PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots open as 10.5 point favorites vs Miami in NFL week 8 advanced lookahead lines

John Morgan

The New England Patriots have opened up as 10½ point favorites at home versus Miami in early ‘look-ahead’ advanced lines posted by the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook for NFL week eight. The AFC East rivals will kick off next week’s league action next Thursday in Foxboro. This weekend in early afternoon action the 5-0 Pats host the 4-1 Jets, while 2-3 Miami hosts 2-4 Houston; both of those games start at 1:00 pm eastern time.

Other than the Pats-Fins (of course), the best game should be between a pair of undefeated teams as the Packers play Broncos on Sunday night; other good matchups include the Bengals at Steelers in an early afternoon game, and Indy at Carolina on Monday night.

Continue reading...

Miami will be looking at this game as an opportunity to get back into the playoff picture. Coming off a game where they were up 41-0 at halftime and had four plays of 50+ yards, the Dolphins will have plenty of confidence for Thursday's game. The Fins have outscored their opponents 82-36 since they made their coaching change.

Right now it looks as though the Patriots, Bengals, Broncos and Colts will win their divisions.

At the moment the the prime contenders for the two wild card spots are the Steelers (4-3) and Jets (4-2). If the Dolphins are able to pull off the upset then they advance to 4-3. No other AFC teams are in a position to have a winning record at the conclusion of week 8.

Very tricky after a hard fought win. That coach has them playing well.

Yikes, will be staying away from that line.

I don't know what to think about this matchup.

We're on to Miami

and boy, are they firing on all cylinders now....
  • After averaging just 16.3 PPG in the 4 games under Joe Philbin, the Dolphins have outscored opponents by 46 points since Dan Campbell took over as Head Coach -- averaging 41 PPG.
  • Tannehill extended his two-game streak to 25 consecutive completions, an NFL record, before he threw his only incompletion in the fourth quarter. He also completed his first 18 passes and showed deadly accuracy for 282 yards, four touchdowns and a 158.3 passer rating
  • Today, Miami became the first team since at least 1940 to score four offensive touchdowns of at least 50 yards in a half. Miami led 41-0 at halftime, making the drubbing even more emphatic than the 38-10 win at Tennessee a week earlier.

Did I mention they have a young, energetic coach :)

Last edited:
They're fun. Personally: I think Ra-Ra works great in college. Less so with adult millionaires. BB knows how to run a team of professionals. We'll see on Thursday.

We have to stop Lamar Miller and Jarvis Landry. I'm feeling good if we can limit those two.

They're fun. Personally: I think Ra-Ra works great in college. Less so with adult millionaires. BB knows how to run a team of professionals. We'll see on Thursday.

Considering what they had before Campbell, that team needed some ra-ra.

We're on to Miami

• After averaging just 16.3 PPG in the 4 games under Joe Philbin, the Dolphins have outscored opponents by 46 points since Dan Campbell took over as Head Coach -- averaging 41 PPG.
  • Tannehill extended his two-game streak to 25 consecutive completions, an NFL record, before he threw his only incompletion in the fourth quarter. He also completed his first 18 passes and showed deadly accuracy for 282 yards, four touchdowns and a 158.3 passer rating
  • Today, Miami became the first team since at least 1940 to score four offensive touchdowns of at least 50 yards in a half. Miami led 41-0 at halftime, making the drubbing even more emphatic than the 38-10 win at Tennessee a week earlier.

Shiny new HC with only 3 days to prepare for the Patriots....

We're on to Miami

He reminds me of Gronk if he became a head coach. :D

He reminds me of Gronk if he became a head coach. :D

LOL, Belichick said it himself: Gronk has some serious leadership traits that are under-appreciated. It's amazing he hasn't become a Team Captain yet.

@PP_Rich_Hill:

Patriots managed to win while resting Lewis, Cannon, Mason, Sheard.
Four guys that play 65+% of snaps.
Potential "reinforcements" vs Miami.​

Would love to see lafell have a big game after a tough game today. You can throw on these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back