PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be kind of interesting to have one guy sitting out of everything for four games, seeing and hearing pretty much only what we are seeing and hearing, then rejoining the team at a very low point. His perspective is unique. His energy is untapped. His frustration is not performance based, it is from having to helplessly watch this debacle.

I really hope he bring some fresh air into this team. They all need to breathe a little better.
Browner was allowed to work out at the stadium during his suspension because it wasn't for PEDs. Tyms was not. Regardless, it will be good to see him take the field.

Funny how people were complaining about his coverage during preseason but now can't wait to see him on the field.

When they signed him i thought they would do that and play him similar to Chancellor in Seattle
I don't think he is mobile enough for that. Takes to big steps and bends at his waist instead of at his knees when he tackles. His mobility isn't really suited for playing in open space.

CB1 - Revis
CB2 - Browner
Nickel - Dennard
Dime - Arrington
S1 - McCourty
S2 - Ryan

That's the secondary I want to see Sunday night. Press man across the board unless situation and/or down and distance call for off man/zone. From there, Patricia should be able to utilize some of his more creative blitzes up from to either stop the run or move Dalton off his spot. This would all be assuming health on top of the coaches pulling their heads out of their asses.

sounds good. if only you could get this message to BB and patricia. we're going to play our regular vanilla defense and bend but hopefully don't break.

I see Browner playing about 40-50% snaps tomorrow

I see Browner playing about 40-50% snaps tomorrow

You honestly thought that Browner would be seeing more than some (minor) situational reps when he had the opportunity to take part in one practice on a short week?

I think the main question was whether or not he'd be seeing 10-15 snaps to get his feet wet. The answer to that question seems to be "no."

Sounds like Hightower may be a question mark. Davis to be activated from PS.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 12m12 minutes ago
Source: despite being eligible to return from suspension (& activated), it's unlikely that Patriots CB Brandon Browner will play in Week 5.

giphy.gif

So, it seems that there may no transactions today and two by Monday night.

BTW, I find it interesting that Reiss expects Browner to play and Yates does not.

Well we just lost .. What the hell is the point of holding him out

1) He is not in football shape--not even close. How could he be?

2) He would only have seen a small amount of reps anyway to get his feet wet, so apparently Belichick does not feel that it is worth wasting a precious spot on the 46 man active roster for 10-15-20 situational reps

3) Browner has no idea what the hell they are doing back there, at an area (and situation with their backs against the wall) that is obviously important to our chances of winning the game. I would imagine that they'd like to have him gaining some proper chemistry and communication before throwing him out there

4) He took part in one lousy practice on a shortened week. We have all of next week and a 10 day "mini bye week" coming up after the BUF/NYJ games in 4 days from each other to try and get him acclimated

Dennard is the much greater concern.

Absolutely.

I was under the hope that Ryan would have been able to hold the fort down during his (expected) absence after Ryan had a good preseason and TC. It's unfortunate that has not been the case.

1) He is not in football shape--not even close. How could he be?

2) He would only have seen a small amount of reps anyway to get his feet wet, so apparently Belichick does not feel that it is worth wasting a precious spot on the 46 man active roster for 10-15 situational reps

3) Browner has no idea what the hell they are doing back there, at an area (and situation of their backs against the wall) that is obviously important to our chances of winning the game

4) He took part in one lousy practice on a shortened week. We have all of next week and a 10 day "mini bye week" coming up after the BUF/NYJ games in 4 days from each other to try and get him acclimated

The only time he can get into football shape is, you know....actually playing football. He's a professional athlete. He had a pre-season, a training camp, he knows the playbook. He hasn't been sitting on his couch eating Cheetos the last four weeks. How is Welker able to jump off the couch after his suspension but Browner isn't?

The only time he can get into football shape is, you know....actually playing football. He's a professional athlete. He had a pre-season, a training camp, he knows the playbook. He hasn't been sitting on his couch eating Cheetos the last four weeks. How is Welker able to jump off the couch after his suspension but Browner isn't?

#1) I am simply telling you the reasoning for why Belichick likely didn't mess with that situation this week. That is all. You can choose whether or not you wish to agree with it.

2) If you don't understand the differences between Wes Welker, his limited 3rd down snaps that he received last week in his first game back and his rapport/chemistry with his QB Peyton Manning

vs

Brandon Browner, the difference in responsibility, and his lack of chemistry in a complex secondary (mainly zone) scheme, playing in his very first game ever on a shortened week with ONE practice opportunity, then nothing I say can help to explain it.

Absolutely.

I was under the hope that Ryan would have been able to hold the fort down during his (expected) absence after Ryan had a good preseason and TC. It's unfortunate that has not been the case.

That 2013 draft looks worse by the day.

I don't believe that you've been paying much attention to Belichick's press conferences this week, where he openly discussed the differences in "football shape" vs anything that you are bringing up. I trust Belichick's assessment and experience in these kinds of situations.

For the record, I share some of your frustration that he's not going to get his feet wet in a limited role this week. I also believe that many here are drastically overrating his skills in the hopes that he'll suddenly be the savior to our team's woes. When used properly he can attempt to use his size on the line of scrimmage to help throw off the timing, and his physicality should help as well.

After tomorrow's game, we have 2 divisional games in a 10 day period, followed by another mini bye week consisting of 10 days. Somewhere during that time, Browner should be back and contributing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore