PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welkah revisited:

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know my shrink would say its healthier to let this go, but WW now has 6 TDs in the 1st 4 games of the season as well as 26 recs for 276 yds. He's on pace for 100 recs, 1000 yds(again) and 24 tds.

I'm sorry but I'm not getting over the way the Pats douched this guy. Hymendola can't even get on the field. The debate presented by BB sycophants on this board, supporting BB's decision to let WW walk, has been blown out of the water. This was an eff up of epic proportions. Would it have been so difficult to just pay this guy who was nothing but a good soldier for years as well as #1 all time WR on the Pats?! Sigh...

I love talking about football stats as if they are linear.

Can we create a seperate forum for broncos and welker ? And can you create these threads earlier in the week since you are going to post this every week now so mods can do cleanups first ?
Sick of this nonsense which is not even factual.:mad:

He took "less" money to go to Denver, if you listen to Kraft, he has what 5 drops and a fumble already? Oh and you missed this guy out:

J. Edelman
27 rec
201 yards
2 TDs

To go with Amendolas 10 for 100 and whatever.

Welker hasn't been missed, the TE duo however, have been hugely missed.

Letting Welker go was a huge mistake when it happened, and it's an even bigger mistake now. BB simply outsmarted himself this time.

Biggest mistake of the Belichick era? I think so.

He took "less" money to go to Denver, if you listen to Kraft, he has what 5 drops and a fumble already? Oh and you missed this guy out:

J. Edelman
27 rec
201 yards
2 TDs

Please stop this. You have to type this every week and ever TD welker scores.

He's gone. F' Welker, F' Peyton. Go Pats

J. Edelman
27 rec
201 yards
2 TDs

Why post this sort of nonsense? You have to know it's a steaming pile.

I wish he was still here but it is what it is. I just hope they win tonight cause this board will go nuts if they dont

I am glad Wes welker is gone. You guys love this guy, but guess what, he drops the most important passes in the most important games. I could care less if welker has 1000 catches, he just likes to forget how to catch in the big games. And because welker is gone, we will actually have a more unpredictable offense. Which is better.

Anyone that claims they do not miss Welker is ****ing delusional.

I like Amendola's potential, but Welker did a lot for this team and is obviously capable of still performing at a very high level.

But why is there a weekly thread and a thread everytime he scores a TD ? I dont get this nonsense.

I know my shrink would say its healthier to let this go, but WW now has 6 TDs in the 1st 4 games of the season as well as 26 recs for 276 yds. He's on pace for 100 recs, 1000 yds(again) and 24 tds.

I'm sorry but I'm not getting over the way the Pats douched this guy. Hymendola can't even get on the field. The debate presented by BB sycophants on this board, supporting BB's decision to let WW walk, has been blown out of the water. This was an eff up of epic proportions. Would it have been so difficult to just pay this guy who was nothing but a good soldier for years as well as #1 all time WR on the Pats?! Sigh...

Dude.........patriots have issues. Slot reciever is NOT one of them. Get over it please.

Good luck, goodnight and please go away.

The Patriots didn't DOUCHE the guy as you claim. Wes Welker made the decision to walk. Plain and simple. You need to understand that. The Pats offered him 2 years at 8mil plus PRIOR to last season and he turned it down. Instead, he got a 1+1 deal worth 12 million.

But why is there a weekly thread and a thread everytime he scores a TD ? I dont get this nonsense.

Maybe because there are real live Pats fans out there that are angry our all time #1 receiver (and a good guy) was let go for trivial reasons and our team right now looks anemic in the offense dept? How's that for starters?

Letting Welker go was a huge mistake when it happened, and it's an even bigger mistake now. BB simply outsmarted himself this time.

Biggest mistake of the Belichick era? I think so.

The Pats record of 3-0 DESPITE letting Welker go shows that it wasn't a huge mistake. BB didn't outsmart himself at all.

If you think that letting Welker go was the biggest mistake of the BB era, you clearly haven't been watching for anything but the last couple of years.

Are we going to continue this conversation if the Pats are 4-0 after tonight? If they are 5-0 after next week?

Welker has looked really good the last few weeks. But his TD total is irrelevant. The Pats never used him as a red zone target on a consistent basis like the Broncos are. I doubt the Pats would be using him that way this year if he reupped with the Pats.

Fact of the matter, losing Welker hasn't hurt the Pats thus far. In a few weeks, we could be talking about how much the Pats miss him. But they would be 3-0 with or without Welker right now.

Pats made him an offer, he turned down and instead basically begged the Broncos to give him a deal comparable to what the Pats were asking.

If Welker really wanted to be here, he would be here. He'll end up probably making less with Denver than he would have if he stayed here.

If the Patriots offer was an insult to him and is the reason why he didn't come back then he would be in Tennessee right now because they reportedly offered him the most.

It takes two to tangle.

Maybe because there are real live Pats fans out there that are angry our all time #1 receiver (and a good guy) was let go for trivial reasons and our team right now looks anemic in the offense dept? How's that for starters?

Maybe you are just talking out your ARSE as well because there are MORE REAL LIVE PATS FANS who are focused on how this team has won WITHOUT Welker and without Gronkowski and without Hernandez and Without Amendola and without Vereen..

Welker had the chance to cash and and turned it down. Some day your will understand that. Unfortunately, it seems that day won't come anytime soon from the way you are whining.

Dude.........patriots have issues. Slot reciever is NOT one of them. Get over it please.

Good luck, goodnight and please go away.

I'll repost this when Edelman inevitably goes down. And PS, Edelman isn't half the receiver that WW is. Sorry if the truth is inconvenient.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back