PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genius Joe Philbin

Today was a huge win, cements the Pats in first place. Now if they can beat Miami, not only will they have beaten all three AFC East teams and hold at least a two and a half game lead over the Jets and both Buffalo and Miami will be under .500.

A win Thursday and they can start making the Patriots 2015 AFC East shirts and caps.

Miller could be a thorn... Miami's QB situation is not quite NE's, but strikes more fear than NYJ's. It'll be interesting to see what "BB decides to take away".

It'll be interesting to see what "BB decides to take away".
Stack the run, double Landry, take your chances with everything else.

Thanks for the bulletin board material, dipshit
  1. CSNHdL8UcAAlfo2.jpg

CSNHdk0VAAAXsfl.jpg

I think the pats did pretty ok against the run today. I'm not too worried about Miami, I think the Jets are one of the two toughest teams they will play this season. Denver being #2.

I am thinking another Nail biter like this Jets game

So Miami has another Mensa candidate I see.

it's DatRealEret over here boy.. Miami Dolphins. Gotta eat. I'm starving outchea #FinsUp patna lets rock. WAVE YOUR WHITE FLAG ALL YOU WANT CUZ IM COLOR BLIND

I attempted to decipher that gibberish, but I stopped because I could sense myself becoming dumber every time I re-read that garbled nonsense.

Should be a tough game. It is not just who you play but when you're playing them. Catching any team that is hot is hard in the NFL. Right now Miami is hot and looking at their roster they clearly have talent.

Dolphins fan here:

Chris McCain doesn't even play. The guy is notoriously stupid on Twitter as well so I wouldn't take too much away from the rest of the team adopting that ridiculous mentality.

If we get Lewis, sheard cannon back I'm thinking a 10+ win. If not another close win. Either way I will be pretty happy with a win and no further injuries come Thursday night.

Dolphins fan here:

Chris McCain doesn't even play. The guy is notoriously stupid on Twitter as well so I wouldn't take too much away from the rest of the team adopting that ridiculous mentality.

He has a hashtag tattooed on his arm. That may be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

I have no idea what to make of this matchup. Hell, I thought the last couple games were going to be laughers, and they were tight. I kinda think this one might be tight, so maybe it'll be an epic blowout.

I'm #74 or something on alamo's game, so there's your guidance.

Miami thoughts:

Miami has a lot of depth on O but 4 principal guys to worry about:
  • Lamar Miller - Good running and okay pass catcher but won't kill you that way.
  • Jarvis Landry - Talented. Period.
  • Rishard Matthews - Under the radar but his stats and big play ability speak for itself (big time endzone threat too).
  • Jordan Cameron - 6'5 260 TE that can catch.

The way Chung is playing right now I feel he can limit Cameron a fair amount but will not shut him out. Landry/Matthews are not that tall but can play physical a bit and are both very quick and fast. I don't think the Pats CBs will be out muscled like they were sometimes today but will need to cover well.

Tannehill is a pretty good QB. Borderline top 10 and can run a bit too. I don't think with these WRs you can just sit back and wait for him to make a bad play. You need to get after him but under control. I don't mind going undersized as long as we keep gap discipline.

Millar is not a RB that generally runs more than 20 times a game. Just keep your gap discipline and don't give up big runs. I don't think this is a team we want to commit an extra guy into the box in. Their pass catchers are too good.

I am hoping the front 6 can do what it did today and hold the line and have Hightower and Collins not let him through the gaps. Honestly I am not worried about Millar beating us. It is the 3 pass catchers that worry me. Millar is good but not great.

On offense just get healthy and stop the pass rush of Miami. If they don't get home consistently with the pass rush the Pats will be fine on O. Cameron Wake has served the Pats their lunch in the past. Suh is gonna be a bit of a pain but he is not the kind of guy the Pats traditionally have issues with. Wake is the biggiest issue and the best DE we have seen since Greg Hardy.

No 1 on 1 with him. Bump him every time no matter what.

Last edited:
Yeah Miami is rolling and whatever, but honestly, Houston today looked a lot like Miami looked in London.

At times, they didn't even look like they were trying to tackle. Possibly the most lackluster, pathetic performance since, since...Miami in London. They gave up four 50+ yard TDs in the first half. They were just ridiculously awful.

Dolphins fan here:

Why doesn't your team shut the moron up, then? I can't imagine a Pats sub spouting off like that and having a career last more than a few microseconds after.

having said that, congrats on the new coach. takes balls to hire a TE coach with not even coordinator experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back