PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower to the Patriots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...to be honest, I reacted in panic about Buffalo once...yeah...about thirty years ago my area supervisor said he was sending me up to Buffalo to open a new branch...yeah, we were at this bar in Faneuil Hall after work and he hits me with THIS news...I turned white.,..then he and the rest of the office broke out into loud ,raucous laughter....that day was April 1st...still....I get nervous even thinking about that barfalo wing infested sewer.

Here's a tiny thing I want to know about Chandler Jones:

• He has a brother who knows about getting drafted in the NFL.
  • His father is a pastor, so probably he's a regular churchgoer, at least while he's home.

So why didn't he have dress clothes available? :)

(Note: I don't own a suit, and I've keynoted events at which hundreds of attendees were wearing one, so I sympathize. But the question stands.)

• His father is a pastor, so probably he's a regular churchgoer, at least while he's home.

(Note: I don't own a suit, and I've keynoted events at which hundreds of attendees were wearing one, so I sympathize. But the question stands.)

He DID have a suit. He literally gave it to an old lady who was cold. Stand up guy.

That story comes straight from Robert Kraft.

I thought I saw him in jacket and tie on Draft day. Maybe he's just a big guy who gets uncomfortable wearing a jacket since he can't yet afford the custom tailors who fit dudes like him.

I kind of hope we have more important things to worry about out here and, so, I think I'll give the guy a big "pass" on this one.

Last edited:
I thought I saw him in jacket and tie on Draft day. Maybe he's just a big guy who gets uncomfortable wearing a jacket since he can't yet afford the custom tailors who fit dudes like him.

I kind of hope we have more important things to worry about out here and, so, I think I'll give the guy a big "pass" on this one.

You didn't see him in a jacket and tie on Draft day because he wasn't at the draft.

He was at home, in a t-shirt. Look at the pic in the OP.

Last edited:
oh no!!!!...not.... T SHIRT GATE!!!!!

McShay said Jones was the best pick of the entire draft.

Plus he kinda looks like Avon Barksdale.

Jones went to Foxboro jacket less. Apparently he gave it to an elderly woman on his way there (no joke)

ArhXwuACQAQlLRX.jpg

suddenly our defense doesn't seem so bad

The DT's look fine. Bit worried about those DE's on the end though.

Last edited:

I know it's probably not a serious question but as it happens I read something about this at the weekend. The reasn he showed up at Gillette with no suit jacket, sleeves rolled up and trousers that seem an inch too short is because his family had all gathered at his brother, Jon Bones Jones, home for the draft. Chandler had never even thought of bringing dress clothes with him and ended up having to borrow ill-fitting clothes from his brother.

I'll admit I didn't spend a lot of time looking at Jones or Hightower since I didn't think the Pats would have a chance to get either of them. Since Thursday, I've been digging into exactly what the Pats have.

Jones vs. Aldon Smith
I was going to look into this comparison but found an Eagles fan did it for me. As far as physical measurements and testing, they could be clones. Smith played in a pass-happy league in college while Jones certainly did not, so it is hard to directly compare their college production. Suffice to say that Smith is a good estimation of what Jones can become if he works hard and Belichick unleashes him.

Hightower vs. Ray Lewis
Not necessarily a great physical match (Hightower is bigger and Lewis is/was faster) but I'm not the only one thinking along these lines. They do look remarkably similar in how they operate in the middle of the field, diagnosing the play, attacking the hole and erasing the ball carrier or QB. While he can play a rush end (and should from time to time), I'm thinking Hightower shouldn't stray from a traditional MLB role too often.

While these comparisons are way premature, I think it does give a strong indication as to how the defense should adapt to use these guys to maximum effect.

Jones vs. Aldon Smith
I was going to look into this comparison but found an Eagles fan did it for me. As far as physical measurements and testing, they could be clones. Smith played in a pass-happy league in college while Jones certainly did not, so it is hard to directly compare their college production. Suffice to say that Smith is a good estimation of what Jones can become if he works

What stands out to me in that link is how Jones compares combine numbers wise to JPP :eek: talk about a physical freak!

Now let's hope he has the same impact on the field as him too.

I just watched a 5 minute video regarding Chandler Jones. I did not know he has a brother who plays for the Ravens and is the younger brother of Jon "Bones" Jones.

Lets go Jones!

Sanchez and Tebows future nightmares.......

DSP24730--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

DSP24750--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

media

guess Chandlers a red sox fan now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft