PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Need the Razor to Sound Like Altel Stadium Tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Did you hear that crowd for the entire game? It obviously had an effect on the Steelers - they couldn't hear eachother on the field. We need our fans to be as fired up this Sunday night at the Razor!! Maybe they can hand out those stupid noise sticks!!! Spread the word to your friends who are going to the game!!! On your feet screaming the entire time!!! GO PATS!! BEAT DENVER!!!

I agree. But did anyone else hear Stuart Scott remark that there were 20,000 Steelers fans there tonight? Pure bunk (love to know how he concocted that number). The pandering to Steelers fans is ridiculous. It's like it's become a favorite past-time of MNF to herald their fans.

Re: We Need the Razor to Sound Like INVESCO !!!!

I cannot say how important this is to me.... its actually personal. I was at the playoff game in Denver last year and I have to tell you, the Denver home crowd was THE loudest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Louder than AC DC at the Providence Civic Center ( I think its got a corporate label now?)

Possibly louder than Megadeth at The Living Room in providence (please tell me its still around), ok, probably not.

But my ears were actually ringing after the game. Anyone who doesn't think this had an impact on Brady's ability to call audibles simply was not paying attention.

There were morons in back of me intentionally yelling in my ear. It was all I could do to keep from elbowing them in face.

THIS CROWD NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME WHENEVER THE DEFENSE IS ON THE FIELD. I CALL UPON THE PRESS TO GET THE WORD OUT. PLEASE HELP US.

D-cleater said:
THIS CROWD NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME WHENEVER THE DEFENSE IS ON THE FIELD. I CALL UPON THE PRESS TO GET THE WORD OUT. PLEASE HELP US.

I just e-mailed Mike Reiss - maybe others could do the same? Who wants to call into Felger's show? :)

GET LOUD WHEN THE DONKIES ARE ON!!! D

loud and proud...first...second...and THIRD downs!

I'll be at the game trying to inspire the white wine drinking yuppies to my left and right. Anyone else at the game should do the same.

We also need to get inside Plummer's head, especially if he has a rough start.

Recommended chants for Sunday night:

1) For every incompletion: "IN-COM-PLETE!" - this is Denver's silly little chant at Mile High

2) For every interception/fumble/bad play: "CUUUUUTTTTLLLLEEERRRRR"

I'd love to hear the 68,000 at Gillette chanting in unison :)

D-cleater said:
I cannot say how important this is to me.... its actually personal. I was at the playoff game in Denver last year and I have to tell you, the Denver home crowd was THE loudest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Louder than AC DC at the Providence Civic Center ( I think its got a corporate label now?)

Possibly louder than Megadeth at The Living Room in providence (please tell me its still around), ok, probably not.
QUOTE]
The Living Room is still around.

Club Babyhead is gone.

The Civic Center is now the Dunkin Donuts Center, AKA "The Dunk".

But at least we have a big mall now!

Times change. For the worse, sometimes.

I wonder if any Pats live in RI. I really have no idea.

richpats said:
We also need to get inside Plummer's head, especially if he has a rough start.

Recommended chants for Sunday night:

1) For every incompletion: "IN-COM-PLETE!" - this is Denver's silly little chant at Mile High

2) For every interception/fumble/bad play: "CUUUUUTTTTLLLLEEERRRRR"

I'd love to hear the 68,000 at Gillette chanting in unison :)

Yes!! Great ideas! I was just thinking last night, "what is that stupid chant they do at Mile High?' Thanks for reminding me Rich. Unnerving can be done! The "CUT THAT MEAT" chants every time Peytie Pie screwed up in the 2004 playoff game were awesome! Yelling for Cutler is a good one!

PatsDeb said:
Yes!! Great ideas! I was just thinking last night, "what is that stupid chant they do at Mile High?' Thanks for reminding me Rich. Unnerving can be done! The "CUT THAT MEAT" chants every time Peytie Pie screwed up in the 2004 playoff game were awesome! Yelling for Cutler is a good one!

All great ideas. I hope they work.

I for one have a huge issue with Gillette's fan atmosphere.

Clapping is for Tennis and Cricket. I've heard louder cheering at US Open golf events.

As a region, we suffer from some "uptightness" here. I don't know how you cure that. Honest to God, people at Gillette look at you funny if you get up from your seat and cheer. They give you this look like, "what a yahoo."

I've heard the excuses, stadium's too spread out....too many corporate red seaters.

Garbage.

I see folks in the cheap seats, giving an obligatory seated applause.

I doubt this issue will ever be corrected. The big problem is we spend so little time indulging and enjoying the moment and worrying more about "what people will think of us."

Slagathor said:
All great ideas. I hope they work.

I for one have a huge issue with Gillette's fan atmosphere.

Clapping is for Tennis and Cricket. I've heard louder cheering at US Open golf events.

As a region, we suffer from some "uptightness" here. I don't know how you cure that. Honest to God, people at Gillette look at you funny if you get up from your seat and cheer. They give you this look like, "what a yahoo."

I've heard the excuses, stadium's too spread out....too many corporate red seaters.

Garbage.

I see folks in the cheap seats, giving an obligatory seated applause.

I doubt this issue will ever be corrected. The big problem is we spend so little time indulging and enjoying the moment and worrying more about "what people will think of us."

Slag, divine intervention may help out with this too. If the weather forecast is accurate, we're going to see some showers and I'm willing to bet the wine/cheese group may be less noticable (i.e. NOT there) and the true fans, the die-hards like us will be able to support our team without getting a lecture.

It'll be loud until the defense gives up repeated 1st downs on 3rd & whatever. It sucks the life out of the stadium when they cannot stop the other team. After thew 1st qtr, the fans realise it doesn't seem to make any difference so why exhaust themselves?

In 2003 / 2004, noise was never an issue. Even in the 12-0 games, the place was rocking because the defense was DOMINANT. In 2005, the defense could not stop teams on 3rd down. Eventually, the fans get more quite.

My message this year to Seymour and the others, is the same as last year: GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT! If I don't see the effort on the field, why should we continue to make the effort?

tailgater said:
It'll be loud until the defense gives up repeated 1st downs on 3rd & whatever. It sucks the life out of the stadium when they cannot stop the other team. After thew 1st qtr, the fans realise it doesn't seem to make any difference so why exhaust themselves?

In 2003 / 2004, noise was never an issue. Even in the 12-0 games, the place was rocking because the defense was DOMINANT. In 2005, the defense could not stop teams on 3rd down. Eventually, the fans get more quite.

My message this year to Seymour and the others, is the same as last year: GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT! If I don't see the effort on the field, why should we continue to make the effort?

The bigger issue isn't situational crowd reaction, it has more to do with overall crowd energy.

After the past 5 years, if this team hasn't given you a reason to cheer, then you have no pulse. Many other team's fans would DIE to have the situation we have here.

In 2003/2004, the energy was there at playoff time. When we played the fins after the blizzard also.

Other than that, it wasn't so great.

This ain't like the MLB, NBA or NFL where they play TONS of games. Every game is important whether it's the 1st or the last. The intensity should be there all season.

I just don't see. I probably am a big yahoo....!

But that's OK. I sleep comfortably.

Slagathor said:
The bigger issue isn't situational crowd reaction, it has more to do with overall crowd energy.

After the past 5 years, if this team hasn't given you a reason to cheer, then you have no pulse. Many other team's fans would DIE to have the situation we have here.

In 2003/2004, the energy was there at playoff time. When we played the fins after the blizzard also.

Other than that, it wasn't so great.

This ain't like the MLB, NBA or NFL where they play TONS of games. Every game is important whether it's the 1st or the last. The intensity should be there all season.

I just don't see. I probably am a big yahoo....!

But that's OK. I sleep comfortably.

I agree!! I cheer my butt off at every game. Sometimes I am basically alone, sometimes everyone else is with me. I am just so sick of all the negativity!!! We are 2-0 d%#*!@t, with a chance to embarass a team who embarassed us on national tv last year!! Forget this, "Give me something to cheer about and I'll cheer" stuff!! Confidence (from the fans) begets confidence (in the players). Everyone in that stadium should be screaming for Plummer's head when the D is out there. It's part of our mission as fans to help the team win!!

Last edited:
PatsDeb said:
I agree!! I cheer my butt off at every game. Sometimes I am basically alone, sometimes everyone else is with me. I am just so sick of all the negativity!!! We are 2-0 d%#*!@t, with a chance to embarass a team who embarassed us on national tv last year!! Forget this, "Give me something to cheer about and I'll cheer" stuff!! Confidence (from the fans) begets confidence (in the players). Everyone in that stadium should be screaming for Plummer's head when the D is out there. It's part of our mission as fans to help the team win!!

Great post!

If you every feel lonely in your call from Plummer's head, look at section 304 as me and my friends will be there acting equally wacky.

We'll do a 5-person wave or something

I got great seats in row 8 of Sec 325 - row 8 is the 'first' row of the upper level seats up the stairs so I'll be on the rail! I'll definitely be leading chants in my section :)

richpats said:
I got great seats in row 8 of Sec 325 - row 8 is the 'first' row of the upper level seats up the stairs so I'll be on the rail! I'll definitely be leading chants in my section :)

Awesome!

That makes 3 of us.

Only 67,997 to go! We've got some work ahead of us.

D-cleater said:
I cannot say how important this is to me.... its actually personal. I was at the playoff game in Denver last year and I have to tell you, the Denver home crowd was THE loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. But my ears were actually ringing after the game.
That's the dilemma of having the best team/stadium/organization money can buy. To get all these goodies and maintain it management goes for the biggest bucks they can, which is why you have a venue filled with the wine&cheese corporate clappers and not the poor working stiffs like me ($35 just for parking?!!). But I can tell you that my ears are ringing after games I watch at the local bars from all the cheering we do at the dang TV.

PatsDeb said:
Did you hear that crowd for the entire game?

i have been able to see the game now and i was going to open a thread like that (nice you had the same idea).

i was absolutely impressed by the crowd in JAX...

amazing...

from first second till the last second they were really strong - good fans

when the PIT offense was on the field it was a kaos...

compliments to the Jaguars (they looks a very good team) and compliments to their fans (all of them stayied there till the end of the game)

i would LOVE to see 'The Razor' at the same level on Sunady against the hated Broncos

PLS DO YR PART ON SUNDAY EVENING !!!

Last edited:
That place was roaring and we need Gillete to be like that to help our defense. But keep in mind all the Jags fans were crazy and drunk.

am i wrong or Pittsburgh Steelers fans are the fans that also 'on the road' have always a very high significant presence ?

i have to admit that they are everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back