PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker questionable for the Bills game - When was he injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has strained lips - from running his mouth during the Colts game. :)
I think he has strained lips - from running his mouth during the Colts game. :)
I think he has strained lips - from running his mouth during the Colts game.

Is that an echo or did CBS mess up your computer?

Anyone else think BB is being very cautious with his players this season,so that anyone who may have a slight injury is given a game or two off to make sure they are healed and rested before playing again,so a minor injury is not aggravated and turned into a major one?I believe he was playing Maroney sparingly a few weeks ago,as we lost Morris and didnt want to end up down two running backs with the playoffs looming in a month and a half....

I heard its possible Welker may not play in this weekends game,He has been listed as questionable all week and little participation in practice.

Did he sustain an injury in the Colts game? or is this another BS report from the Pats injury report?

For the record, not "little participation in practice," but "limited participation in practice." The way I understand it, if they excuse Welker from even a single scheduled practice activity, they have to list him as "limited participation."

Rofl u know he will be playing... BB aint fooling anybody

I bet if a player just sneezed or farted, BB will be the first one to put him as questionable for the next game. :)

gotta love the man

I didn't hear about an injury either. I hope he's playing, the guy is amazing to watch.

Re: Vrabel too!

Oh, that could be.

If it's the flu the report is supposed to list "flu" as the reason for him being questionable. It simply says "team decision" which is the same thing it says for Vrabel. Funny thing, both Vrabel and Welker have given interviews this week, and seem fine.....they'll play.

The Pats have been giving different players some time off from practice throughout the season, and I think this is likely what's going on here.

Rofl u know he will be playing... BB aint fooling anybody

I bet if a player just sneezed or farted, BB will be the first one to put him as questionable for the next game. :)

gotta love the man

Maybe he sneezed and farted at the same time. :eek: Hearsay is that it has repercussions.

Welker is a small man, he's probably just a little dinged up and tired from catching so many passes this year! He has been a dynamo on the field, probably just a little sore like everyone else.

No, he got in shape by catching passes against us last year.

"Team decision" means that if he doesn't play it will be because of a "team decision", not an injury or sickness.

I know, after listening to Bellispeak for so long, it can be hard to understand plain, simple English. ;)

"Team decision" means that if he doesn't play it will be because of a "team decision", not an injury or sickness.

I know, after listening to Bellispeak for so long, it can be hard to understand plain, simple English. ;)

Not true. I remember when Moss was recovering from his hammy BB listed him as "Team Decision." Besides, what besides injury could be the reason? Discipline?!?

Not true. I remember when Moss was recovering from his hammy BB listed him as "Team Decision." Besides, what besides injury could be the reason? Discipline?!?

He did not list Moss as team decision when he was recovering from his hammy. Once you are cleared to play you don't have an injury unless you re-injure or aggrevate it. That is why sometimes Dungy lists players like Harrison as a team decision - he's been cleared to play weeks ago but they are still concerned about his ability to play long term. So they are in effect resting him as a team decision.

Team decision is also used when a player has a personal or business issue he needs to attend to and the team is willing to allow him to miss practice time to handle it. This, or a desire to rest a hard worker, are the likely reasons Welker was a team decision. If he's there and in meetings and familiar with the plan, he doesn't need to practice to prove to them he is capable of executing it.

BB may in fact have wanted to see Troy Brown get some first team slot reps this week as he assesses his usefulness going forward. He couldn't really assess him in the preparation for the Colts, and it's impossible to assess a player during the bye when you deservedly sent the team home to rest for 6 days, and next week we face an opponent we seldom see who can at times play competitively. And by then more roster decisions need to be made.

Absent a body part listing, I'm not the least bit concerned about Welker's status.

Last edited:
He did not list Moss as team decision when he was recovering from his hammy. Once you are cleared to play you don't have an injury unless you re-injure or aggrevate it. That is why sometimes Dungy lists players like Harrison as a team decision - he's been cleared to play weeks ago but they are still concerned about his ability to play long term. So they are in effect resting him as a team decision.

Team decision is also used when a player has a personal or business issue he needs to attend to and the team is willing to allow him to miss practice time to handle it. This, or a desire to rest a hard worker, are the likely reasons Welker was a team decision. If he's there and in meetings and familiar with the plan, he doesn't need to practice to prove to them he is capable of executing it.

BB may in fact have wanted to see Troy Brown get some first team slot reps this week as he assesses his usefulness going forward. He couldn't really assess him in the preparation for the Colts, and it's impossible to assess a player during the bye when you deservedly sent the team home to rest for 6 days, and next week we face an opponent we seldom see who can at times play competitively. And by then more roster decisions need to be made.

Absent a body part listing, I'm not the least bit concerned about Welker's status.

We all can only speculate as to what is going on. My point is that Moss was listed as "team decision" when the reason was concern not to re-injure the hamstring. Technically he can be able to play and still listed as questionable and "team decision" due to injury (as was Moss). Of hte remaining theories, my favorite is to get Brown more snaps. That would explain "limited" practice but would not explain "questionable" for the game. Maybe we will find out in a book after the season.

BB gives veterans days off everynow and then. Moss had his team decision of not practicing before...Vrabel..Welker, few others as well

either personal matters hes taking care of or just veteran treatment

What I don't get is why some of you are assuming he missed like the whole practice. He's listed as 'limited participation' which means he could of sat out of practice for like 5 minutes. He's playing. He's not hurt.

You saved me the trouble of posting this. I assumed Welker missed practice for personal reasons, but the Troy Brown or Jackson situation certainly gives BB a chance to follow the letter of the law when it comes to filling out the injury report. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes