PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The 1-5 New York Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot discount that this is a divisional game, and somehow Rex will have his team motivated and prepared for this game...

But deep in my heart I do believe that this will be a one sided win.. I wonder if on gangreen there is continual discussion about how Rex does not know how to draft?? While WR's seem to be our bane, the most important position on the field, QB is theirs...

Geno was Idzik's guy, Rex didn't want him. Sanchez was a train wreck, but he did lead them to back to back AFC Champ games and even came to Foxboro and eliminated us. WR's have been a major problem for them for many years.

Rex will send the heat over and over in this game. What else can he do? He's going to work his front, if we can keep TB up and protect him we will be fine. If we struggle like how Peyton struggled in the first quarter yesterday then it will be a close game.

ehhh.....

Not everyone wants to shell out the cash when they can get a better experience at home. Hockey and Baseball are better live. Basketball and football..... not so much
I disagree basketball is amazing live. Crowds are a lot of fun.

Last edited:
The question is will Rex get fired.

Obviously they are not coming into NE with the worst QB in football and winning, so is 1-6 enough to fire Ryan?

My money is on it. We will blow them out on Thursday night in front of a national audience, and I believe that will be enough to pull the trigger on Ryan.

I will be quite sad, though. Such a colorful character; always good for a laugh.

Even with the injuries, the Pats should have the upper hand with the Jets. That being said, Ryan always plays the Pats tough, even at Foxboro. BB needs to establish the running game early to avoid having the Jets D line just rush the passer on nearly every play. Without Ridley, there is no runner who can adequately hit the middle hard. Law Firm and Michael Bush are both a bit over the hill but they might be a short term plug in. Gray certainly has the size at 230 but, if he was that good, BB would have found a roster spot for him by now. A more deep concern for me is the middle of the O line. With Stork out and Connolly down with a concussion, Wendell is the only player with experience. A reshuffled O line may not hold up very well against a good Jet D line, unless the Pats can establish a ground game early to keep them honest. With Mayo out, Nink may need to spend some time at LB to take up the slack, although that will leave a hole at DE. With all the injuries, the available personnel makes a patch job very iffy. Hopefully, the Pats can limp through this game. Da Bears and the Horses are waiting in the wings.

I never take the Jets lightly. This will be a playoff game for them.

My money is on it. We will blow them out on Thursday night in front of a national audience, and I believe that will be enough to pull the trigger on Ryan.

I will be quite sad, though. Such a colorful character; always good for a laugh.

Ian Rapoport had this yesterday:

One reason Jets brought Rex Ryan back last year: They feared he’d be immediately hired as a head coach & make them pay. Same fear exists now

Seems like odd logic for keeping an under-performing coach. Jets way of thinking I guess.

No huddle, shotgun, Vereen ready for the draw.

EVERY. SINGLE. SNAP.
They did it against Minny a few years ago (when NO ONE ran on that line) and blew them out.

No time to rest on their laurels. Thursday night against the Jets is now looking like a trap game. But you gotta feel good about this group of receivers against the Jets secondary and linebackers. And, this defense against those quarterbacks feels a like a major mismatch.

Geno Smith had a big game at home against the Broncos: 4.3 yards per reception and a 70 passer rating. The Jets got one first down rushing. Do they really suck this bad or are they playing possum?

The schedule was kind. The Jets might be the worst 1-5 team in football.

View attachment 7091
Its the jest, i doubt any player is looking past playing Rexy and the Jest, or taking them lightly.
I remember Steve Nelson mentioning that the Pats naturally hate the jest even back in the mid seventies when joined the team.

Seems like odd logic for keeping an under-performing coach. Jets way of thinking I guess.

Really?!? He is setting the Jets back for years because he is unable to develop a QB or manage an offense, but they are worried that he will go somewhere else and be successful? I know Woody Johnson is an idiot who was born into money, but I didn't think he could be that dumb.

This is why I like Warren Buffett. He doesn't believe he should hand over his money to his kids and grandkids so they can just squander everything he built while they coast in life. I wish Dr. Johnson would have done the same with his children and grandchildren.... I take that back. If he did, the Jets might have gotten a competent owner.

I think he makes it through the season, whether we blow them out or not. Idzik isn't that kind of GM to dump his coach mid season. I don't think we rout them though, we seem to play to the level of team we are playing, and outside of a few routs since 2010, this series has always been close.

The Jet's defense actually played well against a better offense than ours. I think they give the Pats a tough fight, and the final score may be like what we saw in yesterday's Jet's game, a 31-17 or maybe a 37-22 like we did to Buffalo, but like that Buffalo game, a struggle. Of course, I'd prefer a 31-0 blowout in our favor.

Yep that sounds like the jests. Keep a coach and be terrible because you are scared he is gonna make you pay rather than bring in a new coach that may improve the situation. Sound logic.

What worries me is not rain but monsoon rain like the Cincy game last year where even Brady, the best mudder in football, simply could not throw.

If the trend continues for Thursday Night games, then someone is going to get blown out, it better not be the Pats.

I think he makes it through the season, whether we blow them out or not. Idzik isn't that kind of GM to dump his coach mid season. I don't think we rout them though, we seem to play to the level of team we are playing, and outside of a few routs since 2010, this series has always been close.

The Jet's defense actually played well against a better offense than ours. I think they give the Pats a tough fight, and the final score may be like what we saw in yesterday's Jet's game, a 31-17 or maybe a 37-22 like we did to Buffalo, but like that Buffalo game, a struggle. Of course, I'd prefer a 31-0 blowout in our favor.

Did the Jets defense play all that well against the Broncos? Manning completed 66.6% of his passes with 3 TDs and 0 INTs. And the Broncos rushed for 138 yards and 4.2 YPC against what is supposed to be the best run defense in the league. I think because they pressured Manning a bit (2 sacks, 3 QB hits) and the Broncos didn't score 40 plus points on offense, people are overrating the Jets' defensive performance yesterday.

The Broncos offense are not as good as people make them out to be. Other than against the Cards, they have been inconsistent all year. World beaters at times and mediocre at others.

Keeping Ryan around for the whole season is good protection for Idzik. With a 3-4 win season the big time heat will at some point be turned on Idzik and he can then protect himself by gassing Rex. Firing Rex mid season would be a very poor use of his chips, but then again it is the Jest we are talking about so toss logic right out the window

On the radio today Boomer said he watched the Jets game and the Pats games. Said Brady's arm is noticeably stronger than Manning's. Yet we don't read incessant posts about how Peyton is in decline and done. Sorry to disrupt the Pats fan Brady is done crowd.

Would have loved those tix, but I am out of town on Thursday and will have to catch the game however I can.

I see this game as tight early on with the Jest getting up for this game, but soon being overwhelmed by the talent and coaching gap. I don't expect this game to be very competitive at all by the middle of the third quarter. Another Thursday night blowout.

Did the Jets defense play all that well against the Broncos? Manning completed 66.6% of his passes with 3 TDs and 0 INTs. And the Broncos rushed for 138 yards and 4.2 YPC against what is supposed to be the best run defense in the league. I think because they pressured Manning a bit (2 sacks, 3 QB hits) and the Broncos didn't score 40 plus points on offense, people are overrating the Jets' defensive performance yesterday.

The Broncos offense are not as good as people make them out to be. Other than against the Cards, they have been inconsistent all year. World beaters at times and mediocre at others.
The Jet's defense forced Manning to throw some bad passes. It's their secondary that is their achilles heel. They have an excellent front 7 that can make a lot of QB's skittish. They were tied for the lead in sacks prior to yesterday's game. Seems to me that they were ok giving up the run to protect getting blown away by the pass, kept the ball out of Manning's hands as well, but that plan seemed to backfire. I believe the Pat's used the same gameplan in their win against Denver last season. Moreno had a career day against us, but Manning had pedestrian numbers against us.

Wait. Philip Adams is a starting CB for the Jets now? That doesn't seem fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3