PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower to the Patriots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab Harrison Smith and call it a draft. .... damn... just drafted by Vikings. Oh well.. a safety and our annual cornerback in round two, then.

Re: Welcome Chandler Jones to the Patriots!!

McClellan's durability is far worse... he's had 3 concussions already... That's 1 concussion away from sitting out 16 games!

Very happy with Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower. Both can rush the passer and have ideal size for BB defense.
ty i didnt know that. i hope we got the guy bb wanted first. concussions are no joke. and hes already off to a rough start. welcome aboard chandler jones.

How do 3 ILBs Mayo, Spikes, Hightower play together?

love the talent but wondering....

How do 3 ILBs Mayo, Spikes, Hightower play together?

love the talent but wondering....

Rotate and keep them fresh all game/season long, injury insurance. Put Mayo outside from time to time... lots of ways! Flexibility is a great thing!

Last edited:
Jones' body type and his moves on film reminds me of a young Seymour. He should fill out too as he ages a few more months. Probably a steal as he played sparingly and gets better as the knee heals fully. Good pick.

Love these picks...very good day for us pats fans :D:rocker:

That and the jets got a bum LOLOL

Last edited:
The best thing about both picks is that now BB can throw a lot more looks now on D. Hightower is a jack of trade who can line up anywhere. The best thing I like about Hightower is his ability to be the nickel in Alabama's schemes. I think this will carry over. This guy is a good run-plugger and would have gone earlier but for the reconstructed knee.. I think he is very close to 100% now because he had a lot more speed the 2nd half of his last season.

Hightower will play OLB. He can also play DE.

Possibly some ILB on 3rd downs. Spikes doesn't always play 3rd downs. After all, we did have Tracy White playing ILB for us this year.

We can finally have a SB were our D doesn't look like garbage and we can get to the QB with regularity now.

Jones' body type and his moves on film reminds me of a young Seymour. He should fill out too as he ages a few more months. Probably a steal as he played sparingly and gets better as the knee heals fully. Good pick.

Seymour is a 43 DT... 34 DE

Jones is a 43 DE... 34 OLB

jets fans trying to down play our picks...big time

Never thought i'd see BB draft and OLB in the first round, never mind an OLB and DE.

Re: Picking at 21 - Chandler Jones!!!

I'm glad we picked front 7 defensive guys. I have faith in BB that these guys can contribute and I guess we'll wait and see. But my initial reaction to these picks are:

Jones and his injury issues and the fact that he didn't really dominate Big East competition. Not from what I saw anyways. But I didn't see all of his games so take that with a grain of salt.

Hightower is an ILB who's strength is playing downhill, is strong at the point of attack, but lacking speed to cover guys on passing plays. Don't we have this guy in Spikes already?

We'll see what happens. I'm sure BB has roles that he's envisioned for these guys.

chandler jones

6'5 265lbs. De/olb

pats trade up and get their guy. Pass rusher. Great size. High potential. Mayock thinks he's gonna be the best defensive player from this whole draft class.

:rocker: First time ive been happy with our 1st rd in a loooong time.

chandler-jones1_original_display_image.jpg

dont'a hightower

6'4 260lbs ilb/olb/de from alabama.

hightower.jpg

patriots trade up and draft hightower before baltimore, who was reportedly wanting to groom him as rey lewis replacement.

I think bb will use him similar to how he wanted to use adalius thomas in our defense... He can play any linebacker position, and defensive end.

6'4"?.............................

What was jones and hightowers knee injuries?

I know they both had surgery

Re: Picking at 21 - Chandler Jones!!!

Hightower is an ILB who's strength is playing downhill, is strong at the point of attack, but lacking speed to cover guys on passing plays. Don't we have this guy in Spikes already?

Hightower will likely play on the edge in run situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back