PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We could really use Reiss on a day like today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think he's back today..later

He's BACK!!

Among the more interesting tidbits -- the Pats tried to move up to #22 in last year's draft to take WR Mark Clayton, but the Ravens, at 22 themselves, took him.

"EXTRA POINT: The Patriots attempted to trade to the 22nd pick in last year's draft, according to this Baltimore Sun report (registration might be required). Speaking on draft-day dealings, Eric DeCosta -- the director of college scouting for the Baltimore Ravens -- said the Ravens received an on-the-clock call from the Patriots expressing their interest in selecting receiver Mark Clayton. The Ravens ended up picking Clayton, while the Patriots stayed put at 32 and selected offensive lineman Logan Mankins. In six drafts under Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli, the Patriots haven't selected a receiver in the first round."

Amnorix said:
He's BACK!!

Among the more interesting tidbits -- the Pats tried to move up to #22 in last year's draft to take WR Mark Clayton, but the Ravens, at 22 themselves, took him.

"EXTRA POINT: The Patriots attempted to trade to the 22nd pick in last year's draft, according to this Baltimore Sun report (registration might be required). Speaking on draft-day dealings, Eric DeCosta -- the director of college scouting for the Baltimore Ravens -- said the Ravens received an on-the-clock call from the Patriots expressing their interest in selecting receiver Mark Clayton. The Ravens ended up picking Clayton, while the Patriots stayed put at 32 and selected offensive lineman Logan Mankins. In six drafts under Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli, the Patriots haven't selected a receiver in the first round."

I wonder how often teams pick a guy because someone else expressed a desire... I imagine Belioli and Co. could really mess with some people!

BruschiOnTap said:
I wonder how often teams pick a guy because someone else expressed a desire... I imagine Belioli and Co. could really mess with some people!

Or they just liked Clayton... When you talk about need picks, the Ravens really, really needed someone who could get open & catch the ball (other than heap who missed half the year) even w/ the fact they had scooped us on Mason.

Yeah, Clayton actually was pretty good. I suppose that the frequent number of busted picks would make me wary about taking someone else's 'hidden gem'... Kinda like cheating in high school off a kid who also ends up failing the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft