Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but it doesn't appear that WEEI is broadcasting from "radio row" at the Super Bowl this year. In years past they always did as I recall, regardless of whether the Pats were playing. On the other hand, Felger and ESPNBoston are there and have been giving some interesting coverage including bits on/with the Patriots and the NFL in general. ESPNBoston is now my first option for local sports radio, has been for a few months now. Occasionally I'll pop over to 'EEI just to check in. I've begun a little contest with myself re., 'EEI: I turn it off as soon as the name "Theo" is uttered by a host or call-in guest. I think the record so far is something like 7 minutes during the Dale and Holley Show. The Big Show is swiftly becoming a lost cause, and I don't even bother with Mike Adams at night (the guy is all baseball). Thanks for giving us an option, ESPNBoston!

Tunescribe said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but it doesn't appear that WEEI is broadcasting from "radio row" at the Super Bowl this year. In years past they always did as I recall, regardless of whether the Pats were playing. On the other hand, Felger and ESPNBoston are there and have been giving some interesting coverage including bits on/with the Patriots and the NFL in general. ESPNBoston is now my first option for local sports radio, has been for a few months now. Occasionally I'll pop over to 'EEI just to check in. I've begun a little contest with myself re., 'EEI: I turn it off as soon as the name "Theo" is uttered by a host or call-in guest. I think the record so far is something like 7 minutes during the Dale and Holley Show. The Big Show is swiftly becoming a lost cause, and I don't even bother with Mike Adams at night (the guy is all baseball). Thanks for giving us an option, ESPNBoston!

ESPNBoston is great but it weak north of 495..which stinks...

Tunescribe said:

I agree. EEI is starting to get really annoying. I have felt for a long time that D&C is scripted. It almost seems like they flip a coin in the morning to chose sides on the subject of the day. No matter how stupid, one of them is always argueing an absolute rediculous theory about something. And it seems like they don't even believe what they say. Not to mention that I can't stand John Meterperrell. I get the feeling that he was the 85 lb loser in High Scholl that was costantly being beaten up and harrassed by the other kids. And now he hides behind the microphone to get out all his built up aggressions. I mean how long does he plan to keep up with his Nomar bashing? And he always seems to go against the popular outcomes to whatever topic there are discussing. Its like he is purposely trying to edgy or contraversial. I do like it when Callahan bashes Democrates and their buddies (Cindy Sheehan for example)

I didn't care much for Dale Arnold and his last two partners. Especially Eddie Andleman. He was another moron. Celtics, Celtics, Celtics all day long. But I do like Michael Holly. He has got me listening to them more.

And the Big Show talks about the Sox way to much. Sometimes it's just a bit to much to handle.

The best thing EEi ever did was get rid of Ted Serandos. I mean how many other radio talk show hosts insult their listeners on a daily basis?

Last edited:
stevedogc said:
The best thing EEi ever did was get rid of Ted Serandos. I mean how many other radio talk show hosts insult their listeners on a daily basis?

I kind of got a kick out of Sarandis and his cranky attitude. In retrospect he was much better than Adams, who talks baseball almost exclusively. At least Sarandis would spread it around some.

Tunescribe said:

How long will ESPNBoston be an option though? I remember having high hopes for 1510 several years back. I tuned in pretty regularly to Sean McDonough's program early on. But the lack of signal and ratings killed that station. How does ESPNBoston get more listeners with a lousy signal? And how do they boost the signal without a listener base to justify the cost? Just seems like a catch 22 and the whole venture will end up like 1510 did.

Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the station. But once I get about 10 minutes into my drive home from work, I get nothing but static on 890, and I'm not in range for 1400.

The lack of a strong signal is going to kill ESPNBoston. I can only listen for so long.

WEEI has done me in. I have taken to listening to Howie Carr in the afternoons (after ESPN lack of signal has driven me crazy). How is that for being desparate for any kind of talk radio.

stevedogc said:
I agree. EEI is starting to get really annoying. I have felt for a long time that D&C is scripted. It almost seems like they flip a coin in the morning to chose sides on the subject of the day. No matter how stupid, one of them is always argueing an absolute rediculous theory about something. And it seems like they don't even believe what they say. Not to mention that I can't stand John Meterperrell. I get the feeling that he was the 85 lb loser in High Scholl that was costantly being beaten up and harrassed by the other kids. And now he hides behind the microphone to get out all his built up aggressions. I mean how long does he plan to keep up with his Nomar bashing? And he always seems to go against the popular outcomes to whatever topic there are discussing. Its like he is purposely trying to edgy or contraversial. I do like it when Callahan bashes Democrates and their buddies (Cindy Sheehan for example)

I didn't care much for Dale Arnold and his last two partners. Especially Eddie Andleman. He was another moron. Celtics, Celtics, Celtics all day long. But I do like Michael Holly. He has got me listening to them more.

And the Big Show talks about the Sox way to much. Sometimes it's just a bit to much to handle.

God I hate D&C. I'm an independent, and I know there are nut jobs on both sides, but those 2 take the cake. The comments on Mrs King and the METCO "gorrillas" was TERRIBLE. Yet, when I heard Theo on magically the forehead backed down. They are so tough behind the mic, but like any bullies they always back down when someone their own size confronts them. I'm guessing (because I don't listen anymore) Tom Reilly didnt come up this morning. And even if it did, I'm sure the forehead managed to throw in a Clinton name in retort. (Probably something along the lines of how ugly Chelsea is or something irrelevant like that.)

Anyways, ESPN is GREAT for anyone who hasnt heard it. I would suggest streaming ESPN radio on the internet (you can do this through the Chicago affiliate). The only downside is you wont get Boston ESPN, you get Dan Patrick, who is really good. Colin Cowherd is also the most underrated sports radio host there is, IMO.

I also like Felger (yeah, I know, he's an ass sometimes) but at least he dosent use his show for liberal propoganda (unlike some people on EEI).

QuickOutGo said:
How long will ESPNBoston be an option though? I remember having high hopes for 1510 several years back. I tuned in pretty regularly to Sean McDonough's program early on. But the lack of signal and ratings killed that station. How does ESPNBoston get more listeners with a lousy signal? And how do they boost the signal without a listener base to justify the cost? Just seems like a catch 22 and the whole venture will end up like 1510 did.

Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the station. But once I get about 10 minutes into my drive home from work, I get nothing but static on 890, and I'm not in range for 1400.

Start an Email campaign telling they need to boost their signal.

Tunescribe said:

WEEI covers football???

"WEEI covers football???"

Not since I've been listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back