PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, Gray isn't cutting it. I was happy to see him show some fire, but then he gets thrown around and arm tackled. He's supposed to be a downhill runner.

We are going to need to close out some close games like we didn't do today.

the Broncos, if im not mistaken, were the number one run defense.

Nothing to panic about, also no FA running backs are upgrades.

Lets see how all of this looks after the BYE. We now have time to breath out, enjoy and reorganize...

Denver's Run D is great. And as much as I agree that Gray is not a great option, there isn't anything left for us to go after.

Stick to what we got, if we can run for 100 yards every game with everybody, i'm satisfied

the Broncos, if im not mistaken, were the number one run defense.

Nothing to panic about, also no FA running backs are upgrades.

I don't want Vereen carrying that much and Gray is not an NFL caliber running back.

The reason the Broncos have a statistically good run defense is they play from 2-3 touchdowns ahead so it's pointless to run. We let them stay in the game a long time because we couldn't run.

People refuse to put statistics in context. Nobody is going to keep running the ball against Peyton Manning, because you need quick points to even compete.

I don't want Vereen carrying that much and Gray is not an NFL caliber running back.

The reason the Broncos have a statistically good run defense is they play from 2-3 touchdowns ahead so it's pointless to run. We let them stay in the game a long time because we couldn't run.

Who would you sign out of the free agents available?

Should be a forum rule, if you make a thread saying the team should do something, or is currently doing something wrong, your post should include a viable option.

Sorry, Gray isn't cutting it. I was happy to see him show some fire, but then he gets thrown around and arm tackled. He's supposed to be a downhill runner.

We are going to need to close out some close games like we didn't do today.
I like Vereen as the primary back overall but I do agree that we could use an upgrade in terms of ball carrier type.

Should be a forum rule, if you make a thread saying the team should do something, or is currently doing something wrong, your post should include a viable option.
Great, there go a full third of the threads on the board.

The Patriots did overuse Vereen today.

If you're going to make that a rule, you need to help me set up a training camp at my house so I can work them out.

If you're going to make that a rule, you need to help me set up a training camp at my house so I can work them out.

I'll bring a couple of whistles and a sleeping bag.

Yeah we do need a RB but unfortunately the best guy out there is probably Lawfirm and thats really not saying much at this point in his career. I'd say the pats should have pushed harder for a RB at the trade deadline but they probably did and nobody was willing to sell

To go with that new power running back the Pats will also need some guards who can get some push up the middle. Thankfully the Pats do have a couple linemen bigger than Connolly or Wendell they could try at guard, like Cannon, Devey, and Fleming.

To go with that new power running back the Pats will also need some guards who can get some push up the middle. Thankfully the Pats do have a couple linemen bigger than Connolly or Wendell they could try at guard, like Cannon, Devey, and Fleming.

Of course it's a combination, but a decent runner needs to make something out of a hole, not just get the minimum and go down with an arm tackle.

There are recognizable names and players i don't know. I think it's fair to say a player has not locked down a job. Do you think Gray is what we need at running back to close out games?

Of course it's a combination, but a decent runner needs to make something out of a hole, not just get the minimum and go down with an arm tackle.
This is what you choose to focus on today?

I'll bring a couple of whistles and a sleeping bag.

There are recognizable names and players i don't know. I think it's fair to say a player has not locked down a job. Do you think Gray is what we need at running back to close out games?

The Patriots did overuse Vereen today.

Now this is a valid concern. Keep putting Vereen in the middle like that and we might lose him.

Gray is fine. He's going to do an amazing LeGarrett Blount impression on SNF in 2 weeks.

I think Gray is probably not the option long term, however judging him based on his performance against the number 1 run D (whether teams are playing from behind against them or not)

Too early to panic after seeing the pats blow a team out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back