PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welkah revisited:

I would agree here. Welker's addition to the Broncos has hurt the Pats more thus far than his absence from the team. Maybe without him, the Broncos offense struggles.

Sorry, Rob. That offense was excellent last year without Welker. It would be excellent this year without him as well..

Anyone that claims they do not miss Welker is ****ing delusional.

I like Amendola's potential, but Welker did a lot for this team and is obviously capable of still performing at a very high level.

You're wasting your time, sadly. A significant percentage of posters on this site have reached JI levels of ostriching when it comes to Welker.

And on that note, it's time for thread ignore.

We've played 3 cupcakes thus far and barely beat them. When we play the tough teams (and I'm not including tonights matchup) we will see what this team and receiving corps are all about. The AFCE has been the worst conference in football for some years now, so I don't get a bulge in my pantalones when we win it. We've all seen what happens to us in the playoffs since 2007 when we play tough defenses . What gives me the most hope is our D is finally looking better than mediocre!

The Bills and Jets are 2-2 like most of the rest of the league including the Pats' next week "tough" opponent in the Bengals. The Pats crushed the Bucs.

Have you been paying attention to football? The AFC North and NFC East are worse divisions than the AFC East right now.

I guess this thread will be made on a weekly basis going forward now.

Sorry, Rob. That offense was excellent last year without Welker. It would be excellent this year without him as well..

The offense last year struggled at times especially against good teams. Granted the Broncos haven't faced a good team this year yet to tell if they corrected their problems against good teams.

As long as WW catches 2 TDs per week and Amendola rides the bench with injuries, yeah I could see that. :bricks:

We've played 3 cupcakes thus far and barely beat them. When we play the tough teams (and I'm not including tonights matchup) we will see what this team and receiving corps are all about. The AFCE has been the worst conference in football for some years now, so I don't get a bulge in my pantalones when we win it. We've all seen what happens to us in the playoffs since 2007 when we play tough defenses . What gives me the most hope is our D is finally looking better than mediocre!

Only people who have no knowledge of football claim that we've played 3 cupcakes so far. The Bills, Jets, and Bucs all have excellent D-lines.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention because the Bills are 2-2, having knocked off the Ravens. The Jets are 2-2 as well and Miami is currently 3-0. The AFCE is actually a pretty tough division this year. You might want to get out more often and catch up on the happenings around the league.

Have you seen what happens to peyton in the playoffs ?

Honestly I wouldn't put it past Manning and Welker to have had a conversation about breaking Brady and Moss record.

I wouldn't be surprised. The Pats still ran the ball on "and goal" situations in 2007. Manning has always thrown the ball in those situations. He will definitely put him and Welker in contention to take both records. I have no doubt about that.

You're wasting your time, sadly. A significant percentage of posters on this site have reached JI levels of ostriching when it comes to Welker.

And on that note, it's time for thread ignore.

It's you who is wasting everyone's time, Deus and it's you who has reached the levels of JI in terms of just about everything Patriots. Gotta agree with others that you have turned into an Anti-Patriot fan with the way you post.

Both sides agree that Welker gave the Patriots the opportunity to match the Broncos offer, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information.

For the fact that before Welker went begging the Broncos to give him an offer the Pats had already moved on to Amendola. Therefore Welker letting the Pats match Denver's offer is moot.

The sad thing if the Pats are something like 10-0, there will still be people who will complain the Pats are screwed because they lost Welker.

Every time I see WWW playing well, which is every time I see him, it's a kick in the crotch. We would be SO much better with him still on the Pats. I can't believe anyone could even argue against that.

That being said, he's gone and I have tried to move on after week 1.

It's you who is wasting everyone's time, Deus and it's you who has reached the levels of JI in terms of just about everything Patriots. Gotta agree with others that you have turned into an Anti-Patriot fan with the way you post.

I gotta say he is reaching Rah! Rah! type of arrogance and insults when it comes to dealing with people who disagree with him. Only Rah!Rah! has called me a (derogatory comment) homer more than Deus.

Always better to cut bait a year early, rather than a year late. Wes played very very well here and his effort was admirable.

He is getting older, the receivers NE has now are younger. Circle of life. It'll be ok.

Each NFL team has 53 active players. Wes Welker was one player. He was very good while he was here. He's gone. Get over it.
220px-Get_Over_It_Eagles.jpg

We've played 3 cupcakes thus far and barely beat them.

Ask the Ravens how much of a cupcake the Bills were today.

And 23-3 isn't exactly "barely" beating the Bucs...

We've all seen what happens to us in the playoffs since 2007 when we play tough defenses .

In case anyone forgot already:

Before Welker: 3 Super Bowl titles, zero one and dones, and 12-2 with Brady as a starter in the playoffs, both losses on the road in very hostile environments.

With Welker and the Air Brady show, great regular season team. But no titles. 0-2 in Super Bowls including arguably the worst loss in the history of professional sports, 3 playoff exits at home including 2 one and dones and Brady has an aggregate 83 passer rating in the playoffs since the win over the Jags in the 07 AFC Divisional playoff. And Welker's clutch drops contributed to a couple of those losses. In fact the Air Brady show was blown up in all those losses.

Just saying. Facts are facts. And now we'll see what happens without him again.

Maybe Deus is Ron Borges ... :idea2:

Every time I see WWW playing well, which is every time I see him, it's a kick in the crotch. We would be SO much better with him still on the Pats. I can't believe anyone could even argue against that.

That being said, he's gone and I have tried to move on after week 1.

I am not arguing against the Pats would be better with Welker. Of course they would.

I am saying losing him hasn't hurt the Pats thus far. And in the long run, it could make this team better down the road. When Gronk and Vereen come back and assuming Amendola comes back and stays healthy, this time with the rookies could pay off and make this team better if Brady was using Welker as his safety blanket over the first month of the season. Maybe not. But I think the rookies benefit from Brady having to throw to them.

Actually, Welker came back to the Pats after they had already agreed with Amendola, using that money. So, while you are technically correct, the Pats had already spent the money on a different player.

And, in reality, you ignore that the Pats had given Welker a 2yr/$16 million offer that Welker turned down and he couldn't get anything better than the 1+1/$12 million offer he got from the Broncos..

Everyone tends to believe welker and his agents but thinks BB and Kraft are liars when they say that their agent oversold the market to welker.And people who do that are homers at the JI level. The fact that welker ahd to reach out the elway and the broncos to find himself a place to play says it all. This is no way demeaning the player or his abilities but how it went down.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back