PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 2013 draft looks worse by the day.

Yeah, I know that you weren't a fan of choosing to pass up other talent in the decision to select Jamie Collins all the way at #52. I am quickly realizing why you felt so strongly about your stance.

For the record, I wasn't crazy about the decision to wait all the way to #52 either, although I tried to see the positives from gaining extra picks. Of course those extra picks don't help if they don't pay off.

So, it seems that there may no transactions today and two by Monday night.

BTW, I find it interesting that Reiss expects Browner to play and Yates does not.

Well, it's been a tough week for "sources" and a good week for Reiss, so we'll see.

And yes, would be good to see Dennard back there.

Yeah, I know that you weren't a fan of choosing to pass up other talent in the decision to select Jamie Collins all the way at #52. I am quickly realizing why you felt so strongly about your stance.

For the record, I wasn't crazy about the decision to wait all the way to #52 either, although I tried to see the positives from gaining extra picks. Of course those extra picks don't help if they don't pay off.

I don't want to go too far afield with this, and I recognize that 2013 players are still developing, but just to look at what I wanted to go with, specifically, and keeping BB's picks the rest of the way:

2013 alternate draft, even dropping down instead of taking Elam/Cyprien:

Swearinger (I wasn't all about him, but he's the only one of the 3 left by the time of the Collins pick)
Dobson
Wheaton (Gotten with a trade up, I'm spending high, sending the Harmon and Boyce picks in exchange)
Ryan
Buchanan
Beauharnais

So why'd we sign browner then?

Dennard's already played in one game, and he's played a full year+ in the system, meaning the adjustment would be less.

Foolish on people's part to assume he would play this week. The moment Belichick started talking about how someone could be in peak physical shape but not football shape in his presser I knew it was doubtful he would play.

giphy.gif

well that sucks...

dennard's shoulder sound serious...
so browner can't play but malcom ****ing butler can??? lol wtf bill?

no hightower...so that means collins and mayo. what if one gets hurt? we don't have lb's. shame we let fletcher go, he was useful as a solid backup lb.

God i hope dennard plays....can't stand to see ryan get lit up by Snau or whatever his name is

Turning our to be some major injuries here at key spots and Dobson..who knows if he will play

God i hope dennard plays....can't stand to see ryan get lit up by Snau or whatever his name is

Turning our to be some major injuries here at key spots and Dobson..who knows if he will play

andy dalton is going to look like joe montana tomorrow night.

The Patriots cut Thompkins and didn't activate Tyms. They brought up a LB from the practice squad. To me, that sounds like they'll either add the LB and keep Hightower/Collins, or one of the Hightower/Collins duo will sit and Dobson will get activated, because I expect them decide against activating all the RBs this week*.

*I grant that my "expect" may be more of a wish. Time will tell.

Let me guess we'll probably sit anyone who has any sort of injury question mark this week and we'll be stuck with the same rubbish as last week only even less.

Good game plan!

Let me guess we'll probably sit anyone who has any sort of injury question mark this week and we'll be stuck with the same rubbish as last week only even less.

Good game plan!

You'll take that back when they go empty backfield with Gronk, Wright, Hooman, Devlin and Bolden!

The Patriots cut Thompkins and didn't activate Tyms. They brought up a LB from the practice squad. To me, that sounds like they'll either add the LB and keep Hightower/Collins, or one of the Hightower/Collins duo will sit and Dobson will get activated, because I expect them decide against activating all the RBs this week*.

*I grant that my "expect" may be more of a wish. Time will tell.
Nope. They need James White to be activated to take carries when the game is way out of reach. ;)

Well we just lost .. What the hell is the point of holding him out
To let him get into football shape again. I'd rather he sit out this week instead of playing and instantly get injured like some who play instantly after a suspension

I'm kinda being a bit *****y about this I'll admit but this is the same feeling as last week. Felt good about the game until screwy decisions right before the game made me feel uneasy. Hope I'm wrong

it's not looking good for tomorrow night. We might be in for another bad day.

it's not looking good for tomorrow night. We might be in for another bad day.

Without Browner and Dennard (most likely), I think we will continue to see the same schemes from the first four games, primarily zones with the corners playing off man. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST