PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
edgecy said:
So it's not okay anymore to celebrate the team's win..? :confused:

Celebrate all night, but you need to forget about it and move on by the time practice starts this week.

Seymour93 said:
Celebrate all night, but you need to forget about it and move on by the time practice starts this week.

Well, yeah, but the night is not even over yet. The win gave us a much needed lift. For me, I'd gladly take the overbloated crowd over the naysayers anyday.

Bella*chick said:
Could we at least have waited until....I don't know, Tuesday or Wednesday to post "let's be realistic" threads? A couple hours of enjoyment isn't going to kill anyone.

I completly agree!!! Amen to some happiness and smiles on this board for a few days please!

Seymour93 said:
People here make it sound like we're the ones playing the games. I don't get it. It's nice to get in the same mindset as the team, but come on.

Digger44 said:
The whole point is don't be as obnoxious as the idiots who were posting crap like last week. I am as happy as anybody about today, but give me a break newbies, why be ******ed?
Some of us are far more ******ed than others....

I won't name names though.:singing:

ATippett56 said:
The Bills and the Jets are to be taken seriously. On the other hand, the Dolphins are a joke!

Before you get stuck in the trap others have, think about this. First, the Phins are stopping the run well. We may not be able to run next week. Second, if their D plays up to it's theoretical ability, we may in a position of kicking FG's. We may have a problem with the FG thing (it remains to be seen). Third, it's a division game against a team that will come in desparate to win. Fourth, Saban knows BB and one would think he can put together a game plan that will try to take advantage of that.

I am of the mind, all kidding aside from my other posts, that every game must be approached as an intense struggle. Miami comes in with a tough D, inside knowledge and the feeling of desparation closing in. Any of this worry you?

TheBostonStraggler said:
Before you get stuck in the trap others have, think about this. First, the Phins are stopping the run well. We may not be able to run next week. Second, if their D plays up to it's theoretical ability, we may in a position of kicking FG's. We may have a problem with the FG thing (it remains to be seen). Third, it's a division game against a team that will come in desparate to win. Fourth, Saban knows BB and one would think he can put together a game plan that will try to take advantage of that.

I am of the mind, all kidding aside from my other posts, that every game must be approached as an intense struggle. Miami comes in with a tough D, inside knowledge and the feeling of desparation closing in. Any of this worry you?

The Dolphins are forced into a corner.. they have literally nothing to lose and they will go all out agains the Pats. That scares me.

Digger44 said:
Ok the Chicken Little Crowd is quiet tonight, but there is a new bloated crowd out tonight. Let's keep this win realistic. We did some great things today. There are plenty of thing we need to work on. The timing routes are still off. Tom did miss some balls. The defense has some injury holes. The season is long and we need to play better football. Congrats to everyone today, but we must be realistic.
Why do "we" need to be careful, we're fans. If you're worried about us setting ourselves up for disappointmet, then don't :D

I agree on the Pats need to play better for sure but they will and I have absolutely no doubt, barring major injuries of course. The offense will just get better and better as he gets more comfortable with the receivers.

Johnny Mac said:
People here make it sound like we're the ones playing the games. I don't get it. It's nice to get in the same mindset as the team, but come on.

I was speaking from a player's perspective. They (sorry, I'm one of those guys who says 'we' all the time in reference to the team) don't need to get too excited about this game because it's done, they need to focus on beating Miami and so on.

Seymour93 said:
I was speaking from a player's perspective. They (sorry, I'm one of those guys who says 'we' all the time in reference to the team) don't need to get too excited about this game because it's done, they need to focus on beating Miami and so on.

Oh, yes, of course. However, listening to the post-game press conferences....it's the same attitude they have had after every win, every loss, for the last several years. I trust our coaching staff and vets to know how to behave and to set the example for the younger guys.

I was under the impression that this thread was about being too exuberant here on the boards...which is weird because not a single one of us is suiting up to play.

Johnny Mac said:

Because I am a fan. You live and die by Fall Sundays. No, I am not playing. I am, however, rabid. Under your way of thinking, if the Patriots lose, I don't lose. Maybe you're technically right. I am not a Patriots player. I do lose the game,as far as I am concerned, if they lose regardless of my emplyemnt status with them. I don't know any other way to think about it........

Bella*chick said:
Oh, yes, of course. However, listening to the post-game press conferences....it's the same attitude they have had after every win, every loss, for the last several years. I trust our coaching staff and vets to know how to behave and to set the example for the younger guys.

I was under the impression that this thread was about being too exuberant here on the boards...which is weird because not a single one of us is suiting up to play.

I think Digger was trying to warn both players and fans not to get over-confident. There's still some things that need tweaking... the secondary, granted played outstanding today, is inexperienced without Hobbs and Wilson, and the WR's will go up against a better defence this upcoming week. Gostkowski cannot continue missing FG's because on a bad day the offense won't be able to bail him out. Basically, forumers shouldn't go on about 15-1 predictions now, and the team needs to take Miami as a serious threat.

The players won't get overconfident. bb will see to that.

We, on the other hand, can get as overconfident as much as we want!!! Seriously, in training camp, many here (and many of the media) thought that we should be favorites to at least be in the AFC Championship Game. Some thought we should be the best bet to win the Super Bowl.

A bit has happened since those glowing predictions. We didn't sign Law. We signed Gabriel and Seau and lost Branch. Maroney has proved himself. Light, Koppen and Harrison have come back healthy. On balance, we are probably a better team today than when those predictions were made.

Certainly no AFC has stepped up as a clear leader.

Sure, an unbiased view would have give all current division leaders (plus Cinci)a reasonable shot at the Super Bowl. That is probably a balanced view.

However, some of us don't take a balanced view. We think that our playoff experience makes us the favorites.

BOTTOM LINE

Who would you bet on to win the AFC straight up? I would bet on us before any other AFC team, although Baltimore looks really tough. Picking up McNair has to be the best pickup in the league.

I still believe that any of the top five in the AFC are better than anyone in the NFC. Perhaps I should include the jags in that group and even the squealers.

I dont doubt we are as good as we played today. This team grew through the first 4 weeks. On our first offensive drive, I said, we are winning today, because I saw a team in sync. THAT is something that means something, not John Maddens opinion of body language.
That said, if we are as good in January as we were today, we will lose. Because teams need to get better. Every team needs to be better than they were today to win in the playoffs.
My confidence in this team is because we have the best coaching staff in the NFL, and are most likely to progress throughout the year.
The first 4 weeks showed (against 2 playoff teams and 2 above average contenders, if not playoff teams) that the talent is there (and fits together properly) for us to make a run at a Lombardi.
Whether or not that happens depends on how much better we get over the next 3 months.
So no, Im not too high over this win, just as I was not low at all after last weeks loss. I am however excited that through the PROCESS of a season, we notched a road win against a top opponent, and are 3-1.
I would consider the 1st quarter of the season a big success.

jaychamp said:
Why do "we" need to be careful, we're fans. If you're worried about us setting ourselves up for disappointmet, then don't :D

I agree on the Pats need to play better for sure but they will and I have absolutely no doubt, barring major injuries of course. The offense will just get better and better as he gets more comfortable with the receivers.

Why do "we" need to be careful? It just so happens that some of us enjoy quality posting on this board and not the trash that you and your fairweather friends post here. If you don't want any integrity, then thats fine. Be as trashy as you want. Just don't put it on this board.

I was stunned to see the Pats win especially as lopsided as they did. However watching the opening 2 drives for the Bengals I was fully expecting them to put a hurting on us. We managed to hold them to 2 FGs & then Maroney just went off. He was incredible. The defense made 2 huge turnovers late in the game to make the score lopsided, otherwise we probably only win by 14. There were still a lot of mistackling. Brady is becoming more comfortable with his new WRs, but they've still got some work to do.

Last edited:
today i was all day so happy for the win that i was and still i'm very excited; so, still for a couple of days, i prefere avoid to be careful

but i understand perfectly what you mean - we are only in october ; but this win was amazing, awesome, beautiful !

what a game !

TheBostonStraggler said:

If it weren't for the Oakland Faiders, the Miami Dolphins would be the worst team in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins have shown NOTHING this season that they will be able to win one game on the road.

Playing the Buffalo Bills on the road will be, by far, a more difficult challenge.

Seymour93 said:

We need to forget about it and move on? LOL! We don't 'need' to do anything. If you need to move on then by all means do so. As for myself I haven't lost perspective on things. I realize there's a lot of football remaining to be played but I like the 'high' to last as long as possible after a satisfying win like yesterday's. Maybe by Thursday or Friday I'll move on...maybe not until kickoff time Sunday afternoon...I'll see how I feel.

I'm not bashing you. I can see you're all concerned and stuff and don't want to 'jinx' the team but get off the soapbox. We don't need to get our noses to the grindstone the Patriots do. The Patriots are the only ones after a win or a loss that need to need to move on come practice time...not the fans.

ATippett56 said:
If it weren't for the Oakland Faiders, the Miami Dolphins would be the worst team in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins have shown NOTHING this season that they will be able to win one game on the road.

Playing the Buffalo Bills on the road will be, by far, a more difficult challenge.

Actually, Miami has shown they have a very capable defense. Anytime you can play defense you are capable of winning. And repaeting myself<sorry>, this is a divisional game against a team that, with another loss, is looking at the end of playoff hopes coming very soon. Do I expect the Patriots to win? Yes. Do I expect Miami to scratch and dig for a win? Yes. Do I think the Patriots need to do the same to assure victory? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes