PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather this week, Giants next = doubtful passing TD records

Status
Not open for further replies.
QFT LOL Lmao rofl brb text messages, myspace, facebook, magic cards, pogs, BRB roflmao telletubbies.

30 mph winds???? :confused::confused:

I read two fairly well know reports that have winds in 10-to 18 mph range
and some rain but mostly not.

Last week it was wintry mix with 40 mph reported all during the week then
at game time ... people who were there said wind wasn't that bad.
All reports so far say a fairly warm day ... so that's good.:)
So like BB said there are several reports and all different.

I'm taking the optimistic reports this time and looking for a great game. :rocker:
If I'm disappointed sot be it ...

Last edited:
Maybe his buddy gets him for the game and his wife gets him at halftime in the hot tub; sounds like the best of both worlds to me :)

ROTFLMAO....

QFT is Quality Family Time....

Anyone at my house at half time is more than welcome to grab a beer and head for the hot tub....that includes my wife (doubt she will) and my friend (both of us happily married, and secure in our ouwn sexuality, thank you very much) and my kids (sans the beer) and in fact, any Pats fans from this board (go to the Seacoast in NH, take a left if you are headed north, and there I am).

I would like to see Tom and Randy one step closer from setting a new record.

i don't want to see Tom and Randy show again this Sun because i'm tired of it and it frankly doesn't work well.

I had a chance for tix, but had to pass...I have to work today (I am at the office right now...lol) and have to work on Monday. My wife is insisting on QFT tomorrow. So, the compromise is, I got to invite a buddy down to the house to watch the game. If you are going, think of me at halftime, I will be in my hottub, with a cold beer, toasting all of you at the game!

In a hot-tub, watching football on the television with a beer in your hand. Only in America! :rocker:

I would like to see Tom and Randy one step closer from setting a new record.

i don't want to see Tom and Randy show again this Sun because i'm tired of it and it frankly doesn't work well.

You, uh, sure about that one chief? Moss' 19 TD's and countless highlight reel, drive-saving catches might disagree with you there.

Keep in mind that Welker still leads in receptions and has 8 TD's of his own, not to mention Gaffney and Watson.

Moss accounts for 42.2% of Brady's TD throws, but only accounts for 25% of Brady's completions. When you go 4 wide for entire games at a time, that seems like a pretty fair division of labor. You could argue that this should be higher based on incompletions and drops, but all of the receivers have dropped more than their fair share of passes. And Brady leads the league in CMP %, so he's obviously hitting who he's throwing to most of the time.

So unless you're arguing that a CMP % of 69.2 is substantially lower than it should be and Moss accounting for 25% of that is unbalanced, well, I'm just not seeing it.

Why is it that when Brady goes for an entire 6 - 8 play drive and hits only Welker, play after play after play, no one whines about the "Brady and Welker" show?

It almost looks like a conspiracy: tomorrow the forecast is for 30 mph wind and rain, then clear to partly cloudy through the following five days. I think we see a game plan focused on the running attack, especially since Miami is stronger against the pass. BB will not emphasize going for the Brady/Moss touchdown passing records unless the game is well in hand. If the Giants need a win next week to make the playoffs, that would further limit things IMO.

Brady needs FIVE touchdown passes in TWO games to beat Manning's record, Moss needs FOUR touchdown catches in TWO games to break Rice's record. I hope like heck it happens, but I'm not optimistic it will. I'll be thrilled just to go 16-0.

Brady will throw 3-4 TD passes tomorrow...a guaranteed minimum of 3! And don't make me tell you "I told you so"!

Brady will throw 3-4 TD passes tomorrow...a guaranteed minimum of 3! And don't make me tell you "I told you so"!

Are you basing this on anything other than a hunch?

I don't care about Moss going for the record. I want Manning's record to go down, though.

A few weeks ago it seemed like Brady/Moss would achieve it even if they were not playing their best ... so it adds a little drama for us fans ... I bet they pull it off.

i dont care at all about any of these "records", including 19-0... only one thing matters, a superbowl win, or this whole season was for nothing...

just one fan's opinion.

im pretty sure if this team goes 16-0, destroys the alltime offense record, brady wins "man of the year" for 17 different magazines, moss sets the alltime TD record, and brady beats mannings TD record, but we lose our first playoff game to the chargers, this would go down as a VERY disappointing season, maybe the most disappointing ever? right now, i would think that good vikings team (15-1?) has to be thought of as the most disappointing ever.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
i dont care at all about any of these "records", including 19-0... only one thing matters, a superbowl win, or this whole season was for nothing...

just one fan's opinion.

Bingo! We've got bingo! What are these record-lovin' lame-o's... former Colts fans? In order... here are my top ten Pats priorities:

1 through 8. Win SB.
9. Troy Brown TD in regular season.
10. Go 19-0.

Passing records? catching records? Yawner.

Which would you rather brag about (if you could only choose one): Another Superbowl win or an individual record? I'll take the SB win all day and twice on Sunday.

Oh, and the weather right now is really foggy and warmer than usual. I know that could change but I'm not seeing this 30 mph wind.

Last edited:
Forecast looks fine today, warm, 45 at game time some slight, slight drizzle, perfect for TD to throw his 4TDs today. The worst of the weater will happen after the game. ALLRIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!

It almost looks like a conspiracy: tomorrow the forecast is for 30 mph wind and rain, then clear to partly cloudy through the following five days. I think we see a game plan focused on the running attack, especially since Miami is stronger against the pass. BB will not emphasize going for the Brady/Moss touchdown passing records unless the game is well in hand. If the Giants need a win next week to make the playoffs, that would further limit things IMO.

Brady needs FIVE touchdown passes in TWO games to beat Manning's record, Moss needs FOUR touchdown catches in TWO games to break Rice's record. I hope like heck it happens, but I'm not optimistic it will. I'll be thrilled just to go 16-0.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB said to the team that if they want to break any records they have to do it today because they have more important goals than a perfect season and next week some players might rest. I think we might see a highly motivated, super-charged Pats team today against a really lousy Dolphins team.

I know the Pats look for any extra little bit of motivation every week. Do you think the Phins hiring Parcells will motivate BB and the Pats this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back