 53 active players. Wes Welker was one player. He was very good while he was here. He's gone. Get over it.

Both sides agree that Welker gave the Patriots the opportunity to match the Broncos offer, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information.

Actually, Welker came back to the Pats after they had already agreed with Amendola, using that money. So, while you are technically correct, the Pats had already spent the money on a different player.

And, in reality, you ignore that the Pats had given Welker a 2yr/$16 million offer that Welker turned down and he couldn't get anything better than the 1+1/$12 million offer he got from the Broncos..

The TE duo is what we're really missing. That said, take a look at the other weapons Peyton has at his disposal, the attention they command make things easier for Welker.

Finally, the Pats offered him more money than the Donkeys.

Missing Gronk has been hurting this team since the AFCCG last year. What this team is missing more than anything is a red zone target. It caused the Pats to lose the AFCCG and has caused the Pats to struggle in the red zone this season.

The Pats can move the ball outside the red zone with or without Welker. Without Gronk, they can't get in the end zone.

We've played 3 cupcakes thus far and barely beat them. When we play the tough teams (and I'm not including tonights matchup) we will see what this team and receiving corps are all about. The AFCE has been the worst conference in football for some years now, so I don't get a bulge in my pantalones when we win it. We've all seen what happens to us in the playoffs since 2007 when we play tough defenses . What gives me the most hope is our D is finally looking better than mediocre!

Swap all the pats current offensive weapons with them except welker and then see. He isn't their missing piece but a great complimentary piece.

I would agree with that. He is just one piece in that offense, but take away any one piece in that offense and it could be very different.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back