PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower to the Patriots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jets fans trying to down play our picks...big time

hightower is a great pick, but alot of this board was down on the idea of drafting jones, till NE drafted jones

Re: Picking at 21 - Chandler Jones!!!

I see Hightower being used in multiple ways in our defense.

Will probably be used like Ninkovich. Rushing the passer. Dropping into the flat.

I don't think Hightower is as slow and stiff as Spikes. Spikes is strictly a ILB. Hightower has experience playing DE and OLB.

What was jones and hightowers knee injuries?

I know they both had surgery

Hightower blew out his left knee.. had to reconstruct his ACL/MCL/MS

Jones.. just a nagging knee injury I believe.. Unspecified.

hightower is a great pick, but alot of this board was down on the idea of drafting jones, till NE drafted jones

I said I wanted C.Jones a few weeks ago and was down on Nick Perry

Apparently BB agreed :rocker:

tumblr_l83n44vdKw1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

LOL, you're here enough to know how this board rolls.

Got to feel sorry for Ryan Tannehill. Just come in to a division where Mario williams signed and two pass rushers were taken in the first round. Duck!!!

Loving it. I'm convinced BB is in love with these 2 players. Combine that with top 10 pick Mayo and emerging inspirational leader Spikes, quality depth Ninko and Flethcher, LB is looking the best its been in years. :D

Hightower blew out his left knee.. had to reconstruct his ACL/MCL/MS

You had to tell us that didn't you. You just had to. :enranged:

Jones.. just a nagging knee injury I believe.. Unspecified.

Well... okay then on that one.

I was all like "Who is in the war room and what have they done w/Bill Belichick?"

Hopefully when they do stuff everybody sez is good it works out as well as when everybody sez it sucks.

And unless they trade back down or something... we all get the weekend free!

PFnV

I said that after our free agency signings that if we sorted out the D with big players in the draft that we would go back to the SB, and guess what? We have and will be back next year.

Seymour is a 43 DT... 34 DE
Jones is a 43 DE... 34 OLB

Yes, AKA, Elephant.

Seymore 6.6/22yrs/295
Jones 6.55/20.5yrs/270

Same height, Jones is 20lbs lighter, but over a year and half younger than Sey at draft. He's really young. He could easily add 10-20lbs...maybe. But I see your point, he's not quite the same physical package.

Either way, I was referring to how he has that tall langy DE look that ole' Sey has.

pdangle said:
Jones' body type and his moves on film reminds me of a young Seymour. He should fill out too as he ages a few more months. Probably a steal as he played sparingly and gets better as the knee heals fully. Good pick.

Seymour is a 43 DT... 34 DE

Jones is a 43 DE... 34 OLB

Mayock was talking about Jones getting up to 280lbs by next year so they may see him as a 3-4DE in the future. He has the frame to fill out.

I said that after our free agency signings that if we sorted out the D with big players in the draft that we would go back to the SB, and guess what? We have and will be back next year.

Alright lets take it easy. A lot can happen between now and next January.

See: 2008.

Mayock was talking about Jones getting up to 280lbs by next year so they may see him as a 3-4DE in the future. He has the frame to fill out.

Let me know when he gets up to 320.

I was hoping for that real 3-4 DE monster, but maybe BB figures he'll go with Wilfork and the journeyman types and attack the line with LBs. Seemed to work pretty well with carter and Anderson and these guys are bigger.

Alright lets take it easy. A lot can happen between now and next January.

See: 2008.

I understand but in all seriousness, who improved more than the Pats in this off season and who had a better draft of all the contenders in the AFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes