PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The 1-5 New York Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
No time to rest on their laurels. Thursday night against the Jets is now looking like a trap game. But you gotta feel good about this group of receivers against the Jets secondary and linebackers. And, this defense against those quarterbacks feels a like a major mismatch.

Geno Smith had a big game at home against the Broncos: 4.3 yards per reception and a 70 passer rating. The Jets got one first down rushing. Do they really suck this bad or are they playing possum?

The schedule was kind. The Jets might be the worst 1-5 team in football.

Revis 8-2014.jpg

Last edited:
looking like a trap game.

I wouldn't say trap game in the usual sense... if we're 'down' on injuries, it could be more hard-fought than expected. If we're playing 2nd stringers, they should be dialed in to make the best of their opportunity, as well as do their best against a division rival.

The Jets are not beating this team at home lol.
Not going to happen.

Expect Rex Ryan's potential last game at the Razor to fittingly be a blow out

You can throw the records out for this game. Going to be a tight game with their Dline especially. But a win is huge for us in the division. with Miami losing.

If Stork and connolly cant go. We are in big trouble. Their DL gave fits to Denver. Big time. Need them

Otherwise their O sucks and our secondary will shut then down. Hightower hopefully can go

trap.jpg

Sure hope Hightower can play in this one. Need him OR Mayo.

Jets Dropped 8 into coverage and still got pressure. Pats gonna have to run and without Ridley. Time for White to show he was worth the pick.

Denver has one of the best Olines in the league, If the Jets can give them trouble one can only imagine how the Pats Oline will fare against them

I think Stork plays.

Hightower was a game time decision today which maybe with 3 more days he'll be good to go.

Denver has one of the best Olines in the league, If the Jets can give them trouble one can only imagine how the Pats Oline will fare against them

Probably extra TE (Hoowie) to help the OL.

I think Rex will throw everything at the Patriots, kitchen-sink as well. Rexy needs this game, otherwise, Rexy is on the unemployment line. Look for trick plays and blitzing constantly.

Jets Dropped 8 into coverage and still got pressure. Pats gonna have to run and without Ridley. Time for White to show he was worth the pick.

IMO - White is way overated as a RB.

No huddle, shotgun, Vereen ready for the draw.

EVERY. SINGLE. SNAP.

The thing about the Jets' d-line is sometimes it is smothering and others it is mediocre. I didn't watch today's game, but they have struggled pressuring the QB without blitzing this season. They are far better against the run than the pass.

With Milliner out for the season, they will not be able to blitz as much because their secondary absolutely sucks.

Wow. Lots of love for the Jets above. They're -62 in point difference after six games. Tough to win when you average -10 points per game.

The Jets average 16 ppg. The Pats average 27 ppg. Let's keep the Jets in perspective.

Wow. Lots of love for the Jets above. They're -62 in point difference after six games. Tough to win when you average -10 points per game.

The Jets average 16 ppg. The Pats average 27 ppg. Let's keep the Jets in perspective.

To be fair, I didn't see a single word of love for their offense or secondary. The Jets' defensive front 7 really is praiseworthy, but the rest of the team more than makes up for it.

Just went over to JI to toss some hand grenades at the refuse....and I just didn't have the heart to rip theirs out. I'm getting soft.

Brady is adapting like a chameleon and he just gets the ball out to quick. I'm predicting a huge game by Edelman and Lafell and I don't even think this game is going to be close to tell you the truth.

Just went over to JI to toss some hand grenades at the refuse....and I just didn't have the heart to rip theirs out. I'm getting soft.

There's still time, but you're under pressure of a short week. Celebrate tonight. Rip their hearts out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back