PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Need the Razor to Sound Like Altel Stadium Tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting my hopes up. As someone who has gotten into arguements with other so called fans because they just sit on their asses my guess is Sunday night will be the whine and cheese crowd being the 1st real marquee game this year and in warm weather. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be doing my best to get them going but....

a game like that at the 'old' Foxboro-Schaefer-Sullivan stadium would have been imho at Altel level

at the 'new' Gillette i have some doubts (of course i hope to be wrong)

italianpatthepatriot said:
am i wrong or Pittsburgh Steelers fans are the fans that also 'on the road' have always a very high significant presence ?

i have to admit that they are everywhere...

Good question. IMO higher media attention does not equate to higher attendence. The media loves to hype Steelers fans as the best "road" fans. Then again, considering the Steelers have had a winning franchise since the 70's - one could easily argue they have a larger bandwagon. Every team has fans who travel, some just garner more attention than others.

Of course, nobody was talking about the die-hard Steelers fans in 2003....when the team went 6-10.

i do not see many fans on the road like PIT fans (another example was yesterday's game @ Jax)

i can imagine that Steelers fans where many thousands

only to understand why (as DAL or SF, also hystorical winning franchises, they are not followed on the road from many fans)

PatsRI said:
I'm not getting my hopes up. As someone who has gotten into arguements with other so called fans because they just sit on their asses my guess is Sunday night will be the whine and cheese crowd being the 1st real marquee game this year and in warm weather. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be doing my best to get them going but....
That's all we can do. Educate those that don't any better....ONE fan at a time. The guys around me are great. We are second to last row in lower level so we usually stand most of the time because the guys behind stand as well. I usually try to get the guys in my immediate area all up when appropriate and high five em to get em pumped when we have a big play. You can only influence those around you but maybe if enough of us spread the word slowly but surely we can be the majority.

Kdo5 said:
That place was roaring and we need Gillete to be like that to help our defense. But keep in mind all the Jags fans were crazy and drunk.

We can be crazy and drunk d%#*!@t!! I feel like John Belushi in Animal House where he yells, "Are you with me??!!!" and runs out of the frat house screaming!! We have to get everybody on board and turn around this negative vibe!!

italianpatthepatriot said:
i do not see many fans on the road like PIT fans (another example was yesterday's game @ Jax)

i can imagine that Steelers fans where many thousands

only to understand why (as DAL or SF, also hystorical winning franchises, they are not followed on the road from many fans)

Like I said, the MNF cameras focused on the Steelers fans specifically. How many did we see overall? 10? 15? But when all was said and done they made no impact on crowd noise there.

Again, I don't buy into it. Stuart Scott claimed there were 20,000 Pittsburgh fans at Jacksonsville. That was pure fabrication (those types of numbers aren't calculated). You'd think if there were that many they would have actually impacted the crowd noise. You'd think if there were that many at the game we would have actually seen them in the wide crowd shots (instead of the smattering that was actually shown).

I'm not saying the Steelers don't have a strong contingent of fans who travel - I'm just saying they get all the attention.

NEM said:
Your seats must be right under the red seats. Bring a flamethrower and heat their asses up so they will have to stand and yell.
I am. I'm also right in front of the visiting radio announcers. We usually are yelling at them and making first down jestures. It actually keeps us pretty pumped during the game.

Kdo5 said:
That place was roaring and we need Gillete to be like that to help our defense. But keep in mind all the Jags fans were crazy and drunk.

It will be Sunday night. I suspect a few Patriots fans will be crazy and drunk.

The noise level has been fine ever since Seymour blasted the fans last season. Personally, people pay a lot of money to go to these games. However they want to watch/celebrate the game is fine by me.

PatsDeb said:
We can be crazy and drunk d%#*!@t!! I feel like John Belushi in Animal House where he yells, "Are you with me??!!!" and runs out of the frat house screaming!! We have to get everybody on board and turn around this negative vibe!!
Back in Foxboro Stadium they used to play that scene on 3rd downs to get the crowd fired up, now they play nothing. I heard it was a league rule but I still see other stadiums doing it.

PatsRI said:
Back in Foxboro Stadium they used to play that scene on 3rd downs to get the crowd fired up, now they play nothing. I heard it was a league rule but I still see other stadiums doing it.
I used to love when they showed Arnold in Predator covered in mud screaming

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! u patsies will need all the help u can get out of that quiet crowd, too bad its not gonna be enough !! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! haaaaaaaaa! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy!!!!

the boos were pretty loud when the pats played the bills...lets see if the same fans can actually cheer loudly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes