PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need more leaders on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's tough for all true fans after a loss like this at home, BUT I see a very, very young defense that is going to get better next year.

3 studs in the first 33 picks won't hurt either........

Plenty of leaders on this team and leaders - in - training.

Face it, we can't win every playoff game indefinitely.....

I like the look of a very young team! The sting will diminish.

What make you think these Draft studs will work out? A 17% chance of top tier performance is the NFL average. We exceeded that this year but it was an exceptional class. This years Draft class is weak to mediocre. BB needs to look back at 2007. We need more of a sprinkling of some talented play-right-now proven vets (plus some picks to work out).

Those jerks in the media rave about how this year was the better Team. We lost the 2007 SB by a fluke play and some non-calls and one dropped int. But we had a record setting performance. Anyone who says this year was better should have fun watching the rest of the playoffs. I will take 2007 (loss and all) as more fun and the better Team.

OK Cousins, would you would like to have had the 2007 version intact for yesterdays game to try to win it? Or this years. Interesting I would say. I say 2007 Team wins. This build by the Draft stuff sounds wonderful but FA and Trades let the Saints win last year as the most productive pieces.

Lets look at the Teams still alive. The Steelers are in transition. They are an old Team that did have many decent Drafts but none to speak of lately. They need an infusion of some new talent. They won the SB in their heydays with non-drafted or traded for RBs like Bettis and Willie Parker. They were dominant. They made enough plays to get back this year but not like the Steelers of a few years ago. The Jets have some Draft wins but their impact players are trades. No need to discuss.
The Bears made some substantial upgrades with Peppers, Cutler, Pisa Tinoisamoa, and Taylor. I say that got them where they are today. The Packers have been built by the Draft and perhaps the only playoff Team to mostly do so, but what about Woodson? He is this years Sharper. He is their main difference maker on defense.
DW Toys

Many people say Brady was the problem, he was but it was not his fault entirely. Our defense was crap, we are ranked 25th in the league and we played like it. I think we need to grab some defensive ends in the draft or via free agency, also look at some shutdown corners (i.e. Nnamdi Asamough) voided contract making him a unresricted free agent, or even trading up for a higher pick to claim De'Quean Bowers out of Clemson or even drafting Allen Bailey out of Miami. Some have even suggested signing Larry Fitzgerald, if we did it would be ala 2007 offense but I dont think we can he wants $18 million a year and thats more than Brady makes and I dont think Rob Kraft will fork over that much money.

I know it's tough for all true fans after a loss like this at home, BUT I see a very, very young defense that is going to get better next year.

3 studs in the first 33 picks won't hurt either........

Plenty of leaders on this team and leaders - in - training.

Face it, we can't win every playoff game indefinitely.....

I like the look of a very young team! The sting will diminish.

well said and now we have 4 opportunities in the first 60 picks too

Yall should have paid me what I wanted - Im leadin and still playin next week end ...... hahahahaha :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft