PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 14 (vs BAL) .. PRACTICE news

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
With today a roster move possible (at least to PS) and tomorrow injury list growing (Amendola, Rowe, Hightower) lets begin this week on a somewhat worrying note .. hoping for a better ending ..

Last edited:
"Not feeling great" is so open to interpretation, illness or injury ??. Anyway this is Tuesday and game is not until next Monday night.

First signs that the dreaded flu season is upon us?

Rowe is not healthy and you don't want to aggravate a hammy. So even if you wanted to play him in a limited role, you would need to allow for the possibility that he could not finish, which suggests to me a likelihood that Coleman is active. If you want to dress both, it costs you a spot somewhere else. My guess, therefore, is that Rowe is inactive. It would be a shame because he has played well and brings size and toughness to the position.

I'm willing to give him some time to figure it all out, but it seems like maybe this year we need to shelf the Cyrus Jones punt return. I'm having horrible flashbacks to losing homefield because of a rookie muffing a punt in Denver...

Rowe is not healthy and you don't want to aggravate a hammy. So even if you wanted to play him in a limited role, you would need to allow for the possibility that he could not finish, which suggests to me a likelihood that Coleman is active. If you want to dress both, it costs you a spot somewhere else. My guess, therefore, is that Rowe is inactive. It would be a shame because he has played well and brings size and toughness to the position.

Ravens wont be so much about size but speed. Cyrus played well on Sunday after Rowe went out. First time he flashed some of what was expected. Maybe its a good opportunity to move him to D for this one. I believe they will be cautious with Rowe.

Expected ..
Could be what the doctor ordered outside for those big BAL bodies.
Could return punts as well.

So
Slater - out
Richards - out
Amendola - out
Rowe - out
Bennett - ?

DJ Foster - in
Coleman - in

Hopefully illness for Bennett .. and he's back to practice by Friday

Yeah, with a Monday Night game I wouldn't be shocked to see him do very little, if anything at all this week. He looked really off last week. Kinda has the entire month since he got hurt.

Interesting to monitor PR position this week ..

. The only option that didn't have ball security issues is out.
. Edelman fumbled and should be too valuable for PR now.
. Cyrus we know. Its not just fumbling he's always hesitant. Its hard to improve with low confidence.
He did came back to position after DA out.
. DJ Foster certainly is an option. Was KR when active. Fumbled in preseason.
. White - possibly best option re. ball security/position value
. Lewis - maybe too risky, but possibly big reward ..

Glad he's back to normal. Thought it would be much worse 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back