PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower to the Patriots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for that real 3-4 DE monster, but maybe BB figures he'll go with Wilfork and the journeyman types and attack the line with LBs. Seemed to work pretty well with carter and Anderson and these guys are bigger.

The only 34 DE "monsters" in this draft were maaaaybe Brockers and Fletcher Cox.

Brockers is a boom or bust guy that isn't good at rushing the passer.

Neither were available at our picks anyways. What we needed was OLB/DE's that could get to the QB, and Jones and Hightower both fit that role.

Jones and Hightower are both OLB's in our 34.

In a 43, Jones goes to DE and Hightower stays at OLB.

I have no Cuse games (have one but Jones doesn't play) but I will be doing 5 Dont'a Hightower vids. 2 from LSU, Florida, PSU and Auburn.

I have no Cuse games (have one but Jones doesn't play) but I will be doing 5 Dont'a Hightower vids. 2 from LSU, Florida, PSU and Auburn.

If you have the championship game, I think he was the real MVP in that game.

Jones was injured a lot this year no?

Can't wait for the Hightower highlights....

...Stil think Oregon would have beat LSU and Bama, ya I said it!!!

(Maybe not)

Last edited:
I remember that game. He was impressive.

Yes he was. What really impressed me was how disciplined he was. He shut down the admittedly bad LSU option game. I thought then that BB would love his assignment discipline.

Yes he was. What really impressed me was how disciplined he was. He shut down the admittedly bad LSU option game. I thought then that BB would love his assignment discipline.
That makes the signing of Hightower smart given we'll be seeing the option twice a year. ;)

Hightower seems like a very versatile and intelligent football player. Great pick.

Yes but from 1 injury. Knee I believe.

Correct. "Injured a lot" was bad wording by me. Thanks Ninja.

Pretty pumped about the pats picks so far. Looks like the finishing touches on the rebuild(starting 09) by Beli..

Amazingly, Bedard, Mayock, Don Banks and numerous draft experts (most importantly fans) all agree -- The Pats got their men.

Remember Jason Pierre-Paul had great measurables, just a year w/ a Florida school, and a fast-riser. The Giants picked him as a pass-rusher @15, two picks ahead of NE picking Solder last year. So, Pierre-Paul worked out great for the Gints.

Chandler Jones is this year's Pierre-Paul, similar measurables, lack of college production but great motor and potential. Those are rare traits that can't be taught. Great pedigree too. The rest is coachable.

Hightower is a versatile LB who was coveted by Steelers, Ravens, Jets. Coached by Saban. So there. BB got him.

Great for the Pats. Decisive. Quality. ImPact!!!!!!

I think the drafting today just might have writing on the wall for Mr. Cunningham if he doesnt have a super tremendous TC

Anyone find it interesting that BB chose Hightower over his teammate Courtney Upshaw???

Upshaw looked bummed out too, when congratulating Hightower in the green room.

Im guessing BB loved Hightowers versatility, and Upshaw killed himself by weighing in at almost 280lbs at his pro day.

Anyone find it interesting that BB chose Hightower over his teammate Courtney Upshaw???

Upshaw looked bummed out too, when congratulating Hightower in the green room.

Im guessing BB loved Hightowers versatility, and Upshaw killed himself by weighing in at almost 280lbs at his pro day.
That and he had 0 explosion from his stance at the combine.

That and he had 0 explosion from his stance at the combine.

Ninja--do you know if one or both of our picks so far were official pre-draft visits in Foxborough?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back