PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browner is a great tackler and should help against the run. I do expect us to work Browner in slowly this week
I would move him to safety and ask him to play the enforcer role but of course I dont know much about football so..

I would move him to safety and ask him to play the enforcer role but of course I dont know much about football so..

When they signed him i thought they would do that and play him similar to Chancellor in Seattle

I was mocked and ridiculed last week for asking Revis to stop playing off man and now everyone this week is on board with it. Man how things change in less than a week.

Just watched this video:

The man has made some huge plays in his career so far. Hopefully he can do some of that in NE starting this week.

Who is going to be released for browner and tyms ?

I was mocked and ridiculed last week for asking Revis to stop playing off man and now everyone this week is on board with it. Man how things change in less than a week.

Why? It isn't anything that a lot of us haven't been saying since Week 1.

Welcome, indeed. It would be nice to see Alphonso Dennard on the active roster this week as well. The whole idea was to have Revis and Dennard start, with Browner in situational coverage, and Arrington on the smaller slot receivers. That will most certainly help this defense get more aggressive.

Who is going to be released for browner and tyms ?
The first question is if they'll move anyone. I think it would be shocking if Browner didn't get on to the 53 this week. To do that, they could release Don Jones, Harmon, Chung, Wilson, Butler.

Tyms is a different question altogether. Was he just insurance in case a WR went down in weeks 1-4? Do they release him and see if he clears to get on their practice squad? I would be surprised if any WR is let go to make room for him.

Just watched this video:

The man has made some huge plays in his career so far. Hopefully he can do some of that in NE starting this week.

Love his attitude. Maybe the type of guy we need on D

Last edited:
When is the deadline to add Browner to the 53 man roster? Can they not do it this week? In this case until he gets added in what kind of "state" he is as a player?

When is the deadline to add Browner to the 53 man roster? Can they not do it this week? In this case until he gets added in what kind of "state" he is as a player?
They have to make a decision by next Monday at 4 p.m. Both Browner and Tyms have one game exemptions now. If either are to play Sunday, cut(s) have to be made first.

Why? It isn't anything that a lot of us haven't been saying since Week 1.
Apparently to some of the older memebers it was a "waste of time" to even discuss it if I didn't understand what they were doing.

Insert Jonah Hill "F Me Right?" meme here

Huh? Can you quote those posters? I haven't seen a single person argue that the Patriots have used Revis correctly.
To not ruffle feathers or bash other members (as Ian is watching for this now) all I can say is Im glad Im not alone this week.

One guy is not going to make much of a difference, especially when we know he will be misused. Browner has never been a difference maker anyways. He is a guy who can come in and contribute and be an integral piece of a good defense. Unfortunately, that won't be the case here because this defense is far from good. Possibly the worst we've had in the Belichick era.

The comments I just heard Belichick say on 98.5 makes me think Browner won't be playing this week.

The comments I just heard Belichick say on 98.5 makes me think Browner won't be playing this week.

I bet it's because he "mouthed off" about Matt Patricia's weight.

What comments were those?

What comments were those?

"You can go out there and run laps around the field forever and do sit-ups but until you put the other 21 guys out there on the field, it's different," Belichick said. "You just can't simulate football without 22 guys on the field. Just can't do it. Being in condition is important. Certainly not minimizing that. But playing football is playing football. It's not doing wind sprints. That's part of conditioning, but it's not part of playing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back